GDT: 2022 Free Agent Frenzy - July 13 [11 AM CT]

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
It's too late into the offseason to sell off enough pieces to be that bad.
No it's not...free agency starts tomorrow...

They lose Johnny and Tkachuk those are two big loses. There will be teams looking for pieces if they are indeed selling and those teams lose out on someone they wanted,

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I would be pretty comfortable moving Bourque and a 1st plus for Rasmus Andersson, if Calgary decided to try a full blown firesale.

I'd want a young top 6 forward for that price tbh, not a #2 dman, who I could easily see ending up as a #3 2nd pairing guy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
you'd rather a 2nd liner over a top pairing defenseman?

I think another legit top 6 player with top line potential would help the Stars a lot more tbh.

I'd want to see another year of him produce at this level before determining if he's really a top pairing dman. I'm not convinced yet. I think he'd be better suited as the 2nd or 3rd Best dman on whatever team he is on. Bourque, a 1st, and then adding more on top of that? No thanks. That's a good starting package for a guy like Tkachuk.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think another legit top 6 player with top line potential would help the Stars a lot more tbh.

I'd want to see another year of him produce at this level before determining if he's really a top pairing dman. I'm not convinced yet. I think he'd be better suited as the 2nd or 3rd Best dman on whatever team he is on. Bourque, a 1st, and then adding more on top of that? No thanks. That's a good starting package for a guy like Tkachuk.
I think you're splitting hairs way too fine on the definition of top pair vs second pairing defenseman (try to name 64 defensemen better than Rasmus Andersson) but if Rasmus Andersson is on your second pair, you've got a damn good blueline.

I'd take him alllllllllllll day long over most wingers. Especially on that sweetheart contract of his for the next 4 seasons.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
His contract was the main reason I mentioned him at all, and also will probably be the reason he doesn’t get moved. It might be wise, though, given how good of a year he just had.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If Steve Kouleas is saying P-Kane is putting in a trade request tomorrow I believe it. Dude doesn’t really speculate things like that on his own. I highly doubt he’d play here though.

• Wow
Reactions: Satan and LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think you're splitting hairs way too fine on the definition of top pair vs second pairing defenseman (try to name 64 defensemen better than Rasmus Andersson) but if Rasmus Andersson is on your second pair, you've got a damn good blueline.

I'd take him alllllllllllll day long over most wingers. Especially on that sweetheart contract of his for the next 4 seasons.

His contract was the main reason I mentioned him at all, and also will probably be the reason he doesn’t get moved. It might be wise, though, given how good of a year he just had.

His contract is nice so I'm sure the Flames would demand that type of return for him, I'm just not as high on him as yall I suppose. Not a fan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So i assume the Sens are pushing hard for the playoffs next season ? First the move for Debrincat now trading for an older but decent goalie .

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
1. Sign Zadorov
2. Move salary
3. Top line RW
4. ?????
5. Still end up with 15 OV pick in 23 draft

Tommy G disclaimer - I take direct deposit and will see u monday

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1. Sign Zadorov
2. Move salary
3. Top line RW
4. ?????
5. Still end up with 15 OV pick in 23 draft

Tommy G disclaimer - I take direct deposit and will see u monday

My predictions:

If we don't pursue a dman via trade:

1. Sign Justin Schultz
2. Sign an 8th dman in Michael Stone
3. Sign a depth forward, a Frank Vatrano type who can score a few goals
4. Sign a Calle Jarnkrok type to replace Raffl
5. Nill will come out and say it just it was just too expensive to sign top 6 guys or trade for a top 4 RD

If we do pursue a dman via trade:

1. Sign 1 of Justin Schultz or Michael Stone
Repeat 3-4.

I could also see the Stars having a lot of interest in a Perron or Palat type winger if they want a true top 6 winger. Niederreiter too.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Couldn't the Leafs have traded for Talbot ? Seems like much less of a risk than Murray. Cheaper and less years as well.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Boring eve of free agency. Don't we normally get a bunch of rumors/likely destinations by now? I know the window to talk to UFAs was done away with but even then I feel like we usually know by now for some players at least

Reactions: starsfan86

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Boring eve of free agency. Don't we normally get a bunch of rumors/likely destinations by now? I know the window to talk to UFAs was done away with but even then I feel like we usually know by now for some players at least
I like it this way. Makes tomorrow more interesting. The last few years everyone was unofficially signed before ufa hit lol.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
LeBrun says it's possible Brent Burns is traded by the end of this week. Both Dallas & Carolina are interested and Burns is willing to accept a trade to either of them. He also specifically mentioned that Carolina is looking at Petry too, no mention of Dallas there interestingly enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad