2022 draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Geekie, Cooley, and McGrorarty are 3 guys I would be perfectly happy with I see being available around where I expect us to draft.

I also expect there to be some OHL kids that work there way into this conversation. Fimis and Haight are 2 guys I am keeping my eye on.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Wright will go to Arizona for sure.

Yzerman needs to acquire at least one more 1st. Preferably 2. We need to get some lift off on this rebuild beyond 2nd tier players.
I assume Bert is gone. Unfortunately Vrana's value just plummeted. Maybe Hronek?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That Persson kid on Frolunda sounds interesting. Could use a forward that is an elite skater.

I am sure our scouts are very familiar with him. I believe he was one of the youngest to make their SHL debut for Frolunda ever?

Reactions: Martinez

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Wright will go to Arizona for sure

Wright is going nowhere for sure. We don't know the exact numbers of the updated draft lottery odds, since the lottery picks are likely limited to the bottom ten teams this year. That said, it's unlikely that the odds for the league's worst team, whether that's Arizona, Buffalo, or someone else, exceeds something like 25%.

Folks said that Lafreniere was coming here for sure and he plays in New York. Nothing is certain with the draft lottery.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Wright is going nowhere for sure. We don't know the exact numbers of the updated draft lottery odds, since the lottery picks are likely limited to the bottom ten teams this year. That said, it's unlikely that the odds for the league's worst team, whether that's Arizona, Buffalo, or someone else, exceeds something like 25%.

Folks said that Lafreniere was coming here for sure and he plays in New York. Nothing is certain with the draft lottery.
Watch.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I like the number of centers available. We dont need to win the lottery to fill our biggest hole. It would be nice though

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Wright will go to Arizona for sure.

Yzerman needs to acquire at least one more 1st. Preferably 2. We need to get some lift off on this rebuild beyond 2nd tier players.
I assume Bert is gone. Unfortunately Vrana's value just plummeted. Maybe Hronek?

Those are the names I've been assuming will get us high picks also. The other wildcard is Fabbri. He's flying out there so far in camp and preseason and it's a bit interesting he hasn't been extended yet. If he stays healthy, I think he gets us a late 1st at the deadline easily.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I know we need a top 6 center desperately, but I wouldn't cry if we ended up with one of Kemmell, Slafkovsky, Miroschnichenko or even Jiricek. But of the (realistic) center group, I like Geekie, Cooley, Gaucher and Savoie. I'm cooling on Lambert, but his WJC will be a huge statement for him. I'm also not sold on Mcgroarty, as he doesn't produce internationally or in the USHL. That's a bit of a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00