Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #36 - Artem Duda, LHD

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Wouldn't be the first.

But if someone is THAT sensitive to even the slightest criticism on social media then they shouldn't be representing themselves as some sort of "news guy".

Dealt with someone like that before.... great writer.... aspired to be a top sportswriter in the Phoenix area ---- but the Coyotes wouldn't give him a press credential (because a background check showed he had personal problems) and he went on a bender spreading all sorts of useless rumors. Got so bad the main hockey media was calling the Coyotes about it.

So they finally got fed up and used the official Coyotes Twitter account to call him out by saying he got his info from the "Easter Bunny".

Last I heard he was doing 3-5 years in a Connecticut prison for car theft.

IMO, that was one of the best/funniest things to happen in the Coyotes world.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So far Duda hasn't terminated his KHL contract. NCAA might still allow him to play there though, as they have their own eligibility rules that apparently no one really understands. However if his KHL contract will be put on pause due to him not reporting to CSKA it might cause issues when/if he decides to sign with the Coyotes, as currently it is not allowed by the NHL rules to sign with an active KHL contract.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 13.27.52.png

Have some friends who are loosely working with UMaine so I figured I'd bother one of them for any updates they had on Duda. He said he'd let me know if he hears anything else.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
View attachment 719464

Have some friends who are loosely working with UMaine so I figured I'd bother one of them for any updates they had on Duda. He said he'd let me know if he hears anything else.
Maybe they define the junior contract as the one that allows him to play in the juniors, but technically his contract is with the CSKA KHL organization and obviously he is getting paid there. I don't think it really matters though, as previously guys like Ruslan Iskhakov and some others successfully played in the NCAA after terminating the same KHL contract as Duda has. However, as I already mentioned, Duda's case in unique in the way that comparing to those previous guys he didn't terminate the KHL contract before coming to NCAA (at least yet).

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
So far Duda hasn't terminated his KHL contract. NCAA might still allow him to play there though, as they have their own eligibility rules that apparently no one really understands. However if his KHL contract will be put on pause due to him not reporting to CSKA it might cause issues when/if he decides to sign with the Coyotes, as currently it is not allowed by the NHL rules to sign with an active KHL contract.

It will depend on how the NCAA views and interprets his play in the KHL. And if he can meet the academic entry requirements.

IOW… a crapshoot.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Once again a player getting $100 a week in Canada can't play NCAA but a player earning hundreds of thousands in Russia can. Some strange thought process there.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Link to Duda earning hundreds of thousands of dollars?
Don't have one. Let's say I backtrack to just thousands of dollars, would that be better? Or do you think he played for absolutely zero dollars whether it's meals or accommodations?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He earned so little that Maine was able to bring him over to the NCAA.
I think that's my point, earning anything in NA makes him ineligible. As simple as paying his way to an NHL camp. Do you really believe his KHL Club paid zero for him to play? So why the discrepancy?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think that's my point, earning anything in NA makes him ineligible. As simple as paying his way to an NHL camp. Do you really believe his KHL Club paid zero for him to play? So why the discrepancy?
I believe Maine did their due diligence. And I’m sorry if that’s hurtful to your feelings about the Canadian hockey league. Some things aren’t about Canada.

Reactions: KG

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I believe Maine did their due diligence. And I’m sorry if that’s hurtful to your feelings about the Canadian hockey league. Some things aren’t about Canada.
It's not about Canada, I believe Josh Doan couldn't attend Coyote's development camp a couple years ago and Cooley won't be at Camp until college career is over. It makes no sense.

Reactions: Jakey53

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
The NCAA is archaic. A lot of people who are out of touch with todays going-ons trying to milk a hearty pay check.

A bit off topic but college football is getting so large/drawing so much money in that it wouldn't surprise me if they broke off from the NCAA and created their own governing body. If that happened, the NCAA would be in trouble as a whole.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The NCAA is archaic. A lot of people who are out of touch with todays going-ons trying to milk a hearty pay check.

A bit off topic but college football is getting so large/drawing so much money in that it wouldn't surprise me if they broke off from the NCAA and created their own governing body. If that happened, the NCAA would be in trouble as a whole.
NIL will change college hockey as it did football and basketball where a dozen or more players have $1m deals.

Cooley has a NIL deal with Chipotle, no joke, which pays him a free meal a day :) College hockey has some room to grow!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This, right here, is why he didn’t leave college. This dude loves chipotle.

But I bet you Meruelo could set him up with some legit Mexican cuisine pretty easily... all he'd have to do is come out of hiding!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Cut it out you two, you're making me hungry for this little bistro in my hometown in Florida called El Leoncito, which is sort of a Cuban-Mexican fusion restaurant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad