Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #36 - Artem Duda, LHD

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think he's a Pens fan. Probably still ultra active over there.
Also claims to be a Sabres fan. Did believe he knew more about the coyotes than anyone earth. I guess he forgot.

Wouldn't be the first.

But if someone is THAT sensitive to even the slightest criticism on social media then they shouldn't be representing themselves as some sort of "news guy".

Dealt with someone like that before.... great writer.... aspired to be a top sportswriter in the Phoenix area ---- but the Coyotes wouldn't give him a press credential (because a background check showed he had personal problems) and he went on a bender spreading all sorts of useless rumors. Got so bad the main hockey media was calling the Coyotes about it.

So they finally got fed up and used the official Coyotes Twitter account to call him out by saying he got his info from the "Easter Bunny".

Last I heard he was doing 3-5 years in a Connecticut prison for car theft.
This is all so familiar but I can’t think of the name. I think he threatened me once. Haha.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not very often you see a kid give up paid play to go be an amateur. Wonder what the story is there.
Good point. I'm sure he could hold his own in the A.

Is it possible that the University helped him buy out the KHL contract? Something a North American pro team couldn't do?

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
let's face it...nothing like a college experience...hockey, girls, hockey, girls, more girls, even more girls and hockey
There are plenty of "devochek" in Russia.It must be something else.....Maybe he doesn't want any part of that "Special operation" in Ukraine? (just speculating)

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Fun fact: "duda" in Spanish means "doubt."
Another fun fact - esp. after the recent discussion about LDS ranch land holdings in Central Florida - Duda is also a Slovak surname, and the name of a family that has/had a *different* large set of ranch land holdings in Central Florida. Duda Ranch - nothing to do with any "dude ranch", just a coincidence :laugh:

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Another fun fact - esp. after the recent discussion about LDS ranch land holdings in Central Florida - Duda is also a Slovak surname, and the name of a family that has/had a *different* large set of ranch land holdings in Central Florida. Duda Ranch - nothing to do with any "dude ranch", just a coincidence :laugh:

It is a Slavic name derived from their version of bagpipes.Threre was a Czech hockey player Radek Duda known for his impulse control problems and frequent suspensions

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Unless the NCAA views the KHL as just another NIL contract it's going to be interesting how they allow this.
Isn’t Tom Willander also planning on playing in the NCAA next season after playing professional overseas?

Edit - Yup, it was Willander. He’s planning on attending Boston University next season.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
What surprises me is how he got out of his KHL contract. What's stopping Michkov from doing the same?
What I believe after browsing the Michkov thread, is that any KHL player can buy out their own contract to move to the NHL. The NHL club can't do the buyout for the player.

So Duda just bought out his remaining 1 year. Michkov would have to buy 3 years.

These are the basic rules, as I understand them. I'm sure with politics and money, there are many exceptions.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
What surprises me is how he got out of his KHL contract. What's stopping Michkov from doing the same?
That probably depends how Duda got out of his contract. I know absolutely nothing about Russian contract law, but I imagine you can't just pack your shit and move to another country.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't understand how a kid who plays Major Jr can't go to NCAA but a European Player who actually got paid to play hockey can??

Reactions: Jakey53 and Kaizen

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
1686698312134.png

Still looking quite good after last season!

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Experience tells me if Craig Morgan immediately denies something chances are it'll come true soon enough. Also, that tweet is entirely accurate. A report out of Russia this morning had Duda potentially terminating his KHL contract with CSKA
Good call - you basically nailed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad