Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #36 - Artem Duda, LHD

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Maybe he needs another season in the MHL to work on his defense. Whatever the case may be, the organization has never had a prospect with these tools.

Sports.ru article translated by Google
Before the start of the 2022/23 season, the head coach of the "Red Army" Rinat Khasanov was asked what was the secret of Artem's game without penalties. The coach's answer was as follows:

- In my opinion, not in every team such a player would manifest himself. Non-standardity, creativity in attack, certain solutions, some feints allow him to be Duda. All this is his "name", it distinguishes Artyom. As for the penalty minutes, we are also surprised and sometimes make fun of it. But when he gets to the adult team, he will have to be tough. Now he compensates for the absence of toughness by skating and choosing a position. But you need to add toughness, because his goal is to play in the KHL.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Whatever happened to that jmelm guy/girl who came in and acted like a Coyotes fan for a few months? Haha

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Experience tells me if Craig Morgan immediately denies something chances are it'll come true soon enough. Also, that tweet is entirely accurate. A report out of Russia this morning had Duda potentially terminating his KHL contract with CSKA

Reactions: Kaizen

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Experience tells me if Craig Morgan immediately denies something chances are it'll come true soon enough. Also, that tweet is entirely accurate. A report out of Russia this morning had Duda potentially terminating his KHL contract with CSKA
He's not denying it.

There's nothing official yet and the original poster crafted his tweet to make it look as if was inevitable to make a splash (and he has since altered it's visibility which is an indication he's already performing a backstroke).

It's just like you admitting here that it's a "report" he's "potentially terminating" his contract.

Bottom line is.... it's all still speculation.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I don't think he altered it's visibility, I think he just blocked Morgan as he is wont to do, @Caser is well aware.

Caser had posted about Duda in the prospects thread well before Morgan and HockeyNews guy started sniping at each other

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don't think he altered it's visibility, I think he just blocked Morgan as he is wont to do, as @Caser is aware.

Caser had posted about Duda in the prospects thread well before Morgan and HockeyNews guy started sniping at each other

Yeah, I heard this guy has a solid block list lol.

As with Duda, the originating source is a rather reliable one, so I'd say it would make sense to check his KHL profile from time to time to see if the contract info doesn't disappear (currently it says "Contract to: 30.04.2024"):

Reactions: barriers

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I don't think he altered it's visibility, I think he just blocked Morgan as he is wont to do, as @Caser is aware.

Possible.... Twitter does funny crap, but I saw all that before the change in my timeline.

He also told Craig to look at his second tweet (where he speculated that Duda was under contract through 2024) and I replied to him that most people don't read the second tweet and take the first on it's surface.

This is why Craig QT'd the OP tweet with his response. Twitter does really stupid things these days in how it pushes things onto timelines.

There's a LOT of crap being floated out there right now, in particular with the Coyotes so you can't just put something that's speculative in a tweet and then try to temper it in the follow up.

Reactions: barriers

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Possible.... Twitter does funny crap, but I saw all that before the change in my timeline.

He also told Craig to look at his second tweet (where he speculated that Duda was under contract through 2024) and I replied to him that most people don't read the second tweet and take the first on it's surface.

This is why Craig QT'd the OP tweet with his response. Twitter does really stupid things these days in how it pushes things onto timelines.

There's a LOT of crap being floated out there right now, in particular with the Coyotes so you can't just put something that's speculative in a tweet and then try to temper it in the follow up.
You are so blocked

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You are so blocked

Wouldn't be the first.

But if someone is THAT sensitive to even the slightest criticism on social media then they shouldn't be representing themselves as some sort of "news guy".

Dealt with someone like that before.... great writer.... aspired to be a top sportswriter in the Phoenix area ---- but the Coyotes wouldn't give him a press credential (because a background check showed he had personal problems) and he went on a bender spreading all sorts of useless rumors. Got so bad the main hockey media was calling the Coyotes about it.

So they finally got fed up and used the official Coyotes Twitter account to call him out by saying he got his info from the "Easter Bunny".

Last I heard he was doing 3-5 years in a Connecticut prison for car theft.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Wouldn't be the first.

But if someone is THAT sensitive to even the slightest criticism on social media then they shouldn't be representing themselves as some sort of "news guy".

Dealt with someone like that before.... great writer.... aspired to be a top sportswriter in the Phoenix area ---- but the Coyotes wouldn't give him a press credential (because a background check showed he had personal problems) and he went on a bender spreading all sorts of useless rumors. Got so bad the main hockey media was calling the Coyotes about it.

So they finally got fed up and used the official Coyotes Twitter account to call him out by saying he got his info from the "Easter Bunny".

Last I heard he was doing 3-5 years in a Connecticut prison for car theft.

Hadn't heard he was in the Graybar Hotel. I do remember the rest of it, though.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad