Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #11 - Conor Geekie, C

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Geekie been ok at world juniors so far. Having a bad game against Sweden so far. Put him against equal talent.. he disappears Hopefully with confidence this will change
Big, can skate and has good hockey IQ for a kid his age. Puck skills are a bit raw and he needs to grow into his body. Reminds me of a less physical more offensively dynamic Crouse.

But unlike Crouse as an 18 year old he has a strong development staff that he’ll benefit from.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Every time I've seen Geekie play he looks like a 2/3C to me. 3 on a good team and a 2 on a bad team or when theres injuries. Having a good 6'4 3C that can play up and down the lineup isn't a bad thing at all. I do think he's still 2 years away from the show and he will likely spend a 2-4 seasons looking underwhelming. Guessing he will likely be around 25 before he starts coming into his own, which isn't uncommon for big players. People will likely just have to be patient, which isn't a skill for many fan bases looking at higher draft picks.
I will say that i like his straight line speed, but when it comes to his turning and edge work... his skating is so ugly. I do like that he's willing to play physical though, he even looked better as the game got more physical and people were focusing on the body more. He will need that to be successful at the next level.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My favorite Muppets.

Scored a couple of real nice goals, had a helper too I think. But he's looked real good so far. Any concerns we've had with his skating I think we can put to bed, it's becoming a strength of his.
Thank you.
And you just volunteered as a mediator.
Now only for the time and date.
And he's buying as well. ;)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Geekie been ok at world juniors so far. Having a bad game against Sweden so far. Put him against equal talent.. he disappears Hopefully with confidence this will change
Interesting take. I thought geekie was one of the better players for team Canada. Puck hound. Physical. Created chances.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Personally I’m pretty pumped by what I’m seeing in Geekies development. Part of that is because Crouse is coming into his own, and Geekie and him share similar size. When looking at their development curve, they are working on different aspects of their game at the same age. Geekie has way more hockey IQ and just sees game at such a high level. Crouse can get that tunnel vision but it plays into his hitting and for checking. Crouse always had that motor. Geekie might never find that. If he ever does, you’re looking at a Getzlaf/Staal type impact in the middle. He’s learning to play D right now, and he doesn’t look like he’s skating on his heels as much so that’s great to see. Hoping I get to see one of those games where he really elevates his play, like that 4 goal game OT winner.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
Am I just a homer or am I missing something? I don’t believe that should have been a game misconduct.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad