Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #11 - Conor Geekie, C

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't have a feel for how good that is...in the NHL that'd be McDavid numbers but no idea about juniors.
On pace for:

63gp43g63a106pts

Last season that would’ve been good for 2nd among all u20 WHLers (behind only Bedard). The year before that it would’ve been good for 1st.

At this early stage of this season, he’s 5th in Pts/game among u20 WHLers.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Surprised there was no mention in here after Geekie lit it up the other day. He just has another gear. I was so excited for this pick when we drafted him and I'm even moreso now. We might have a 1C in him. Just gotta let him cook.
It would be great if Geekie exceeded expectations...we sure need it if we're going to be cup contenders since we're so thin down the middle.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Surprised there was no mention in here after Geekie lit it up the other day. He just has another gear. I was so excited for this pick when we drafted him and I'm even moreso now. We might have a 1C in him. Just gotta let him cook.
What do you mean by "lit it up the other day?''

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't watch junior or tournaments.
Yet you post on a prospect site and a prospect thread like you have anything resembling a relevant opinion.

I can save everyone time. Any time someone posts something positive just assume jakey responded with a “no it isn’t” or some other negative post with absolute zero opinion of his own.

rt

May 13, 2004
BBAD31D9-BAE1-4C60-9BC6-5F8ADCE7C764.jpeg

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yet you post on a prospect site and a prospect thread like you have anything resembling a relevant opinion.

I can save everyone time. Any time someone posts something positive just assume jakey responded with a “no it isn’t” or some other negative post with absolute zero opinion of his own.
You two should seriously consider getting together over a steak and a beer to get a fuller read of each other. You might just find some commonality. In fact, I'd enjoy meeting both of you.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You two should seriously consider getting together over a steak and a beer to get a fuller read of each other. You might just find some commonality. In fact, I'd enjoy meeting both of you.
I actually like Jakey. I just call him out every now and then for having very strong opinions (if u can call just taking a negative stance an opinion) yet never watches a game.

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I post about a player or game if I watch said player or game. I don't see how asking what Geekie did at the tournament is anything negative. I can't find where to watch highlights of these games.

What the hell did I say to piss off hbk? I just asked about Geekie for christ sake.

I actually like Jakey. I just call him out every now and then for having very strong opinions (if u can call just taking a negative stance an opinion) yet never watches a game.
What did I say? I just wanted to know what was meant by Geekie lighting it up.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'll meet with anyone, anytime and most any place metro Phoenix. I'm sure in hell not going to Winterpeg or Saskabush country for a steak. It will take a hell of a lot more that that.:laugh:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't think Geekie did actually "light it up".
He got a ton of playing time and generally looked strong and dangerous.

I hope he really lights it up against Sweden today.

PM me if you want a link to the stream.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
My favorite Muppets.

I post about a player or game if I watch said player or game. I don't see how asking what Geekie did at the tournament is anything negative. I can't find where to watch highlights of these games.

What the hell did I say to piss off hbk? I just asked about Geekie for christ sake.

Scored a couple of real nice goals, had a helper too I think. But he's looked real good so far. Any concerns we've had with his skating I think we can put to bed, it's becoming a strength of his.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd just like to know his thoughts on the butt end of his stick...that's some other worldly tape job.

I can't even imagine being able to use the stick with 80 wraps on the top followed by 60 wraps just below it...and then he actually puts his hand over that...don't know how you'd be able to shoot or stick handle, but to him it works.

I just wonder how did that ever happen? I can't even imagine saying, yeah, let me try 80 wraps and 60 wraps and test that out. It would never be an option.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

The opinion is there alright, it just has absolutely zero basis of knowledge.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd just like to know his thoughts on the butt end of his stick...that's some other worldly tape job.

I can't even imagine being able to use the stick with 80 wraps on the top followed by 60 wraps just below it...and then he actually puts his hand over that...don't know how you'd be able to shoot or stick handle, but to him it works.

I just wonder how did that ever happen? I can't even imagine saying, yeah, let me try 80 wraps and 60 wraps and test that out. It would never be an option.
I just wonder how he’d get the penalty box door open if he was playing a lower level.

• Haha
Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Geekie been ok at world juniors so far. Having a bad game against Sweden so far. Put him against equal talent.. he disappears Hopefully with confidence this will change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad