Prospect Info: 2022 CBJ Development Camp | July 11-13 | Chiller North

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
It has tickled me to no end seeing the cbj prospects on the very recognizable Chiller north ice. But seeing kj…. interviewed in the giant wasted unused mezzanine that has looked the same for ever, wearing clothes that look like every other goof ball local kid that shuffled through there this summer, is very very heart lifting.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I think it’s actually Northeastern
I stand corrected - you are right. This article also says he is 196lbs and not 170lbs like it said at the draft.

Pulling for this kid. Again he looked good and does have skill.

Last edited:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
3v3 tourney is about to start, but I haven't seen the team post anything about a livestream. Obviously it's not set up like the Ice Haus but if they're really not streaming it at all, that's super disappointing.

Reactions: tunnelvision

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
3v3 tourney is about to start, but I haven't seen the team post anything about a livestream. Obviously it's not set up like the Ice Haus but if they're really not streaming it at all, that's super disappointing.
Bob McElligott said there won't be a stream since it's at Chiller North

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Bob McElligott said there won't be a stream since it's at Chiller North
Yeah I totally get that it's harder to do that at Chiller North but it's wild that a team with four first rounders from the last two years in d-camp can't figure out a way to stream it in 2022.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

I see at least a couple of guys in the audience with proper cameras and camera stands, maybe there's slight hope that one of them films the entire session and then later uploads it on YT...

pled

Sep 7, 2009
anyone know if fisher going to youngstown next year ? he's only going to college the year after.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
KJ and Jiricek best players on ice they say.
That’s the way it looked to me.

KJ was just smooth - things looked easy for him. He score twice in 5 on 5 and had a SOG while passing the puck as expected.

Jiricek wasn’t perfect but he’s so noticeable on the ice. He carried the puck frequently and was strong with it. He looks like he belongs out there and was more impactful than either Ceulemans or Mateychuk. The former had a couple of giveaways early and otherwise looked average - looked like just a guy to me. I was probably expecting more offensive display from Mateychuk.

Marchenko looked good in the drills and had some noticeable moments in the second period of 5 on 5. I thought he’d be more standout than he was. He did score a smooth SOG.

A couple of guys I watched with interest were Maletesta and Pyythia. Malatesta caught my attention last year at Traverse City and he again was active and showed a good stick. He seems like a feisty guy. Pyythia had some good moments with the stick.

O Sillinger deserves mention as he seemed generally in good position, playing a responsible game. He was active on the offensive side,

Hopefully others will provide a more in-depth overview of what was a fun morning.

Last edited:

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Some observations from camp today:

I thought for sure team blue was gonna get blasted by team white but after going down 2-0 they found their way.

Some may not like this but the more I watch Kent Johnson the more he reminds me of a young Derick Brassard. I hope he tops out a couple levels above him though in his prime. That said, he was again the most noticeable for me, especially in the 5v5 where he literally controlled the game on a few shifts. Just excellent pace to his game with high creativity/IQ.

Marchenko was relatively quiet in the scrimmages which surprised me. Had the nice fire poker penalty shot finish.

Mateychuk looked MUCH better in game action. Definitely had some flashy moments. His magic is really dancing just along the blueline with the puck and creating space. Incredible edge work.

Jiricek you can definitely see the package that made him the #6 pick. Certainly not afraid to push the play and has some nice stick skills. Plays with a lot of confidence. Be interesting to see how he does in Traverse City / camp but my first impression is he can definitely use another year of development but I think he'll be a Blue Jacket worst case in 23-24.

First time getting eyes on Dumais. He is short but has some sneaky good offensive instincts -- made a real nice pass on a 2v1 for a goal. Like to see more energy in his game away from the puck as he was coasting quite a bit out there compared to, say a Kent Johnson, who was all go all the time.

That Fisher kid is raw but man he had a couple of nice moments where you can see the potential and why they took a late swing on him in the 7th.

Ceulemans did a nice job at both ends of the ice. Has an NHL future for sure.

The other Sillinger has some game. Silky mitts on his goal and just made good smart hockey plays.

Don't know much about the defensemen Cole Clayton kid who played for the Monsters last year but he seemed to be all over the place for team blue rushing and passing.

I know I'm leaving many out but honestly that was some really solid fast paced hockey. There didn't seem to be any kids out of place out there. Also liked the format and thought it was a pretty good turnout for 9:30 on a Wed morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad