Prospect Info: 2022 CBJ Development Camp | July 11-13 | Chiller North

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
ive not been to Chiller North. Is there seating for spectators?
I haven't played/worked there in 10+ years but... Yes. Definitely less than ice haus.

Why is Blankenburg there?
Is KJ going? Itd be no different for him either.

Extra ice time under CBJ supervision, chance to get all the kids together / team bonding, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Wait....

When the f*** did I miss Niklas Backstrom being added to the development team?!?!?!

Edit: okay not THAT Nicklas Backstrom

Still that Nilas Backstrom... the goalie :)

he did have 10 seasons (some very short) in the NHL

Reactions: CBJx614

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I know nothing about this Chiller North building except some pictures, I wonder what kind of a camera angle they're going to have for the stream. My expectations are not very high, hopefully it's not too low and too close to the rink. :laugh:

Just found this broadcast from March, it's better than I expected.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
non of the invites seem to be nhl caliber.

D is kinda stacked.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
IIRC, dev camp invites rarely are.
Dunne and Greaves were there last time as fa but they weren't that exciting too back then I guess. Vierling maybe.

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I had to listen to 1460 last week and caught a bit about camp.
Use to be 7 days, now only 3.
It use to be intense, now it's more about teaching life skills (how to cook, how to pay your bills).
But they were excited about the 3-3 torny just because of all the skill/speed at the camp.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I did make it over there and watched both groups. Here are some quick observations again I am not a scout and 1st day of dev camp.

Skating drills for edge work showed some guys it was no issue and their were others you could see they needed work, but it is 1st day of dev camp.

Marchenko - looked fast, bigger and a cut above and even went on his own after they finished and worked on skating drill for edges after this morning’s practice. He looked fast, confident and abused quite a few in 1 on 1 drills.

Jirecek - looks big and on PP work rattle a few off the goalie quite a few times. He did take big sweeping crossovers but looked good defending and pushing guys to the outside. Stick-checked quite a few as well.

Johnson - He looked fast as well and whichever guy defended they defended him like it was their Stanley Cup, but he did make a few look foolish. Edgework drills looked easy for him this morning like a walk in the park.

Matyechuk - was thicker than I imagined. Skating drills were a breeze for him as well. He just always looked calm almost serene - crazy. Also he skated and attacked like a forward and often thought he was a forward. He did defend well and didn’t see much get by him.

Dumais - skating drills looked as though he could use some work just looked like it was harder for him (edgework). No denying 1 on 1 he was going to get a shot off and was usually on net and scored. He was good on the stick check.

Luca - looked skilled and had a hard time on edges work drills. Kept up and challenged so the pacing thing i saw about him could be an off game. Again this is practice but they did go hard. 1 on 1 drills when defending left a big gap between him and the attacker (noticeable).

Cuelemens - looks big as well and skated really well. Lead every skating drill with gusto for group 2. Defended well in 1 on 1’s and looked smooth passing - very efficient and crisp.

I went there to see who stuck out without grabbing a directory. Some guys had some moments - Cameron Supryka was fast, skated well and hustled

Last edited:

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I did make it over there and watched both groups. Here are some quick observations again I am not a scout and 1st day of dev camp.

Skating drills for edge work showed some guys it was no issue and their were others you could see they needed work, but it is 1st day of dev camp.

Marchenko - looked fast, bigger and a cut above and even went on his own after they finished and worked on skating drill for edges after this morning’s practice. He looked fast, confident and abused quite a few in 1 on 1 drills.

Jirecek - looks big and on PP work rattle a few off the goalie quite a few times. He did take big sweeping crossovers but looked good defending and pushing guys to the outside. Stick-checked quite a few as well.

Johnson - He looked fast as well and whichever guy defended they defended him like it was their Stanley Cup, but he did make a few look foolish. Edgework drills looked easy for him this morning like a walk in the park.

Matyechuk - was thicker than I imagined. Skating drills were a breeze for him as well. He just always looked calm almost serene - crazy. Also he skated and attacked like a forward and often thought he was a forward. He did defend well and didn’t see much get by him.

Dumais - skating drills looked as though he could use some work just looked like it was harder for him (edgework). No denying 1 on 1 he was going to get a shot off and was usually on net and scored. He was good on the stick check.

Luca - looked skilled and had a hard time on edges work drills. Kept up and challenged so the pacing thing i saw about him could be an off game. Again this is practice but they did go hard. 1 on 1 drills when defending left a big gap between him and the attacker (noticeable).

Cuelemens - looks big as well and skated really well. Lead every skating drill with gusto for group 2. Defended well in 1 on 1’s and looked smooth passing - very efficient and crisp.

I went there to see who stuck out without grabbing a directory. Some guys had some moments - Cameron Supryka was fast, skated well and hustled
Great stuff. Much appreciated, thank you for sharing what you saw.

Reactions: Youngguns80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad