NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (3) Cincinnati Bengals

KC vs CIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Someone has got to tell Mahomes the God doesn't give a crap about his bad ankle. Such drivel.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I still would have taken that holding penalty before the two minute warning if I were the Bengals. Blitz on 3rd & long and force Mahomes to make a play. Field position is everything and be aggressive.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Here we have the most "exciting" game so far in the playoffs and it got that ending. If the Superbowl is decided by more than 1 score this will be the worst playoffs in history.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sure it's a penalty, but it was a shove less than a yard out of bounds. In the heat of the moment you can't blame the defender for being aggressive there.

I still can’t believe these morons who generally have no college education get payed to be as wrong as they are. You have guys like Boger who can’t even speak correct English. The MLB guys are even worse though, at least some nfl officials have degrees and decent jobs out of season like Ed Hochuli did

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Sure it's a penalty, but it was a shove less than a yard out of bounds. In the heat of the moment you can't blame the defender for being aggressive there.

Looked like more than a yard out of bounds to me.

Either way these are professional athletes, coached every day to not take easily preventable late hit penalties like that.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Burrow and the Bengals have to eat this.

Talked immense amounts of shit all week despite having won nothing yet, and then he turns in a 0 TD 2 pick performance...

That's some choke job shit
I mean you weren't exactly glowing about your Chiefs until a Bengals defender basically handed the game to the Chiefs on a silver platter. And I'm sure this has been pointed out but he threw for a TD.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's not that black & white. Guy made a snap decision...he wasn't hitting Mahomes to give him an extra shot or rough him up, he was just finishing the play. At least that's how I saw it.

For sure but there's got to be more awareness here. He also had to know Mahomes already had the first down and was pretty much cornered by that point. Let up.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Looked like more than a yard out of bounds to me.

Either way these are professional athletes, coached every day to not take easily preventable late hit penalties like that.

Honestly they have given the QBs way too much protection now, you could see it when Burrow juked on his 15 yard run or whatever it was that defenders are afraid to hit QBs now and they are getting extra yardage because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad