NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (3) Cincinnati Bengals

KC vs CIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
What a bullshit end to an otherwise good game

Bengals got screwed. Just like in the SB.

Yup. It's all pointless coulda, woulda, shoulda, but you won't convince me bullshit officiating isn't the main reason Joe Burrow isn't going for ring #2 in two weeks. Ridiculous what he's had to overcome between his atrocious offensive line and crap officiating at the worst possible moments.

Reactions: Voight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Mahomes is healthy they have a good chance.
Eagles had a really easy regular season schedule, barely beat the Cowboys, and then beat a team with a 4th string QB. They are good but definitely beatable.
I don't think the Chiefs would have beaten the Bengals tonight if the officiating was competent. Mahomes' ankle also probably won't be 100% even by the Super Bowl since ankles are notorious for healing slowly.

I think Philly D is better than Cinncy D and will get to Mahomes a lot more. I don't think the game will be particularly close. Not that I expect a full-on blowout but I can see something like 30-14.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
you’d think the bengals were a dynasty with all the shit they were talking

i dont care if we won by 1/10th a point after all the bullshit from them they deserve to be shamed
I would be shamed if I were KC.

Wasted their succesful drives in the 1st, and only got field goals, then played like absolute shit the entire 2nd half and only won with MASSIVE assist from the refs.

Can't believe they felt they could trash talk after that performance.

Last year the refs handed the super bowl to the Rams in the final minutes. Guess this time the Bengals talked too much shit about the poor handling of the cancelled game and its ramifications to the playoffs that they needed to be shown their place.

I hope the Eagles destroy Mahomes and the Chiefs.

I don't think the Chiefs would have beaten the Bengals tonight if the officiating was competent. Mahomes' ankle also probably won't be 100% even by the Super Bowl since ankles are notorious for healing slowly.

I think Philly D is better than Cinncy D and will get to Mahomes a lot more. I don't think the game will be particularly close. Not that I expect a full-on blowout but I can see something like 30-14.

They absolutely have chance against the Bengals. Its a fantastic team when healthy.

But they weren't healthy, and they didn't play well. The calls they got were insane.

Reminded me of the Seahawks Steelers super bowl way back...

edit. And just to be clear, I am not talking about Ossai's roughing the passer call that ended the game. But the Chiefs should never have been in that position to begin with with how bad they played.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
And then we end up with a bunch of quarterbacks on IR and the product completely sinks. Yeah, the NFL isn't going to allow this to happen.
The product stinks when the defense isn't allowed to do anything. Well except get held constantly by the Oline I guess.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
They should look at changing the offensive line coach, I said that during the year. They can, and should, draft there early, but you can't turn over an entire offensive line two years in a row when you put so much free agency money into it. Otherwise, they're deep at a lot of positions, they've drafted well on defense. But they're going to need to be able to produce new bodies once they have to give Burrow a contract. Another reason to keep drafting offensive line, because you're gonna have to cut those guys too.
You can't blame the Oline when it was missing a bunch of starters. Blame the OC and Burrows for not changing to a short passing game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
maybe the bengals and their fans shouldnt have flapped their no ring ass mouths all f***ing week talking about “burrowhead” and smoking cigars like they’ve accomplished anything other than jack shit
That was all stupid and unnecessary too but on their own time and not during an official league ceremony and a network broadcast of same.

Again, I’ll say for the third or fourth time but people don’t seem to want to read or comprehend, I was taking issue with how Nantz, a supposed professional broadcaster, handled the situation, not Kelce, who’s just a meathead.

Still, can you imagine Nathan MacKinnon going off on the mayor of Tampa, calling him a jabroni, on the ice following the Cup presentation? Or a broadcaster letting it happen or even encouraging it?

Sure Chiefs fans, get your pound of flesh for a bunch of dumbass talk from Bengals and their fans, I guess, if that’s what moves the needle for you. But Nantz-Kelce was just dumb and weak.

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
That was really suspicious refereeing last night. It wasn't just the quantity of penalties but the timing. Every big Cincinnati play was called back. Really seemed like it was fixed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can't blame the Oline when it was missing a bunch of starters. Blame the OC and Burrows for not changing to a short passing game.
The offensive line was a problem for most of the season, they kind of got their act together later on as they put that win streak together. They played with what got them here and just got beat.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
That was really suspicious refereeing last night. It wasn't just the quantity of penalties but the timing. Every big Cincinnati play was called back. Really seemed like it was fixed.
Like when the refs took a TD off the board for the Chiefs early on in the game? Anyone saying this game (or any game) is rigged needs to get a grip. If you want to make an argument that NFL refs are bad at their difficult job, managing an arcane rulebook, then sure. That they let that bizarre 3rd down situation play out that way was pure incompetence and the Bengals had a legitimate gripe. Ultimately that didn't matter since the Chiefs punted anyway. The Chiefs got flagged plenty on big plays - the TD run, taking a Burrow INT away, a taunting call - that surely would have helped the Chiefs win if that was the officials' goal. For the record I'm not even saying the Chiefs didn't deserve to be flagged on those plays, just that if your thesis is "the NFL is rigged" then they were doing a bad job at that too.

The reality is the Bengals had two chances to go down and take the lead late in the 4th and they threw a pick then took a sack on 3rd down. Mahomes was hobbling around and throwing to his 4th and 5th receivers and went through a lull offensively, but I still thought they outplayed the Bengals for most of the game. Both defenses were great.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
End of the day the bengals can control what they can control. Coming out of the 2 minute warning on second down they threw a pass to the TE for like 6/7 yard to make it 3rd and 2. But the TE went out of bounds and given how deep they were with KC without anymore TO Nantes and Romo were commenting ohhh you don’t want to go out of bounds there. Especially out of the 2 minute stoppage. Bengals convert the 3rd down before picking up the pace. But if the TE stays in bounds.m and anywhere from 15-20 seconds comes off how does that change what the Chiefs do on their final series as that run play by Mahomes started with like 15/16 seconds on the clock? At that point in the field they’d likely go hail mary from midfield if there are just a couple of seconds to go as their only option.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
kc1.jpg

kc2.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
End of the day the bengals can control what they can control. Coming out of the 2 minute warning on second down they threw a pass to the TE for like 6/7 yard to make it 3rd and 2. But the TE went out of bounds and given how deep they were with KC without anymore TO Nantes and Romo were commenting ohhh you don’t want to go out of bounds there. Especially out of the 2 minute stoppage. Bengals convert the 3rd down before picking up the pace. But if the TE stays in bounds.m and anywhere from 15-20 seconds comes off how does that change what the Chiefs do on their final series as that run play by Mahomes started with like 15/16 seconds on the clock? At that point in the field they’d likely go hail mary from midfield if there are just a couple of seconds to go as their only option.
You’re not playing at that point thinking you’re giving the ball back. You’re playing to score and win the game for yourself.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You’re not playing at that point thinking you’re giving the ball back. You’re playing to score and win the game for yourself.
You are managing the situation and knowing your opponent. Second down coming out of the 2 minute warning. Inside your own 15 I believe. KC has no TO lefts. Worst case if you don’t secure a first down you want to punt it from inside your own 20 with 30-35 seconds left. KC has shown they can get into FG range in that amount of time.

You pick up the pace once you secure your first down. If the TE stays in bounds I don’t think Cincy snaps the ball on 3rd down until 1:30 or less on the clock.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The offensive line was a problem for most of the season, they kind of got their act together later on as they put that win streak together. They played with what got them here and just got beat.
Burrows still has a problem holding on to the ball too long at times. He takes too many sacks because he won't check the ball down if they play is not there.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That was all stupid and unnecessary too but on their own time and not during an official league ceremony and a network broadcast of same.

Again, I’ll say for the third or fourth time but people don’t seem to want to read or comprehend, I was taking issue with how Nantz, a supposed professional broadcaster, handled the situation, not Kelce, who’s just a meathead.

Still, can you imagine Nathan MacKinnon going off on the mayor of Tampa, calling him a jabroni, on the ice following the Cup presentation? Or a broadcaster letting it happen or even encouraging it?

Sure Chiefs fans, get your pound of flesh for a bunch of dumbass talk from Bengals and their fans, I guess, if that’s what moves the needle for you. But Nantz-Kelce was just dumb and weak.
You keep using that word......jabroni...and ....it....is.....awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad