Prospect Info: [2022 - 92nd] Adam Engstrom (SHL - Rogle BK)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
it's just a question of how good can he be, as I thought we would see more offense from him this year but I also haven't gotten to see too much of him. I think some don't expect much because of the Norlinder hype but they clearly are very different players as his defensive game is miles ahead and Norlinder's offensive game never translated on the smaller ice.

I thought he was more impressive then Reinbacher at last summers develop camp, the skating, mobility, two way play are impressive for sure. He kind of reminds me in a way of Beck in that every time I watch both play I just am so impressed with all the little things they do right consistently.

I'm fairly certain he dialed back his offensive efforts a bit this year to concentrate on rounding out his game. His teammates were calling him show-time.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's just a question of how good can he be, as I thought we would see more offense from him this year but I also haven't gotten to see too much of him. I think some don't expect much because of the Norlinder hype but they clearly are very different players as his defensive game is miles ahead and Norlinder's offensive game never translated on the smaller ice.

I thought he was more impressive then Reinbacher at last summers develop camp, the skating, mobility, two way play are impressive for sure. He kind of reminds me in a way of Beck in that every time I watch both play I just am so impressed with all the little things they do right consistently.
I cooled on him ever so slightly because like you said, I was expecting a bit more offensively. I thought top pairing was possible. Maybe not. Hard to say. He might not quite have the offense.

He’s not small but average size might hold him back a bit. Though he’s actually quite strong. Glad he’s looking good in the playoffs.

If injuries stifle Guhle and Xhekaj can’t quite hack it as a 2nd pairing guy, Engstrom is a great insurance policy. He’s got lots of depth to hurdle but I believe he plays the right side and plays it well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I cooled on him ever so slightly because like you said, I was expecting a bit more offensively. I thought top pairing was possible. Maybe not. Hard to say. He might not quite have the offense.

He’s not small but average size might hold him back a bit. Though he’s actually quite strong. Glad he’s looking good in the playoffs.

If injuries stifle Guhle and Xhekaj can’t quite hack it as a 2nd pairing guy, Engstrom is a great insurance policy. He’s got lots of depth to hurdle but I believe he plays the right side and plays it well.

I don't see any issue with his size, as I assume he will be in the NHL at over 200lbs as I believe he's listed around 193 now though he looks a bit on the skinny side still. I've seen him listed from 6'0.5 to 6'2.

It's hard for me to say what went on this season as first it was a huge shock that his team struggled so badly that they had to fired the GM after years of being among the top programs. I just didn't get to see much of him but every time I did he impressed me. Just does so many things well to really well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't see any issue with his size, as I assume he will be in the NHL at over 200lbs as I believe he's listed around 193 now though he looks a bit on the skinny side still. I've seen him listed from 6'0.5 to 6'2.

It's hard for me to say what went on this season as first it was a huge shock that his team struggled so badly that they had to fired the GM after years of being among the top programs. I just didn't get to see much of him but every time I did he impressed me. Just does so many things well to really well.
Do you know if Engstrom will be at camp in the main camp in the Fall? And if he doesn't make the team, will he be in Laval?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
LHD

Guhle
Engstrom
Hutson

?

What happens to all the other lhd?

edit - 168 lbs! oof Struble and Xjejaj are needed too.. Can they roll 10 D?

Just want to clear up the size issue again lol.

Hockey db are wrong as is common with this site, they are listing the height and weight for the wrong Adam Engstrom. They are either listing the Adam Engstrom who is now 27 and never played pro after completing his J20 Elit season in Sweden 8 years ago or they have very old measurements that require updating. The Adam Engstrom that we drafted measured at 6'2" 190 lbs at the time of his draft in 2022 and is very likely close to 200 lbs now if not more. It is also extremely obvious when you wath him play that he is considerably larger than his HockeyDB bio would indicate.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
LHD

Guhle
Engstrom
Hutson

?

What happens to all the other lhd?

edit - 168 lbs! oof Struble and Xjejaj are needed too.. Can they roll 10 D?
1000004459.png

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Like I said, not small but if we want to prioritize heaviness it COULD be a factor.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Besides Hutson, all the other d-men have fairly good weight, comparable to any other d-corps around the NHL. I want size upfront asap, though.
I don’t think it will truly hamper him but it COULD play into a decision of him being moved or not.

Definitely want to see how he fares over here. He was a standout at camp. He’s such a f***ing smooth skater that you really wonder how good he can be.

Reactions: 1909

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
While it may mean something his lack of offensive increase does not necessarily mean anything at all.

Like WTK said. He may have just worked on rounding out his game. I remember reading about Suzuki. If you recall, in his D+1 there wasn't much of any increase in production. Suzuki explained Vegas told him to work on his defensive game and that's exactly what he did. After we traded for him he was told to work on his pace because there is less time to make decisions in the NHL. And that's what he did. Seems to have worked out for Suzie.

So no issues for me with Engstrom.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Like I said, not small but if we want to prioritize heaviness it COULD be a factor.

I don't see that happening, he will be an NHLer and likely a very good one though you never really know how any of them will adapt to the smaller ice. His game though I don't see an issue as he's a hard worker, smart, elite skater, just does everything well to really well.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don't see that happening, he will be an NHLer and likely a very good one though you never really know how any of them will adapt to the smaller ice. His game though I don't see an issue as he's a hard worker, smart, elite skater, just does everything well to really well.
I think it could POSSIBLY be used as a criterion if he’s seen on rather equal footing with someone else and management has to make a decision on who to keep.

If all things are equal going forward, I see him in competition with Xhekaj and Barron. Engstrom could pole vault ahead of them. We’ll see about Barron. Maybe he takes a big leap. He has to at this point because the clock is ticking I think

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yes Naslund was our last good one
Think we drafted him in 1979. Almost half a century of not being able to draft a good Swedish player. You would think it would make a GM or two wonder why that was and get to the bottom of it. I'm hoping we finally have.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad