2022-23 Seattle Kraken Pre-Season Camp Thread

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Look at things now, he might not get many shots, since they aren't probably looking at him as a guy to invest in. I was assuming he'd be used on back to backs, but the Sens have zero back to backs in that timeframe. Hopefully he gets used.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's 3-0 Calgary now as I write this late in the 2nd, but the Kraken have been carrying play in this period. Beniers and his unit just had a dominant shift.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
How was the game? I was unable to follow it as I had a prior obligation. Score looked bad, but I know that doesn’t tell the story all of the time.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
How was the game? I was unable to follow it as I had a prior obligation. Score looked bad, but I know that doesn’t tell the story all of the time.

First period dominated by the Flames
Second period Seattle came back but couldn't beat Vladar. He was lights out.
Third period Seattle got some life but it didn't last long.

Beniers looked fantastic. Didn't care much for the defence. Burakovsky took two or three shots that missed the net and ruined puck control. Wright had two or three good chances. Him and Eberle creating chemistry.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

After a slow start I actually though the Kraken were the better club, goaltending aside. :dunno:

But it was mostly driven by Beniers.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Thinking about who is left on the defensive side that's on the bubble. Kempny and Fleury... So it's down to those two for #7 assuming Borgen has secured himself #6, which may not be the case (though from my eye test, he's the guy). Either way, nice to see the defense at least being close to taking shape.

There's still a lot of choices to be made with the forward group. Honestly, I think it's been put off due to the choices being exceedingly difficult.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I personally really liked how Evans played this pre-season. I think folks should be talking about him more, he's a serious prospect and I think he's got a chance to become a top pair guy.
Did not get to see him much but this is great to hear. I was always optimistic about him but being a year older had me temper expectations. I would be thrilled if he becomes a lead 2nd pair guy.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Did not get to see him much but this is great to hear. I was always optimistic about him but being a year older had me temper expectations. I would be thrilled if he becomes a lead 2nd pair guy.

I think if the team wanted him to be on the 3rd line or rotate around as the 7th guy he would be on the NHL roster imo.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
It’s one pre season game but Gru seems to be on a different level compared to last year.

Yeah.
But he still did end up being beaten four times with a SV% of .897.
He also gave away the third goal.

I really hope he bounces back and that his good efforts(like last night) don't end up like this one, which looked a bit similar to last season.
He also had good starts last year but then one mistake(and some bad defense) completely derailed his effort and he ended up with a loss and crappy $V% anyways.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yeah.
But he still did end up being beaten four times with a SV% of .897.
He also gave away the third goal.

I really hope he bounces back and that his good efforts(like last night) don't end up like this one, which looked a bit similar to last season.
He also had good starts last year but then one mistake(and some bad defense) completely derailed his effort and he ended up with a loss and crappy $V% anyways.

It was Edmonton though, and they score goals in abundance. You don’t beat the oilers by stopping more goals, you beat them by scoring more goals than you usually do, and more than them. Or whatever. I know you know. If this had happened against Vancouver, I’d have been more concerned. That giveaway was AWFUL though. At least it was preseason.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It was Edmonton though, and they score goals in abundance. You don’t beat the oilers by stopping more goals, you beat them by scoring more goals than you usually do, and more than them. Or whatever. I know you know. If this had happened against Vancouver, I’d have been more concerned. That giveaway was AWFUL though. At least it was preseason.

Its also difficult to out play the oilers 60mins. Not many teams are design to handle that kind of style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad