2022-23 Seattle Kraken Pre-Season Camp Thread

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Pre-season camp has started and with the camp roster out. I felt it should have its own thread to discuss.

1663607010933.png

1663607064667.png

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
You beat me to it by seconds.

Some surprises on there.

No Ryan Winterton (injury, I hear)

Besides Tennyson and Sprong, does anybody have any (deeper) info on the PTO's?

Hoping we get some Firkus and Nelson content out of camp. Those two are so much fun. Naturally interested to see how Shane Wright does during camp and am definitely looking forward to seeing him in pre-season. Only 7 days until we get a game!

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Some surprises on there.

Hoping we get some Firkus and Nelson content out of camp. Those two are so much fun. Naturally interested to see how Shane Wright does during camp and am definitely looking forward to seeing him in pre-season. Only 7 days until we get a game!

Winterton (hurt during OHL playoff finals iirc) despite being signed is a non-roster player so that's why he's not listed.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Some surprises on there.

Tennyson was a serviceable 7D when in San Jose. Sprong, we all saw last season.

Not much info about the PTO's.

Also, disappointed about Winterton not being present. He seems to end up injured quite often and that worries me.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Tennyson was a serviceable 7D when in San Jose. Sprong, we all saw last season.

Not much info about the PTO's.

Also, disappointed about Winterton not being present. He seems to end up injured quite often and that worries me.

Eh i am not concern especially when the first injury of the past season was a nasty dislocated shoulder.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I like Beniers more as a prospect but there's no question that Shane Wright has the better shot. He should be in that spot on the top PP unit for the next decade.

Pretty small sample size, but when your goal is to go bar down, you want your shots to look like Wright's did, not Beniers'. Still fun to watch regardless.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Hard to see clearly, but I'd imagine True gets called for that hold in the game setting before Wright can make that pass. What a weird sort of exchange that was though.
Yeah, I think that was a hold too. I felt like Wright did a good job holding on to the puck despite True being much bigger. The pass was great too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad