GDT: 2022-23 season game 78 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30 pm 4/4/23

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Everyone says the league is so different than ten years ago with the physicality and, while true, it hasn't turned in to the SHL: it only feels that way when you watch the Kings for the past few years.

Go watch TB/NYR last night and it looks like a completely different league than what the Kings play in.
This concerns me come playoff time.

By your own logic, Cooke should’ve gotten it way worse than just a knockout.

Call me holier than thou all you want. I’m not going to shriek and drool like a mongoloid homer over violent retribution. That’s just not in my personality. Sorry, man.
I dunno, maybe we need more Doc Hollidays on the Kings.

b1454115e474811ab3df80ef75c81d75.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't think anyone on this board deliberately wants a player injured.
Then you aren’t paying close enough attention. Multiple people called for McDavid to be injured. And were also ok with our best players getting injured in retaliation, because “McDavid is more important to them than Kopitar is to the Kings”

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Everyone says the league is so different than ten years ago with the physicality and, while true, it hasn't turned in to the SHL: it only feels that way when you watch the Kings for the past few years.

Go watch TB/NYR last night and it looks like a completely different league than what the Kings play in.

was thinking the same thing and was going to post highlights even

Reactions: BigKing

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Well, the best player in the NHL injured arguably the Kings best defenseman, so I'd be OK with Kopitar taking McDavid out. Then Draisaitl can take out Kopitar. Doughty can take out Draisaitl. Uh, Nugent-Hopkins can take out Doughty. Then, let's see, Kempe can take out the Nuge. Just keep going till it's 3rd and 4th liners playing.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well, the best player in the NHL injured arguably the Kings best defenseman, so I'd be OK with Kopitar taking McDavid out. Then Draisaitl can take out Kopitar. Doughty can take out Draisaitl. Uh, Nugent-Hopkins can take out Doughty. Then, let's see, Kempe can take out the Nuge. Just keep going till it's 3rd and 4th liners playing.
So then you are ok with Anderson being taken out with no consequences what so ever because you fear that another King might be taken out. Right. So when another King is injured by another player taking a run at him just keep taking it because you don't want another King injured. Right, but under your view Kings are being injured and no one is stopping it.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
So then you are ok with Anderson being taken out with no consequences what so ever because you fear that another King might be taken out. Right. So when another King is injured by another player taking a run at him just keep taking it because you don't want another King injured. Right, but under your view Kings are being injured and no one is stopping it.
Actually, It was more a comment on how people think some of us are advocating sending a scrub after McDavid and, in doing so, will have someone target Kopitar. I'm one of the people who wanted McDavid hit in the same way he hit Anderson, with all the same consequences.

Reactions: jgs and KINGS17

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Actually, It was more a comment on how people think some of us are advocating sending a scrub after McDavid and, in doing so, will have someone target Kopitar. I'm one of the people who wanted McDavid hit in the same way he hit Anderson, with all the same consequences.
Oh, sorry, I miss understood your post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad