GDT: 2022-23 season game 63 LA Kings Montreal Canadians @7:30pm 3/2/23

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Sloppy game, but came through with it....Vilardi had a stellar game, Byfield had a good game, did he flub that shot, or did Allen make a helluva save, hard to tell and I wasn't paying that close attention at 1am etc....

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Just popping in to *high five* you guys for Vilardi. Absolutely love that kid. The quick hands on that assist, omg. Enjoy that boy, and thank god you guys never traded him when it looked like (as an outsider) management had soured on him.

I look forward to watching him continue to develop. Next step, give him some line mates!!

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
Absolutely mystifying that someone could watch that game and feel Byfield was underwhelming. Not the first or last time on this board that people are more interested in confirming their priors than actually taking in the game, but it's a particularly egregious example. Our first line looks dominant. Kopitar is more dangerous offensively than he's been since his Hart nom and Kempe is better than last year, when he was already good. Both of those things dovetail with QB being put on the first line. Kopi's goal last night was a perfect encapsulation of what Byfield has added to the team. Scoring will come. Dude is 20.5 years old.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Todd’s 1-3-1 is so frustrating. Sitting back and letting the play come at you when you are pretty much flat footed. No up ice pressure on the puck to make them move the puck up faster. That’s why the habs could take time and regroup in their own end and come up ice 4 strong for the zone entries.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Todd’s 1-3-1 is so frustrating. Sitting back and letting the play come at you when you are pretty much flat footed. No up ice pressure on the puck to make them move the puck up faster. That’s why the habs could take time and regroup in their own end and come up ice 4 strong for the zone entries.
Great points, when TM comes down from the top of the Western Conference standings, we’ll let him know it’s time for a change.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
2 of these for 2 points.

giphy.gif
You know when I see these a few thoughts come to mind:

I wonder what her hopes and dreams might be?
I wonder what her beliefs on life are?
Does she like nerdy things?
Is she content?
Does she want a family, career, both?
Who loved and nurtured her?
Does she have agency over her life?

Just a few.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Absolutely mystifying that someone could watch that game and feel Byfield was underwhelming. Not the first or last time on this board that people are more interested in confirming their priors than actually taking in the game, but it's a particularly egregious example. Our first line looks dominant. Kopitar is more dangerous offensively than he's been since his Hart nom and Kempe is better than last year, when he was already good. Both of those things dovetail with QB being put on the first line. Kopi's goal last night was a perfect encapsulation of what Byfield has added to the team. Scoring will come. Dude is 20.5 years old.
First line looks great - I wouldn't change a thing. I don't really like the look of Fiala with Danault and Arvidsson. I think Fiala and Arvidsson play off each other extremely well, but I don't see that line clicking. I think you have to keep Vilardi with Iafallo, it just works. When Moore comes back, I would slot him back with Danault/Arvy. We definitely have an abundance of great offense producing forwards. With everyone healthy, gotta make some tough decisions there. Wonder if Blake will trade in the offseason for picks/players. I'm sure he doesn't want to lose any of these guys for nothing.

When healthy:
Byfield/Kopi/Kempe
Moore/Danault/Arvidsson
Iafallo/XX/Vilardi
Kaliyev/Lizotte/Fiala

Good problem to have....you're basically rolling 4 lines capable of putting up a 1st line effort in any given game.

Reactions: Schmooley

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
First line looks great - I wouldn't change a thing. I don't really like the look of Fiala with Danault and Arvidsson. I think Fiala and Arvidsson play off each other extremely well, but I don't see that line clicking. I think you have to keep Vilardi with Iafallo, it just works. When Moore comes back, I would slot him back with Danault/Arvy. We definitely have an abundance of great offense producing forwards. With everyone healthy, gotta make some tough decisions there. Wonder if Blake will trade in the offseason for picks/players. I'm sure he doesn't want to lose any of these guys for nothing.

When healthy:
Byfield/Kopi/Kempe
Moore/Danault/Arvidsson
Iafallo/XX/Vilardi
Kaliyev/Lizotte/Fiala

Good problem to have....you're basically rolling 4 lines capable of putting up a 1st line effort in any given game.
Maybe even keep Lizotte between Iafallo and Vilardi depending on the center they can get. That is an insanely deep forward group.
I am really hoping they put Durzi back on the right and get another big body on the left d side also.
It would be a stacked roster with no holes.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Byfield should be the 3C with Fiala/GV. But you can't take Byfield off Kopi's wing. He's obviously giving Kopi something that has taken Kopi's game back up a notch or two. Kempe has been a much better producer the 2nd half since Byfields inclusion on the top line.

Next year though, it should be Fiala/QB/GV -- and they should be the 2nd line....eventually taking top line over in time.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Get him signed. Love his personality already. Played solid hockey.
cbj fan coming in here to say that you guys are going to absolutely fall in love with gavrikov.

national media people don't really watch columbus so they were all saying he's a physical shutdown d like chiarot but that's not the truth at all – he's a very smart player, has an active stick and is just an enormous goofball off the ice. the jackets mic'd him up all the time and it was always hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad