I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
2 of these for 2 points.

giphy.gif

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
His mentorship to Byfield is very noticeable. His value to the franchise currently is immeasurable. Couldn't be happier with his performance right now all things considered.
@Kurrilino says he should be banished to the press box and be ashamed for stealing the Kings money. True story.

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
Tonight's game made me feel a little better about the trade. Hopefully Korpi does the same.

So who's going to be more important to this team? Korpi or Kopi?

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Rough game for Kopi. I missed what happened @ center ice w/ that Montreal player. Looked like Byfield was about to step in. Of course they don't show any good replays live on the screen anymore, I think they don't want the fans to get too testy. Seemed like they had a lotta good chances tonight, just couldn't bury it. I'd rather have them leading by 1 goal instead of 3 or 4, easier psychologically...

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Rough game for Kopi. I missed what happened @ center ice w/ that Montreal player. Looked like Byfield was about to step in. Of course they don't show any good replays live on the screen anymore, I think they don't want the fans to get too testy. Seemed like they had a lotta good chances tonight, just couldn't bury it. I'd rather have them leading by 1 goal instead of 3 or 4, easier psychologically...
I'd rather them lead by 3 or 4 goals....easier...statistically.

Reactions: DryIslandBartender

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

There was a post somewhere today, that Blake had already made the gesture to Gavrikov to talk extension....good to know, if true. But it sounds like the best path to making that happen is to have players, staff, and the wives rally on behalf of making that happen. Honestly, with big decisions, the wife is 50% or more of making the decision (if they have an option to sign anywhere) about their future. There's something about making your wife happy and where she wants to be and raise the family.

The Kings are working on the extension now, it seems by really impressing the Gavrikov's with first rate ROYALTY treatment. Getting the family on the flight out. Making all arrangements smooth..sounds like getting them a hotel near the arena....having the other wives get involved. First impressions are a big deal. If his wife starts forming bonds and friendships with other wives, (even a bigger thing, than Gavrikov forming friendships with teammates) she's not going to want to test the free agency market, so much. Let's say he truly will not talk about contract and go free agent. If their experience here is great and the wife makes bonds...they like the city and where they will live the next few months, I think there's a good chance he'll sign. There will be tons of little things that will make a huge difference....that we would never hear about. Even the daughter making good friends with other King familes kids. May sound corny, but these kind of things are big. Anything that builds bonds and things they value. They may not want to start over from scratch and move again, if they are happy.

Looked like a 27 yr old Willie Mitchell out there in his first game..and after going through a major ordeal and not having played since Feb 11.

I'm now ready for Korpisalo's debut.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

What pissed me off is they called Kempe for doing the same thing, then let Andersen do that same hit on Kopi,[ if not worse] and ignore like nothing to see here.. Just another game vs MTL that the refs are pure trash!

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Someone needs to tell Jessie @All The Kings Men , that Gavri don't need a body guard in the locker room.

Nice cameo getting directors attention up in the hills, though!
Not sure anybody cares buuuuuuuuut... here's a little peak behind the curtain.

When the locker room is open after games we rarely get organized scrums like that. In this particular case I had opted out of the two with Vilardi and Walker but knew that the Gavrikov one was coming.

As a team employee I will share most audio I collect from the locker room with the PR staff to send out to "the media" unless I feel like I sounded like a moron asking my questions in which case I'm more selective in my sharing.

When Todd is giving his postgame media availability I'm standing in the back of the room with my phone plugged into the buildings sound system recording directly from his microphone and then I send that recording to our PR staff who make it available to the media at large.

hope that was in anyway interesting

EDIT: I try to stay out of the shot in general... didn't realize I was so prominently featured here

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Not sure anybody cares buuuuuuuuut... here's a little peak behind the curtain.

When the locker room is open after games we rarely get organized scrums like that. In this particular case I had opted out of the two with Vilardi and Walker but knew that the Gavrikov one was coming.

As a team employee I will share most audio I collect from the locker room with the PR staff to send out to "the media" unless I feel like I sounded like a moron asking my questions in which case I'm more selective in my sharing.

When Todd is giving his postgame media availability I'm standing in the back of the room with my phone plugged into the buildings sound system recording directly from his microphone and then I send that recording to our PR staff who make it available to the media at large.

hope that was in anyway interesting

EDIT: I try to stay out of the shot in general... didn't realize I was so prominently featured here
Riveting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad