GDT: 2022-23 Season game 51 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @4:00 1/27/23

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Awesome game by Kempe. All over the ice. He didn’t get the assist on Roy’s GWG, but he poked the puck off Barkov’s stick right to Roy.

1674874463688.png

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Copper is gold again! 15-3

Kings kept trying to beat themselves not being able to get the puck out their zone. The puck was like a hot potato in their own end.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That was embarrassing, good lord.

Don't think I've seen the refs look the other way for one team and look for everything on another. The Fiala penalty near the end was a f--ing joke. Lizzotte gets layed out after his shot and they let it go, then get Fiala for pushing back afterwards.

This game was in the bag right until Copley f-up. That moment changed everything and the Kings were a mess.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Was Taco Bell on the menu at this dinner?
Funny thing is in early 2000’s you could go to wahoos after a team practice and meat half the team there and bullshit with them.

I remember taking a girlfriend there and running into smokinski Schneider and Lappy. When we were talking to Smokinski my chick asked his name. After he replied she said “oh my boyfriend keeps saying you’re gonna get traded.” Facepalm moment for sure. 2 weeks later smoke and Schneids got traded. Hahahahaha.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It might just be time to shake things up on the second line. Before this recent slump, Iafallo had 17 points in 22 games and was a +11.

Maybe something like this?

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Turcotte - Danault - Arvidsson
Fiala - Kupari - Iafallo
JAD - Lizotte - Fagemo

We want Byfield learning from Kopitar. Shouldn’t we want Turcotte learning from Danault?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Iafallo has to go right?
It I had to pick one of fwds to go its him or RV - im leaning toward AI. But unless Blake knows some math I dont re getting an LD and Goalie in under the cap then Id say its mandatory. JQ salary off the books - that covers the Goalie. Just Lemieux and Edler coming off... need to sign Vilardi... We'll see what happens at the deadline if anything.

It might just be time to shake things up on the second line. Before this recent slump, Iafallo had 17 points in 22 games and was a +11.

Fiala - Kupari - Iafallo
JAD - Lizotte - Fagemo

We want Byfield learning from Kopitar. Shouldn’t we want Turcotte learning from Danault?
Based on tonite's move, looks like Turcotte been learning from Matt Cooke.. but sure put him there - why not - until Moore comes back.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This is really not good. It goes to show that the Kings are bleeding goals heavily

+4 goal wins - 2
+3 goal wins - 4
+2 goal wins - 6
+1 goal wins - 16
-1 goal losses - 9
-2 goal losses - 5
-3 goal losses - 5
-4 goal losses - 1
-5 goal losses - 2
-6 goal losses - 1

The 3/4 goal wins/losses cancel each other out. A +8 in 1/2 goal wins/losses. They've been blown out by 16 goals in 3 games this year, with no corresponding wins in that range. Take out those 3 games, however you'd like to weigh the validity of that, the Kings are a +10 in 48 of 51 games. Not exactly contender numbers, but when they lose, they've lost bigger than they've won.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
+4 goal wins - 2
+3 goal wins - 4
+2 goal wins - 6
+1 goal wins - 16
-1 goal losses - 9
-2 goal losses - 5
-3 goal losses - 5
-4 goal losses - 1
-5 goal losses - 2
-6 goal losses - 1

The 3/4 goal wins/losses cancel each other out. A +8 in 1/2 goal wins/losses. They've been blown out by 16 goals in 3 games this year, with no corresponding wins in that range. Take out those 3 games, however you'd like to weigh the validity of that, the Kings are a +10 in 48 of 51 games. Not exactly contender numbers, but when they lose, they've lost bigger than they've won.

They've kept games close for the most parts and picked up quite a few extra time points, but they are not doing great with regulation wins. If the Flames hold on tonight, the Kings will be tied with them for 5th in RW in the pacific which is the first tie breaker. It's going to get tight if the Avs can put things together down the stretch.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

Fiala - Kupari - Iafallo
JAD - Lizotte - Fagemo

Aren't Iafallo and Fiala both LW?

There's gonna be a lot of hard decisions when Moore/Vilardi/Kaliyev are back.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad