Proposal: How do the Flyers get a 1C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
We get one by drafting one.

When it comes to trading it's very rare that either a 1c or 1d gets moved unless there is some story behind it.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
You either tank or wait for a team to tank, and pay them what's needed to get their 1C

Or you luck that out: Montréal got Suzuki by pure accident

Reactions: Jacob582

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
You either tank or wait for a team to tank, and pay them what's needed to get their 1C

Or you luck that out: Montréal got Suzuki by pure accident
Well, no, it wasn't a pure accident. He was a fairly highly rated prospect and Montreal gave up a big piece, with an extension, to get him, a 2nd and a "filler" type of player in Tatar. In other words, Montreal made him a big part of the return for an important player.

Philadelphia has tons of draft capital, they just need to either draft for a potential #1C, trade for a C with #1C potential, or trade for a more established one, or sign one as a UFA, though that usually means 4 good years and 3 years of overpayment.

I'm sure Anaheim fans would be thrilled at another thread offering futures for Zegras, for example. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Or even a 2C, really.

Give me your ideas. They don’t even have any center prospects that could be top 6 currently.
Frost is fine during a rebuild as a 2C. They most likely have to draft a future 1C. Teams can spend a decade finding one. There is no easy fix.

Reactions: BernieParent

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
1. Trade Konecny, Sanheim, and Torts to Toronto
2. Make Rocky Thompson head coach
3. Draft one in the top 3 of the next 3 drafts

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Well, no, it wasn't a pure accident. He was a fairly highly rated prospect and Montreal gave up a big piece, with an extension, to get him, a 2nd and a "filler" type of player in Tatar. In other words, Montreal made him a big part of the return for an important player.

Philadelphia has tons of draft capital, they just need to either draft for a potential #1C, trade for a C with #1C potential, or trade for a more established one, or sign one as a UFA, though that usually means 4 good years and 3 years of overpayment.

I'm sure Anaheim fans would be thrilled at another thread offering futures for Zegras, for example. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Marc Bergevin didn't even want Suzuki has His first choice tho, he wanted Glass and Vegas refusés, offering him Suzuki in his place

Reactions: Seanaconda

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ottawa is going to break up its core, Norris is gonna be the odd man out.
They will run Stutzle, Pinto, Grieg as their 1,2,3

I am sure a deal around Bonk could work.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
No one is trading for Josh Norris and his 3 x shoulder surgeries. He's damaged goods.
Depends... if someone can see his medical records, in depth, and gets him at a discount...
I mean, Montreal got Dach at a discount because of his injury history.

Marc Bergevin didn't even want Suzuki has His first choice tho, he wanted Glass and Vegas refusés, offering him Suzuki in his place
That's what the urban legend says, yes... but really, what do us fans really know?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Depends... if someone can see his medical records, in depth, and gets him at a discount...
I mean, Montreal got Dach at a discount because of his injury history.

That's what the urban legend says, yes... but really, what do us fans really know?
Dach didn't come with a longterm 8M caphit. The risk on Norris is massive. No one it taking that risk.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Dach didn't come with a longterm 8M caphit. The risk on Norris is massive. No one it taking that risk.
You're giving GMs too much credit.

Someone would move a first along with a Frost, Farabee or J. Anderson for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad