GDT: 2022-23 Season game 51 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @4:00 1/27/23

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The frustrating aspects of Kempe's game seem to be lessening.

His game is becoming more refined.

I'd like to see him be more dangerous at times, but overall he's become a much better linemate than he used to be.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If you rank the teams league wide by points, Kings are 9th overall....the next team with a negative goal differential are the Predators.....in 19th......with -4 😆 Imagine being outside a wild card spot with a better differential than the Kings, 😬

They've been chasing the minus GD since Nov. evened it out a few times, then that bad roadie , especially the -6 in Buffalo put them back in a hole. Still think it will be on the plus side in the end.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We lost 5-0 to the Leafs, 6-0 to the Sabres, and 4-0 to the Stars. If you remove those three games, we’d be +9 on the year. I’m not worried too much about our goal differential.

Reactions: funky

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
We lost 5-0 to the Leafs, 6-0 to the Sabres, and 4-0 to the Stars. If you remove those three games, we’d be +9 on the year. I’m not worried too much about our goal differential.
When you remove the three worst, you gotta remove the three best as well to give a more accurate representation, otherwise you are just removing unfavorable numbers to skew a result. If you remove the top three single game goal differentials (+4, +4, and +3) along with those three shutouts, the Kings still have a negative overall goal differential of -2

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Too much angst and talk about goal differential.

Team goes
2-1 W 5 times, loses 7-0, does that for 36 games, GD is -10, but team is 30-6, that's horrible...

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
What if we removed Quick, Pederson, Walker, Edler, and the first month of Durzi?

We would be +20.

Good thing Blake has addressed this issue………..

I will give Durzi credit. He saw Blake has done nothing and has at least took it upon himself to improve.

In all fairness it would be interest seeing ti goal differential split between the first half of the year and this last half.

We came in with a defenseman that basically missed two years and coming off major surgery. We had a rookie defenseman learning his off side and have some major brain farts. We aquired a new shiny PPG toy that plays a much different style then our system called for and our two goalies either forgot to see the optometrist over the off-season or developed a bad case of arthritis over summer.

Right now we are relying on a third string goalie with below league average stats and he is 15 and 3. If one our other two goalies could have played to potential I don’t think the goal differential is an issue and we are sitting at top of the division in point percentage as well.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Huge two points last night given that the next two games will be very difficult. I was hoping Copley would get the FLA start just because of that. Go for the easier two points and make sure you get those...

On a side note, everyone's favorite coach quietly moved into 23rd all time in NHL wins last night. What...a....loser.

Reactions: mysterman2

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
On a side note, everyone's favorite coach quietly moved into 23rd all time in NHL wins last night. What...a....loser.
He's the Jeff Fisher of the NHL (who's 11th in NFL head coaching wins). A guy who will never get over the hump, but is a good enough coach to keep getting jobs and compile wins. He's the coach before the coach who gives you a legit chance to win the cup

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
He's the Jeff Fisher of the NHL (who's 11th in NFL head coaching wins). A guy who will never get over the hump, but is a good enough coach to keep getting jobs and compile wins. He's the coach before the coach who gives you a legit chance to win the cup
Without looking it up, something tells me he's not the only coach out there with a buttload of wins yet no cup on the resume...Pete Deboer comes to mind.

Not sure why any of us would care about that anyways at this point....the expectation for this year would be to make the playoffs and hopefully win a round. Anyone who thinks we should be challenging for the cup, yet it's just our coach holding us back is f***ing delusional.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
the expectation for this year would be to make the playoffs and hopefully win a round.
What kind of expectation is that? To at best be a little better than a blachole team.
You go for the cup. There is a clear opening in the west this year to make a deep run.
If you think you arent good enough then you should be trying to mold the future.
No half measures.
If you are the owner some playoff revenue is sweet.
But you arent the owner. So stop with the nonsense.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
It’s the day after and I’m still processing how a simple 2 min minor for tripping became a 5 min major for boarding.

That may have been the worst call Ive ever seen...they essentially felt the need to call something and that was the closest they could find. In no conceivable world could anyone watch that clip and conclude it was boarding.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
What kind of expectation is that?
It's called reality. You guys can't figure out what you want. "play the kids!" but win the cup? lol, sure dude.

Our two starting goaltenders taking up 10-mil in cap space can't even be trusted to win us a game -- but we should be going for the cup? Ok...

• Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Some of the hardcore analytics guys say there's no such thing as momentum.

But this game was about as clear of an example of momentum as you'll find. The game completely changed after Florida finally scored a goal.

I suppose it depends on how you define momentum though.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I will give Durzi credit. He saw Blake has done nothing and has at least took it upon himself to improve.
I’m hoping this is sarcasm. Durzi has improved but he hasn’t done it himself, there Is fairly significant input from the organisation. Perhaps Blake decided that Durzi could improve sufficiently for this season (no Idea), you cannot take the view that failure is the organisation and that success is the players and expect that to be seen as a considered point. It doesn’t happen in a vacuum. FWIW, I still trade Durzi for a LHD but both Durzi and the org deserve a little credit for his improvement.

• Haha

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Last year Kempe had a career high shooting percentage of 14.2%. Usually that means a player will regress somewhat the following year.

But this year Kempe has a shooting percentage of 13.8%. Not much of a drop off at all.

He had 54pts last year. He's on pace for 55pts this year.

If the QB-AK-AK line stays together and keeps clicking, Kempe could break 60 points.

Last edited:
  • Love

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
It's called reality. You guys can't figure out what you want. "play the kids!" but win the cup? lol, sure dude.

Our two starting goaltenders taking up 10-mil in cap space can't even be trusted to win us a game -- but we should be going for the cup? Ok...
Jack Campbell. Alexandar Georgiev, Logan Thompson. These are the names our competitors are trusting their Cup runs to. Might as well add Copley to the list. He fits right in to that group.
Nobody in the Western Conference has a good reliable well-known goalie. This is why I have been saying, Its up for grabs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00