GDT: 2022-23 season game 50 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @4:00pm 1/24/23

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Hockey god karma came instantly for DeAngelo, that was funny.

Might be the worst game of the season for Drew.

Ugly win, our defense tried to lose it a million times.

Except for sweet sweet Mikey Anderson.

Glad they got the points but that's two games in a row they've tried to beat themselves against non-playoff teams, hard to be confident taking that game into FLA-TBL-Car. These guys need the break and some health but lineup has nothing to do with on-ice effort and that was a lot of lazy/sloppy.
Oh awesome, looks who's right on cue to bring everyone down. Nice job, Debbie.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yes I saw that too - looking up to the sky... he's like thinking is this for me? I cant catch a break - or maybe im just not cut out for this level of hockey physicality
Are you f***en kidding? The kids been through hell and back to get to this point and you really think he’d have those ridiculous thoughts?
Your answer was when he came back and played his style after the hit, the kid isn’t going to quit unless he’s taken out on a stretcher.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Are you f***en kidding? The kids been through hell and back to get to this point and you really think he’d have those ridiculous thoughts?
Your answer was when he came back and played his style after the hit, the kid isn’t going to quit unless he’s taken out on a stretcher.
He needs to add some weight, plain and simple. 5'11, 185 doesn't cut it unless you are Blake Lizotte.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
We'd all have those ridiculous thoughts.. it takes courage to overcome them - and after getting his bell rung by the overaged scrub in Colorda.. that couldve done him in.. but he's back... Just would like to see maybe a period of 1 month where he doesnt go back to the bench hobbled

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Byfield 5 pts in last 6 games. It's happening.
This team has some hilariously deep flaws but look how well they are doing in spite of bad coaching, shitshow defense and $10M in cap for 2 goalies who arent usable at the NHL level. Pretty good year to overachieve in the West as many of the usual suspects have some real issues they arent dealing with as well. Expectations are still low but this could be a fun wide-open Western Conference bracket.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
As a simple reminder (maybe not so much in this thread) that not all of our prospects are gonna make it but not all of them are busts...

...it took Troy Terry until he was 24 years old and Kempe until he was 25 to really find their game at the NHL level, and they both were all-stars last year and dangerous offensive players for their respective teams.

We are seeing it with Byfield now. Dude is really helping the team win in physically, board work, and making some hi-skill plays that I think none of us thought Byfield had it in him. Same goes for JAD (though you have to give some major kudos to Fiala).

Pretty awesome to see the change in their game and their confidence.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
It’s an absolute pileup at the top of the standings in the Pacific right now. 6 points separating first from fifth.
Pretty important to get top 3 in the division. Oilers have won 6 in a row, Calgary playing a bit better. If we are out of the top 3 Colorado is coming up fast and are playing lights out. Need to keep pushing and win games against weaker opponents. Going to be a crazy end to the season. Can't believe there's only thirty freakin two games left. Season has flown by like nothing.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
As a simple reminder (maybe not so much in this thread) that not all of our prospects are gonna make it but not all of them are busts...

...it took Troy Terry until he was 24 years old and Kempe until he was 25 to really find their game at the NHL level, and they both were all-stars last year and dangerous offensive players for their respective teams.

We are seeing it with Byfield now. Dude is really helping the team win in physically, board work, and making some hi-skill plays that I think none of us thought Byfield had it in him. Same goes for JAD (though you have to give some major kudos to Fiala).

Pretty awesome to see the change in their game and their confidence.
Agree with you on all accounts here, but the times I've watched Byfield in Sudbury, and the times he's been in the A, I've always believed Byfield had the high end skills and he's really showing glimpses of it playing with Kopi and Kempe. Just allowing him to be in a position to succeed and putting him on the wing has really helped him not focus so much on the responsibilities of a centerman but just letting him play the game without being scared of making mistakes. Injuries had a lot to do with his development and getting playing time with the big club, but now I think Byfield can just focus on doing the simple things and learn from a great player like Kopi. Just gotta trust the process and be patient. Loving what I'm seeing and really hope he takes off from here on out. Only thing stopping him is injuries.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This team has some hilariously deep flaws but look how well they are doing in spite of bad coaching, shitshow defense and $10M in cap for 2 goalies who arent usable at the NHL level. Pretty good year to overachieve in the West as many of the usual suspects have some real issues they arent dealing with as well. Expectations are still low but this could be a fun wide-open Western Conference bracket.
Bad coaching for real. That dumb moronic panda is also benefiting from the Swiss Shaft of Fiala.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
We'd all have those ridiculous thoughts.. it takes courage to overcome them - and after getting his bell rung by the overaged scrub in Colorda.. that couldve done him in.. but he's back... Just would like to see maybe a period of 1 month where he doesnt go back to the bench hobbled
This is one of those potential turning points for him.. to say, I got hit and it hurt but I’m ok. He got back in there and didn’t miss a beat. Also, the hit wasn’t to his head but more to his shoulder blade when he tried to reach for the puck and he got rolled. Fagemo went through the same thing, I’m happy with what I’ve seen from the kids even if I am holding my breath more than I should.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

The problem is it's the exact same stuff we said last year. The issues are still the issues if not worse.

I'm probably coming off as more pissy about it than I really am, but it's extremely disappointing to me that the net sum of adding Fiala to a healthy team is a lesser pace in a worse division. That can't be seen as growth/success.

Ya that is true. And also maybe be a little more calculating - like let that big oaf Ristolinen have the angle to the boards and avoid getting pile driven.

When he lined up Lizotte I thought Blake would end up in Florida early. You can tell when a big dumb f***er like that is going to take one.

Good win. Always exciting seeing the youth contribute along with the vets. There were some lapses, but good pushback from both sides.

Kopitar drank from the fountain of youth today, too.

Always nice to see Kopitar have those nights where he's like "oh yeah, I'm a good shooter" and lean into it

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This is one of those potential turning points for him.. to say, I got hit and it hurt but I’m ok. He got back in there and didn’t miss a beat. Also, the hit wasn’t to his head but more to his shoulder blade when he tried to reach for the puck and he got rolled. Fagemo went through the same thing, I’m happy with what I’ve seen from the kids even if I am holding my breath more than I should.

same with Valardi . Everyone was on edge each shift for a while , especially whenever he got hit. It will be the same with Turc for while. He gonna need to learn as he plays more how to avoid meatheads who want to drill him when he's close to the glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad