GDT: 2022-23 season game 49 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @4:00pm 1/22/23

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ya, but he has more to offer if he wasn’t afraid of making a mistake and not playing another shift or getting sent back down again. It’s more of a comfort level thing, and once he’s more comfortable out there it will be great! I want him and Kupari to gain some chemistry and then toss Arty on the right side when he comes back, that could be a solid line!!

And it’s also me not liking Todd that he can’t integrate a young player into his lineup and let him make a couple mistakes and keep playing the kid.

So you talked to him? Or is this just utter baseless bullshit dreamt up because of what you heard?

Turcotte didn't play scared out there at all........

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
So you talked to him? Or is this just utter baseless bullshit dreamt up because of what you heard?

Turcotte didn't play scared out there at all........
Just off of one armchair gms read. I’m not a pro like you

Some extra quick changes, a pass instead of a shot, little things as he gets more comfortable he will get better. After his concussions and other misc injuries I’m sure he was glad to get this first game out of the way. Let’s hope Todd gives him more games

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not sure why but the Iafallo-Danault-Arvidsson line has once again had an epic run of getting outplayed. A collective -18, 2 assists over the past 4 games, 3 losses 1 win.

Well the good news is we won so prepare for wholesale changes!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Just off of one armchair gms read. I’m not a pro like you

Some extra quick changes, a pass instead of a shot, little things as he gets more comfortable he will get better. After his concussions and other misc injuries I’m sure he was glad to get this first game out of the way. Let’s hope Todd gives him more games

Everyone was doing quick changes, his first few were definitely quick, but then they extended......could it be it was of his own choice,? Naw,....damn coach made him...... so you think he was playing scared, so he passed it...instead of shot it....when the safer move....would be to shoot......man that logical thinking....good job....

I agree, I think Turcotte played well enough to get some more games in, I don't really wanna see Lemieux again, but I got a feeling we will see him against Philly.......

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ya, but he has more to offer if he wasn’t afraid of making a mistake and not playing another shift or getting sent back down again. It’s more of a comfort level thing, and once he’s more comfortable out there it will be great! I want him and Kupari to gain some chemistry and then toss Arty on the right side when he comes back, that could be a solid line!!

And it’s also me not liking Todd that he can’t integrate a young player into his lineup and let him make a couple mistakes and keep playing the kid.
I'm not sure if I saw what you did. At the NHL level, your time to think of what to do is drastically reduced. So what may look like "getting rid of the puck quickly" to you looked like "decisiveness" to me.

He drove to the net and battled on the boards. I don't think he positioned himself well in front of the net, which didn't make him a viable option for front-net passes.

He was far from perfect. Though if he was afraid to make a mistake, it's defensible considering the few NHL games he has played. He held his own though.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'm not sure if I saw what you did. At the NHL level, your time to think of what to do is drastically reduced. So what may look like "getting rid of the puck quickly" to you looked like "decisiveness" to me.

He drove to the net and battled on the boards. I don't think he positioned himself well in front of the net, which didn't make him a viable option for front-net passes.

He was far from perfect. Though if he was afraid to make a mistake, it's defensible considering the few NHL games he has played. He held his own though.
He looked more confident then in his first few games. Was scarred to death when he went flying into the boards.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Everyone was doing quick changes, his first few were definitely quick, but then they extended......could it be it was of his own choice,? Naw,....damn coach made him...... so you think he was playing scared, so he passed it...instead of shot it....when the safer move....would be to shoot......man that logical thinking....good job....

I agree, I think Turcotte played well enough to get some more games in, I don't really wanna see Lemieux again, but I got a feeling we will see him against Philly.......
What the hell happened to the Lemieux that wasn’t a liability on the ice, the current version needs to go far away. Maybe they can leave him in Philly?

I don’t think he was scared of the on ice play, even though I’m sure he wanted to get some contact out of the way early. It’s a Todd issue, was it last season where Grunstrom scored a goal or two and Todd didn’t dress him the next game? Who knows he might bench JAD next for something dumb

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The ice time for forwards last night was different. Danault line led in minutes and Kempe/Byfield got barely 14 minutes. Even Kopitar got only 17:17. When has that ever happened? Fair to say the second line was Fiala, Lizotte and JAD. Who along with Copley, basically won the game.

Reactions: BringTheReign

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What the hell happened to the Lemieux that wasn’t a liability on the ice, the current version needs to go far away. Maybe they can leave him in Philly?

I don’t think he was scared of the on ice play, even though I’m sure he wanted to get some contact out of the way early. It’s a Todd issue, was it last season where Grunstrom scored a goal or two and Todd didn’t dress him the next game? Who knows he might bench JAD next for something dumb

You act as if the only part of the game is scoring, sorry Grundstrom has the hockey IQ....of you......he's a liability out there 8 of the 9 minutes he plays......but yea, let's blame the coach for you not understanding the game...

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
They were lying through their teeth....Kings were extremely lucky to score a goal, let alone win, they have zero talent, no cohesion, the coach is a flipping moron, the GM only knows how to surf.......it's lucky they aren't relegated.......those opposing announcers know nothing about the Kings...
Finally!!!! You’ve seen the light, we have turned you from the dark side 😉

Reactions: Schrute farms

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

I think Lemme and Grundstrom are getting outplayed by JAD and Kupari right now. The kids need to make a push for roster spots or at least show some value in trades. JAD is a prime example of doing just that. Offseason move(s) should address the size issue on the bottom lines so we can balance out the roster. I rather have a Greenway or similar player than Lemme or Grundstrom playing that role.

Reactions: dman3474

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Man a lot doom and gloom in the socials over the Kings.

You don’t pull a Boston every year and can’t win them all. Kings are a good team when they play to their strengths. What’s more is they are fun to watch. 82 games will have ups and downs. Games played are about even and they are in the thick of it.

Yes it was lowly Chicago but hadn’t they just won like 6-7 or something?
Umm, we don't encourage common sense around there, but thanks for playing.

Reactions: LAKings88

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Fiala making Lizzy & JAD look good in the offensive zone like it's no big deal. Dude should have potted a few himself tonight.

I know Faber + 1st is a tough pill to swallow but Fiala just drives the play all night long.

He's a game breaker.
Tough pill ? That was highway robbery.

Where do you find a player like him, meanwhile locked up for 7 more years @ a decent price, for that kind of package.

I have swallowed a lot of tougher pills.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Goodbye Lizotte and Grundstrom, kids are making you expendable.
i am reading this a couple of times now.

7 games ago he was the best 4th liner in the league. He is barely that much older either. When he is asking too much, yes than you should move on from him and hopefully one of Kupari, Turcotte, JAD whoever can take over his role.

In the past LA re-signed a few too many (homegrown) role players for a little too much.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The ice time for forwards last night was different. Danault line led in minutes and Kempe/Byfield got barely 14 minutes. Even Kopitar got only 17:17. When has that ever happened? Fair to say the second line was Fiala, Lizotte and JAD. Who along with Copley, basically won the game.

Todd wake up in night. Todd read stars in sky. Todd unga bunga. Todd get hockey idea.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Tough pill ? That was highway robbery.

Where do you find a player like him, meanwhile locked up for 7 more years @ a decent price, for that kind of package.

I have swallowed a lot of tougher pills.
Yep. Those types of players are rarely available in a trade whereas the type of player like Faber is easier to acquire. That does not mean I don’t rate Fabre because I really do. Fiala brings a game breaking skill set that is rare and whilst we hope QB can also bring that on a regular basis once he establishes himself that trade was an absolute no brainer. His age and the length of contact made him a great fit

Reactions: mysterman2

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Yep. Those types of players are rarely available in a trade whereas the type of player like Faber is easier to acquire. That does not mean I don’t rate Fabre because I really do. Fiala brings a game breaking skill set that is rare and whilst we hope QB can also bring that on a regular basis once he establishes himself that trade was an absolute no brainer. His age and the length of contact made him a great fit

Most impressive thing to me about Fiala is he creates and delivers regardless who his wingers are. dude just bring it nightly and makes his wingers better. Was hoping JAD could have got the Hatty.

Note was still bemused in the 3rd that the Hawks started dictating play and had a couple of golden chances to score they failed on- and TMac just watches the passing parade. I constantly bemoan his hatred of TimeOuts but that was a clear example of having a 2 goal lead to take the TO and settle things down and regroup. Coming off the Nashville collapse he is just content to let the chips fall where they may.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
It's almost like you've never watched a hockey game before.
when it comes to making the lowest possible level of inane snarky comments you are Wayne Gretzky. Its ironic that you could reply with "derp derp derp" and people would come away with a higher opinion of you. My advice to you is start replying "derp derp derp," it provides way more value to the reader than what you regularly bring to this forum as evidenced by your claptrap presented here.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
when it comes to making the lowest possible level of inane snarky comments you are Wayne Gretzky. Its ironic that you could reply with "derp derp derp" and people would come away with a higher opinion of you. My advice to you is start replying "derp derp derp," it provides way more value to the reader than what you regularly bring to this forum as evidenced by your claptrap presented here.
C’mon dude, you were surprised that a team who had went 6-1 in their last 7, made a push at the end of the game in their own barn?

Let me tell you what surprises me…the same fanbase here that will have zero hesitance to scream from the top of the mountains that this team is NOT a contender and that our coaching staff is pathetic are the same people scratching their heads on why we are only slightly above average team.

You can’t make this shit up…

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
C’mon dude, you were surprised that a team who had went 6-1 in their last 7, made a push at the end of the game in their own barn?

Let me tell you what surprises me…the same fanbase here that will have zero hesitance to scream from the top of the mountains that this team is NOT a contender and that our coaching staff is pathetic are the same people scratching their heads on why we are only slightly above average team.

i read this but only hear the voice of Charlie Browns teacher.

Reactions: Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I’m just curious, why didn’t you get seats behind Tmac? I know you think he looks like a snacc.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They were lying through their teeth....Kings were extremely lucky to score a goal, let alone win, they have zero talent, no cohesion, the coach is a flipping moron, the GM only knows how to surf.......it's lucky they aren't relegated.......those opposing announcers know nothing about the Kings...

HAHAA! That's good!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad