GDT: 2022-23 season game 49 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @4:00pm 1/22/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FnGI7CGWAAE4r-I

Los Angeles Kings (25-17-6, 56pts, 4th in Pacific)@ Chicago Blackhawks(14-26-4, 32pts, Last in Central)
United Center | Chicago, IL
TIME: 4:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
FNP28BW.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
Lxrewdj.png

R9RwvDI.png

phzMZGc.png

cGOrZMx.png

Scratched: Tobias Bjornfot, Alex Turcotte
Covid: N/A
Injured: Arthur Kaliyev, Trevor Moore, Carl Grundstrom, Gabriel Vilardi

:hawks

CSWMyIQ.png

FisDJBY.png

Injuries: Alex Stalock, Jarred Tinordi
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Wonder who gets the start.. Basically JQ played the entire game last night. Left wing lock projects JQ but that prob hasnt factored in last nights pulling Copley.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Wonder who gets the start.. Basically JQ played the entire game last night. Left wing lock projects JQ but that prob hasnt factored in last nights pulling Copley.

I think you gotta go back to Copley.....problem is Copley is playing with zero to no confidence....he's small, back in the net....but I still think you have to give him the shot to redeem himself...and if the first goal is awful......pull the plug, but at that point, you need to think about who do you play as a backup

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think you gotta go back to Copley.....problem is Copley is playing with zero to no confidence....he's small, back in the net....but I still think you have to give him the shot to redeem himself...and if the first goal is awful......pull the plug, but at that point, you need to think about who do you play as a backup
Yes agree... I think we knew this day was coming where he had a regression.. I do not think JQ or Cal can come back and help this year as a starter. So, do u think now may be the time to look at a short term fix e.g. Raanta is 2m salary this year and Carolina has a #3 that did pretty well while Andersen was out..

Reactions: ru4reals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yes agree... I think we knew this day was coming where he had a regression.. I do not think JQ or Cal can come back and help this year as a starter. So, do u think now may be the time to look at a short term fix e.g. Raanta is 2m salary this year and Carolina has a #3 that did pretty well while Andersen was out..

I think if the cost is right.......you make that move, if you want to "hold this team together" meaning that you have to show them you believe in them, by giving them a chance to win.....and Copley did well, but he's not there....so you bring in someone who will......otherwise you run the risk of the guys saying f*** it....

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
You would think this would be a good spot to put him in, I'd sit Lizotte, he wasn't good last night at all, but Fiala, Turcotte and JAD together, get a game in etc, it's the perfect spot to do it......but I can see not doing it as well....

Chicago is hot. Kings are not.

Who knows?

Hope Turc gets in.
It'd for sure be rad for Turc to get play in his hometown.
I cannot take anymore Edler and Walker.
Kopi line unchanged
Fiala -Dan - Arvy
Iaf -Turcotte -Vil if ready or Fagemo
Lem- Lizzo - JAD

DD- Mikey
BJo-Roy
Edl-Durzi

Copley gotta get his game back , were not going anywhere with the other 2 as more than a backup.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Minimum expectations: Kings get a point, play a complete game and lose in the SO after 10+ rounds.

TMac’s expectations: Kings easily get 2 points against a bottom feeder with elite journeymen contributing throughout the lineup and Kopitar/Doughty leading in ice time.

BLuc’s expectations: Kings blowout a team who is desperately tanking and move back into the third spot of the pacific while erasing the negative goal differential for at least one night.

My expectations: goals from Raddish, Dickinson and Athanasiou.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
With our loss last night, the Kings are now in 4th in the Pacific and hold the first wildcard, though Colorado and Calgary are only three points behind with three and one games in hand, respectively. Currently 8th in the West by points percentage. The Flames and Preds are hot on our tails.

I think we need to do something soon unless the expectations are “hope we make the playoffs”.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
With our loss last night, the Kings are now in 4th in the Pacific and hold the first wildcard, though Colorado and Calgary are only three points behind with three and one games in hand, respectively. Currently 8th in the West by points percentage. The Flames and Preds are hot on our tails.

I think we need to do something soon unless the expectations are “hope we make the playoffs”.
Blake won't do much just to make the playoffs, he is hoping to build to the cup.
He will make bigger moves when we are more of a legit contender
Seems like we have shown we don't have the depth for a significant run as of now.

Reactions: kinghock

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I don't see how you start Quick b2b. It should be Copley and this is for sure a game they should win. So no reason.
If they dont start Copley it might be time to move on from this season. This is a must-win game and you dont start 37 year old JQ on b2b. Copley played 40 seconds last night he is fresh.
Copley won like 10 games in a row in December so lets coach him up and play him against the bottom feeders here. Find his game. Coach.
Coach is the problem. I was done with Todd before the season ever started and I have seen far more than enough. He is a clown.

Reactions: RocketKing

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Blake won't do much just to make the playoffs, he is hoping to build to the cup.
He will make bigger moves when we are more of a legit contender
Seems like we have shown we don't have the depth for a significant run as of now.
I was always fine with that outcome this season if the younger guys played bigger roles. That’s only partially happened with Spence, Björnfot and Clarke so far not playing much (not expecting all, but 1 of the 3 should be an absolute minimum). The forwards I’m OK with IF QB continues in a bigger role to the end of the season and they get Arty more minutes also, once he’s back.

A mixed bag so far, with Vilardi being the saving grace.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Alex. Please elevate and slay. Create chances with Fiala and Fagemo. Score 2 points. Wreak havoc in all 3 zones.
Never look back and never to go to Ontario again.
Unless it's playing the Senators and Make Beliefs in Ontario, Canada.

LA Kings Projected Lineup vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Byfield – Kopitar – Kempe
Iafallo – Danault – Arvidsson
Fiala – Turcotte – Fagemo
Lemieux – Lizotte – JAD

Anderson – Doughty
Durzi – Roy
Bjornfot – Walker

Copley
Quick

Scratches: Edler, Kupari, Vilardi

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
man that hawks roster.. literally a hodgepodge of other teams' rejects plus kane and toews

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I was always fine with that outcome this season if the younger guys played bigger roles. That’s only partially happened with Spence, Björnfot and Clarke so far not playing much (not expecting all, but 1 of the 3 should be an absolute minimum). The forwards I’m OK with IF QB continues in a bigger role to the end of the season and they get Arty more minutes also, once he’s back.

A mixed bag so far, with Vilardi being the saving grace.
Always time to bring in the youngsters if we fall out of the playoff race. After last season the hope was playoffs and round 2 progress. Expectations are getting crushed mostly because of goal tending falling off. I believe in bringing youngsters into and having them earn their spot a team that is making the playoffs and building. Spence and Bjornfot will be visible fixtures next year as their waiver exemptions vanish. QB and Vil have stepped up and earned it.

Last edited:

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Alex. Please elevate and slay. Create chances with Fiala and Fagemo. Score 2 points. Wreak havoc in all 3 zones.

Lemieux – Lizotte – JAD

Anderson – Doughty
Durzi – Roy
Bjornfot – Walker

Copley
Quick

"Without a morning skate, the below projection is a guesstimate at best."

Reactions: tny760

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Lemieux – Lizotte – JAD

Anderson – Doughty
Durzi – Roy
Bjornfot – Walker

Copley
Quick

Don’t f*** with me.. love that 3rd line