GDT: 2022-23 season game 49 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @4:00pm 1/22/23

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Jesus!
Nothing is ever easy with this team.
Mikey Anderson played a helluva game.
Turcotte was hustling all over the ice, like usual...every time he fell I got scared.
Goalie played well.
that effort is probably contagious

saw more from kupari and fagemo than we've seen all season as a result i think

still frsutrated by tmac though, even though he couldn't call that timeout on the icing, that group was already out on one shift's rest cause he just can't help himself from riding kopitar and danault for no reason

Crazy that you can do that but not call a timeout after an icing
that got an instant whistle too, you could've clocked several more seconds by refusing to touch up for the penalty

like the players are now responsible to know that and not chase down the icing instead of the rules not being stupid?

i can't get over how stupid that is

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think the reason the team improved after Copley got here, was they knew they had to play responsible D in front of a 3rd stringer... someone posted they Copley had significantly lower # of high danger shots on average compared to JQ and Cal.. which confirms the eye test.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I think the reason the team improved after Copley got here, was they knew they had to play responsible D in front of a 3rd stringer... someone posted they Copley had significantly lower # of high danger shots on average compared to JQ and Cal.. which confirms the eye test.
Whatever works, not why!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
As the Kings have said themselves. They don’t want to play like this and lose the offense. They played like a team who didn’t trust their goalie which is why they barely won against a bad team.

I think even I could have gotten the Kings a win in net with how bad the hawks were playing

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
As the Kings have said themselves. They don’t want to play like this and lose the offense. They played like a team who didn’t trust their goalie which is why they barely won against a bad team.

I think even I could have gotten the Kings a win in net with how bad the hawks were playing
The Kings are an average team when. you net out the O, D and G ... on the road, its a decent win.. I think you may be overestimating what this team is capable of. They had a nice string of games, but things average out over time and this is about who they are.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Kings are an average team when. you net out the O, D and G ... on the road, its a decent win.. I think you may be overestimating what this team is capable of. They had a nice string of games, but things average out over time and this is about who they are.
Kings have really good offense.

Bad defense. Sitting out Spence/Clarke for the lulz for edler and Walker lol. They should trade for a LD.

Goaltending there’s no hope. They need to trade.

New coach would be good too .

Reactions: Schrute farms

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
There is another reason Kings have played better with Copley than Quick/Petersen. Copley is a far better puck handler, which helps the team not getting pinned as much in their own zone.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kings have really good offense.

Bad defense. Sitting out Spence/Clarke for the lulz for edler and Walker lol. They should trade for a LD.

Goaltending there’s no hope. They need to trade.

New coach would be good too .
Yes I think the Kings O is contender level. The D is middle of the league if that, and G is close to DFL. That nets out to about what the goal differential is. They are missing 3 good players now which hurts. Edit: i know you know all this, just sayin

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There is another reason Kings have played better with Copley than Quick/Petersen. Copley is a far better puck handler, which helps the team not getting pinned as much in their own zone.
I havent notice it that much but cant be worse than JQ and CP who suck with the puck. Ill keep an eye out next game

Copley could have had a shutout tonight, but the team let him down by making poor decisions towards the end of the game. The team being caught in their own end for almost 2 mins was some dumb hockey.
There was another recent game when the gave up the shutout for him late

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I havent notice it that much but cant be worse than JQ and CP who suck with the puck. Ill keep an eye out next game

There was another recent game when the gave up the shutout for him late
Copley is a pretty good puck handler, as he makes decisions and is more aggressive in that regard than Quick/Petersen. When your goalie can essentially be a 3rd d-man playing the puck, it forces the opponent to alter their forecheck.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Also, how the f***ing f*** does Iaffallo miss that empty netter?

he tried to aim it. you'll miss everytime. he could've just floated a pass to the middle and arvi wouldve had it, but nooooooo....

glad they got the two.

the 2nd line was crap again. another group -3 tonight.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
If you want to elevate someone's trade value, put him with Fiala. Dude just makes stuff happen left and right. Turcotte does not look out of place. If he can stay healthy, I think he can be a difference maker. JAD is playing great and is owning his identity. I don't think there is a place for Grundstrom when he comes back. Who sits when Kaliyev and Moore come back? Probably Fagemo and one of Kupari/Turcotte. Most likely it will be Turcotte. These guys need to take advantage of their opportunities when they come.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just poor shooting from both AI and Arvy on the EN.
I might add that AI/Arvy are not good outside shooters as they both score most of their goals from inside the circles. AI had plenty of time coming down that left wing and Arvy just needed to pull his arms in tighter when he released the shot attempt because of his slightly tight angle.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
yeah, after last night when everone around us got points. good to get a reg win, even if it was 2-1.
It was a good win because it stabilized Copley.. another bad start and crazy stuff could happen like trying to send Copley back through waivers and *shudder* bring up Cal.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2