GDT: 2022-23 season game 47 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 1/19/23

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For $22M I want the leadership that Toews and Kane bring as well. That should be the best thing they are providing at this state of their careers but instead they are mute inanimate objects.
I dunno. Kane and Toews were pretty mute when their teammate was being harassed after being sexually assaulted. And this is when they were still considered cup contenders.

You sure you want their leadership?

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Captain Byng has zero killer instinct. Down 4-0 and he’s chuckling and having a laugh with the vets and goalie on the other team.

Passive leadership combined with a coach who is notorious for coddling vets. No wonder the team is so soft and weak-willed.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Not this again... there was more context to it
So....
Maynard and Pepperidge Farms both remember.....

Has anyone ever seen them both at the same place at the same time?

I dunno. Kane and Toews were pretty mute when their teammate was being harassed after being sexually assaulted. And this is when they were still considered cup contenders.

You sure you want their leadership?
I am promoting you from Pawm to rook

Now

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So....
Maynard and Pepperidge Farms both remember.....

Has anyone ever seen them both at the same place at the same time?

I am promoting you from Pawm to rook

Now
I
will try
from this
point forward

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I agree with Leon as I just am not a fan of his overall game...but come on McDavid?
FWIW, I only saw them live once in Minnesota last season and my excitement turned into absolute disappointment. Both only properly engaged on the PP and whilst McDavid looked great at times 5/5 he wasn’t interested in paying and price to go to the hard areas. Kane was actually more interested in winning than either of them. Kaprisov was by far the best player on the ice because he wanted to win.

It was one game, I know, but probably the most disappointing games I’ve ever been to. I would take McDavid obviously but not with a ‘C’.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If Kopitar was making $8.75M and Dought $9M, the Kings would have been more successful since 2016. Key players would have departed later, better UFAs would have signed, etc. etc.

Everyone loves to claim winning teams have players who slot into their correct roles. But few look at salary distribution as a reason for that being able to happen.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Brown made like 5.5 M, he was never one of the highest paid players in the league. Nobody ever questioned Brown as a leader, it was his on-ice play that cost him the C. I see zero leadership from the $22M twins.

No, it was Sutter. Mike Richards confirmed what many believed.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Kopitar was making $8.75M and Dought $9M, the Kings would have been more successful since 2016. Key players would have departed later, better UFAs would have signed, etc. etc.

Everyone loves to claim winning teams have players who slot into their correct roles. But few look at salary distribution as a reason for that being able to happen.
Crosby is the highest-earning player on the Penguins at $8.7 million. There’s a reason why they’re always in contention.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
It doesn’t help when Lemieux tries to change momentum at the wrong time and takes a dumb penalty doing it. This is where a real power forward type is needed. Go bulldoze someone, retrieve the puck and do it again. And not take a dumb penalty doing it

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

I don't really agree with this, which key players were lost due to salary reasons? Williams maybe, but he seemed more interested in moving back East for family reasons. If we had more cap spaced we'd have probably just used it to resign Lucic......but that would not have worked out.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Can we get the around the league thread back open? I promise we will be good girls 🥹

Gotta feel bad for what’s happening with Bruce in Vancouver. Management over there is embarrassing.
Leave it closed and start fresh.

Too many rustled undies to be recovered from.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
We don't have any structured offensive play or creativity.
Our goals are always lucky deflections or flat out shot into the crowd in front of the goal and then scamble.
As I said, untrue…

Fiala from Kempe (back door) vs Sharks
Kempe from Byfield (power move around net feeding Kempe) vs Sharks
Iaffalo vs Oilers (shot from slot)
Kempe vs Oilers (PPG from stretch pass)
Fiala vs Oilers (PPG from one timer, right circle)
Fiala vs Golden Knights (quick hands following nice feed from Durzi)

That’s without even trying to find examples that make your statement completely wrong, just off the top of my head. Offence is not the issue with this team, I’m certainly not disputing that issues exist, just not the ones you describe. Besides, all teams score a lot of goals in the manner you describe also (deflections and scrambles), especially the good ones.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
As I said, untrue…

Fiala from Kempe (back door) vs Sharks
Kempe from Byfield (power move around net feeding Kempe) vs Sharks
Iaffalo vs Oilers (shot from slot)
Kempe vs Oilers (PPG from stretch pass)
Fiala vs Oilers (PPG from one timer, right circle)
Fiala vs Golden Knights (quick hands following nice feed from Durzi)

That’s without even trying to find examples that make your statement completely wrong, just off the top of my head. Offence is not the issue with this team, I’m certainly not disputing that issues exist, just not the ones you describe. Besides, all teams score a lot of goals in the manner you describe also (deflections and scrambles), especially the good ones.
You pick once in a week examples.
I am talking about sound structured offensive moves on a constant basis.
We haven't seen this since 2014

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
You pick once in a week examples.
I am talking about sound structured offensive moves on a constant basis.
We haven't seen this since 2014
I only went back a week as I could not recall the details of others off the top of my head. You said we didn’t score those sorts of goals, I demonstrated we did. There are plenty of other examples and as Ive said scoring isn’t our issue. Besides no matter how we score each goal counts the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00