GDT: 2022-23 season game 47 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30pm 1/19/23

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I also don't' like the 'long break' excuse like, at all, given the complaints before were about the compacted schedule.

If you can't get it done on moderate rest vs. two teams playing 3-in-4 on the road with their backup goalies in net that's not a scheduling issue. That's a preparation/effort issue.

I guess the good news is everyone systematically sucked from forwards to goalies to D so hopefully the last two games are out of their system or they just might Andy Murray their way thru this road trip into the break.

Byfield has definitely earned more ice time, let's see if he's 4LW next game.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The Good part of Copley's game was his utilizing his size! Tonight he played like he was 3 foot 9 inches tall and I'll bet on a couple of those goals he was closing his eyes,yikes. Kings still have Goaltending concerns
Kings goaltending is trash - 3rd worst save pct in the league - only because Copley has helped it from .880 with his .900 average to pull it off the floor.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He was fine.

He gave up one bad goal.
the bad goal, then a rocket from seguin, lindell's was off copleys shaft bar down.. robertson ramped off durzi stick top shelf.. it was a step up from a Peterson effort but not great. The first goal was brutal.

Imagine paying to watch this live...
I was going to say similar earlier - esp if it was your first game.. just a total cluster.. this was like a typical afternoon egg laying

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
And just like that, we’re only 1 point ahead of Edmonton with the same amount of games played.

This team could just as easily win the division as they could miss the playoffs entirely. There’s almost no chance Colorado misses.

Gonna come down to the wire. If Copley experiences a regression, we will finish in the black hole. No question.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I mean the schedule was bound to slow down for the Kings and everyone else get a chance to catch up, but those other teams are going to have their own tight schedules to contend with. We'll see if they can bounce back. They had a pretty good tear going so a losing streak was inevitable.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Kings goaltending is trash - 3rd worst save pct in the league - only because Copley has helped it from .880 with his .900 average to pull it off the floor.
We are bound to have a bad streak, it happens a few times every season. But man if say Copley comes back to earth and Quick stays retired this might not be a pretty second half of the season. Still a long ways to go but let's just hope any of our Goalies can hold it together and stop a routine shot. Lol.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
We are bound to have a bad streak, it happens a few times every season. But man if say Copley comes back to earth and Quick stays retired this might not be a pretty second half of the season. Still a long ways to go but let's just hope any of our Goalies can hold it together and stop a routine shot. Lol.
I’d be surprised if Blake doesn’t panic trade for a goalie if Copley does fall apart which is likely. He can’t afford to throw this season away.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He was fine.

He gave up one bad goal.
The goals I saw were soft so I believe he gave up 2 bad,soft goals! Maybe its time for Vallalta? Or bring back Petersen and say Good Bye to Quicker.

I’d be surprised if Blake doesn’t panic trade for a goalie if Copley does fall apart which is likely. He can’t afford to throw this season away.
Perhaps the Kings can trade their 1st rounder for a Bob Janecyk type netminder,or maybe a 1st Rounder for a Ron Grahame type

Reactions: KINGS17

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Regardless of last night, the next 4 are all there for the taking. TB and Car at the end of a long road trip, right before a 10 day break? Not expecting much out of those 2 games. But Nas, Chi, Phi, and Fla? Minimum in those 4 games is obviously 4pts, and anything less than 6 is disappointing. They've already left points on the table to Chi and Phi this year though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He couldn't afford to throw last year away either, and all he got was Stecher when he knew Doughty was done for the year.

To be clear I'm not laughing AT you, just seeing that in writing is hilarious

Blake is nothing if not patient and conservative, for better or for worse

Rubber has to hit the highway here soon or we're just gonna end up losing 10* assets for nothing before next year--will be interesting to see what he does

*yes that number is a total ass pull, don't be pedantic

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That first goal is exactly why Copley is not the answer. Not saying Quick or Petersen are the answer's but I feel like unless LA brings someone in Quick or Petersen need to find their games, time is going to quickly run out here with Edmonton surging, Colorado getting healthy, and Calgary schedule is going to get a lot easier.

Team on back to back, resting it's goalie and shutting out the kings is such a familiar script.

I am worried that if Vialrdi could not play after 5 days off his injury maybe more long term. fingers crossed it is not.

He couldn't afford to throw last year away either, and all he got was Stecher when he knew Doughty was done for the year.
this is sole crushingly accurate.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The Kings are now +7 in the 15 games Copley starts.

The Kings are -14 in the other 32 games played when one of Quick or Peterson starts.

I just don't know what to make of this team anymore. When they get stable goaltending and the forwards start clicking, it seems more lightning in a bottle than anything else. They still have all the same problems they had a couple months ago. Horrible coaching and roster management, uneven D, no consistency in forward lines, huge lapses in discipline, lack of identity, etc. etc.

They could make the playoffs for sure and maybe even cause a ruckus in the first round. They do, after all, have an extraordinary collection of forwards. But I think that's as far as this team will ever go under Blake/TMac. I hope they prove me wrong.

Optional morning skate and moving QB down to the third line for no reason at all were just mindblowing decisions from our resident Rhodes Scholar behind the bench.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This Kings team is not as good as their record leads some to believe.

Too many half measures have been taken, and now the reality is...

black-hole-photo-6372-0a62b8d7d1c914b324edb609568d4977@1x.jpg

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
This Kings team is not as good as their record leads some to believe.

Too many half measures have been taken, and now the reality is...

black-hole-photo-6372-0a62b8d7d1c914b324edb609568d4977@1x.jpg
I think they are good when clicking.

Not an excuse but they were without three key forwards. They are pretty deep upfront all thing considered.

The league is strange, getting in can lead to a run. They likely aren't a Cup team but I want to see what they can do if they can get in.

Won't they have a miniscule chance at Bedard if they don't or is there a limit on how far you can move up this year?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think they are good when clicking.

Not an excuse but they were without three key forwards. They are pretty deep upfront all thing considered.

The league is strange, getting in can lead to a run. They likely aren't a Cup team but I want to see what they can do if they can get in.

Won't they have a miniscule chance at Bedard if they don't or is there a limit on how far you can move up this year?
I have heard this one before. It is the road to a fan's perdition.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Unfortunately this team has that club in their bag. They aren't ready to contend.

I will stick to this point because its the single biggest issue preventing them from making the biggest step forward: comradery and accountability are not mutually exclusive. The veterans here do not inspire accountability from the new additions to the roster. They may all get along, they may be good role models, but that is passive leadership. Proactive leadership coalesces parts to achieve a greater whole. The remaining Cup core vets needed that to come in from the outside in order to win, its not something that they have to offer to the kids.

The talent may improve, flashy new additions may look great, but nothing will change until somebody else takes charge and pushes the old out. Best way to do so is to take lumps now while preparing for what should be a very bright future, not slapping a pair of augmentations on an old body.

That's what this team is now - a 48 year old party girl who spends tons of money on clothes and plastic surgery to try and fool someone into thinking its in its prime. Looks promising until you get closer, then you realize its a sad mess that needs a hug and an honest look in the mirror more than it needs new stars.

Last year they got Danault and Arvidsson botox injections, then they spent the college fund on a Fiala facelift, now they want to a pair of 38DDD Chychruns.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad