GDT: 2022-23 season game 36 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:30pm 12/22/22

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Pretty evenly matched teams. Good game, good win, glad to see Juice getting some of his swagger back. Gabe looked pretty good too, was making stuff happen and looked to have a jolt of confidence. Kings are tied for 7th in the league in points and 14th in points percentage, not to mention 5th in goals for (and 5th-worst in goals against).

Overall happy with this game, but as a general theme of the season, it's unsurprising that Durzi is last in +/-, and surprising that the trio of Arvidsson, Danault, and Moore are just behind him. Walker and Grundstrom round out the bottom six.

Kings are now the hottest team in the Western Conference.

Danault has been trying to get his points too much this season, and his defense has suffered. Bad reads and pinches have burned his line a lot.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Danault has been trying to get his points too much this season, and his defense has suffered. Bad reads and pinches have burned his line a lot.
That 3rd goal was on DD, chasing behind the net, going too slow and getting dusted.
The second goal was a total screen.
The first goal would have been a nice save.
The Flames found an angle of attack, no details given here, from me, but it forced Copley to scramble a bit.
If we could get Quick on track with a W , and a good performance in AZ going into the holiday break.
We will have some wheels spinning before we get some rest and come back and face Las Gaygas.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'd like to see a line of vilardi Kopitar fiala

I would make a few changes to our lineup but that isn't one of them. I'd call up Byfield, Turcotte, and Bjornfot and roll these lines:

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Turcotte - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Edler - Roy

Copley
Quick

Yes, that means sitting Durzi, Grundstrom, JAD, and Walker (and waiving one of them actually, my vote's for Walker), but I think that's the best lineup we can currently ice right now. I'd love to see Durzi traded for an upgrade over Edler. Soucy probably isn't going anywhere at this point, but maybe a guy like Gavrikov or Edmundson?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I would make a few changes to our lineup but that isn't one of them. I'd call up Byfield, Turcotte, and Bjornfot and roll these lines:

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Edler - Roy

Copley
Quick

Yes, that means sitting Durzi, Grundstrom, JAD, and Walker (and waiving one of them actually, my vote's for Walker), but I think that's the best lineup we can currently ice right now. I'd love to see Durzi traded for an upgrade over Edler. Soucy probably isn't going anywhere at this point, but maybe a guy like Gavrikov or Edmundson?
I know you're theorizing but dont forget Lemieux has come off IR which prob means Kupari back down.. and no room for Turcotte or Byfield without waiving someone or putting Kaliyev down there... unless im missing something... edit: mean to say i agree on the d-pairs 100%

Reactions: mysterman2

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I know you're theorizing but dont forget Lemieux has come off IR which prob means Kupari back down.. and no room for Turcotte or Byfield without waiving someone or putting Kaliyev down there... unless im missing something... edit: mean to say i agree on the d-pairs 100%
I wanna see GV at C but I wouldn't change anything right now.
TMaxc just like Fox did not like GV trying to hot dog too much at the blue line with a one goal lead.
Scratch Pepe, start Quick.
Kupari eventually goes back down and the other 2 stay down until injuries or losses.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Edler - Roy

Copley
Quick

You would call Byfield up right now? He's doing great down there.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I wanna see GV at C but I wouldn't change anything right now.
TMaxc just like Fox did not like GV trying to hot dog too much at the blue line with a one goal lead.
Scratch Pepe, start Quick.
Kupari eventually goes back down and the other 2 stay down until injuries or losses.
I didnt listen to postgame.. assuming he mentioned that? Vilardi was great.. he's trying to get his mojo (trademark) notice I couldnt use tm there so as not to confuse the audience. He doesnt need to ride him hard. if you're gonna give Durzi 2nd pairing where he produces a brain fart every single shift, you gotta give GV some space. Next time TM whiteboards him on the bench GV should steal the sharpie and draw koala ears on his head

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I know you didnt ask me.. but I agree leave QB down there... let him continue to impress and hopefully hide from goons... Kings are log jammed at forward dont really need anyone at the moment.

Reactions: Cianide

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Fiala - Kopitar - Kempe

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Spence
Edler - Roy

Copley
Quick

Until someone replaces Durzi ability to score and make plays on the pp, he's not going anywhere. I'm talking this moment, not in the future 6 months to years, today. Spence has a good future , but not today. You can't move Durzi only to hope this other guy can step in and fill his spot. Spence struggled when he was up here this season.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

I would be fine waiving Walker and either one of Grundstrom or JAD and sending Kupari down.

Yes, he is. Would love for him to take that momentum and translate it into a productive season in the NHL. Playing next to Iafallo and Vilardi again will hopefully keep that train rolling. I’m not interested in AHL scrubs taking dirty runs at our top prospects anymore.

Reactions: psych3man

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Until someone replaces Durzi ability to score and make plays on the pp, he's not going anywhere. I'm talking this moment, not in the future 6 months to years, today. Spence has a good future , but not today. You can't move Durzi only to hope this other guy can step in and fill his spot. Spence struggled when he was up here this season.
What good is Durzi if he’s a net negative? His season is indicative of the Kings this year: His scoring isn’t outpacing his defensive shortcomings. Fine, keep Durzi over Spence this year and shelter his even strength and penalty kill minutes. I still think he should be trade bait.

I know you didnt ask me.. but I agree leave QB down there... let him continue to impress and hopefully hide from goons... Kings are log jammed at forward dont really need anyone at the moment.

This is why he shouldn’t be down there.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
What good is Durzi if he’s a net negative? His season is indicative of the Kings this year: His scoring isn’t outpacing his defensive shortcomings. Fine, keep Durzi over Spence this year and shelter his even strength and penalty kill minutes. I still think he should be trade bait.

This is why he shouldn’t be down there.
Yeah it worries me too.. But I like that he's doing things down there... like tonite carried the puck through the whole team and dished it to Turcotte - while up here he was losing the puck every other stick handle. There are just no spots for him at the center.. except the 4th line...I dont think Koala will demote Lizotte to 4th

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
At this moment in time you don’t mess with the forwards other than moving Kupari, Grundstrom, Lemieux in and out of the lineup. They’re 5th in goals scored, forwards are fine, unless you want to focus more on defense and tighten things up.

The big tweaks/adjustments need to come on the blue line and in net. But the problem is that would require a trade most likely.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That 3rd goal was on DD, chasing behind the net, going too slow and getting dusted.
The second goal was a total screen.
The first goal would have been a nice save.
The Flames found an angle of attack, no details given here, from me, but it forced Copley to scramble a bit.
If we could get Quick on track with a W , and a good performance in AZ going into the holiday break.
We will have some wheels spinning before we get some rest and come back and face Las Gaygas.

No, that 3rd goal was 100% on Danault, he was puck watching, completely lost his man.....

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Bjornfot/Walker should be playing in lieu of Durzi. He makes too many bone headed mistakes and has pretty much stopped contributing offensively, which defeats the purpose of having him in the lineup. Though I'm sure we won't see any changes considering their winning record as of late...

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Durzis defense is bad and you simply have to hope the offense covers for it. To use EA Sports Hockey Ratings as an example...

Durzi is 80 offense and 20 Defense.
Walker is 60 offense and 40 Defense.

Walkers play has steadily improved and can hope that is due to injury recovery and confidence I was critical earlier in the year but since the Boston game he had performed admirably. That said as well- Durzi is always going to be a liability defensively.

Was nice to see Vilardi back in the groove...hes like a young John Leclair with that combo of size and skill.

Super happy with the win but even Jim Fox pointed out last night- call a Time Out Coach. Everyone could see Kings were scrambling and Flames were pressing. A Time Out to regroup and rest may mean Kings hold onto win in Regulation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00