GDT: 2022-23 season game 36 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:30pm 12/22/22

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Don't look now but the Kings are suddenly on a 98-point pace. What a difference 9 days and new coach makes!

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The new Danault line has a real playoff vibe to it. Would love to see Arvidsson continue to play with a kid or two, he takes so much of the puck carrying pressure off and allows them to regularly play below the circles.

Edler was fantastic last night.

For years it has been very difficult for skilled forwards to adapt to Anze, but the opposite has been happening this year - Kopitar has adapted to Fiala instead of the other way around. His sights were off last night, but its been a long, long time since Kopitar had so many quality looks at net.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
The new Danault line has a real playoff vibe to it. Would love to see Arvidsson continue to play with a kid or two, he takes so much of the puck carrying pressure off and allows them to regularly play below the circles.

For years it has been very difficult for skilled forwards to adapt to Anze, but the opposite has been happening this year - Kopitar has adapted to Fiala instead of the other way around. His sights were off last night, but its been a long, long time since Kopitar had so many quality looks at net.
Kopitar was trying to get open instead of being the puck carrier playing the perimeter. He got a lot of looks and if he stays playing that kind of game hell rack up goals. He also will benefit from less fatigue as the season gets deeper.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal

This group of forwards maybe the best Kings have had since 2014 and agreed...Arvi with the kids in a net gain no pun intended. For sure Edler was solid....certainly the most physical game in a Kings sweater. Jealous of the flames and the size they have on D...makes me wish Edler was 10 years younger.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Blowing a multi goal lead late in the 3rd makes the win feel a bit icky.

That said, I did like that the Kings came out in the game and played with some energy. So many times in the past few years we've seen LA come out flat at home, especially against divisional opponents.

Also, nice to see Vilardi looking dangerous again.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Imagine how many more points they may have had if he knew when to take the occasional time out and didnt play his worst defensive dman on the PK.
If they didn't play Cal they would be 6 points closer to the Intramural Left-handed Beer League Badminton semi-finals.

Reactions: mysterman2

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
You ability to turn a reasonable observation into an over the top absurdity is a gift. Dont change Pony Boy.
Wait, I'm absurd?? I don't remember being one of the mental cases calling for the coach's head and giving up on the season 9 days ago. L.....O......L

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did Darryl get work down? He doesn't look as old.

The closer he is to the farm the younger he looks,, it's the source of his power

Pretty evenly matched teams. Good game, good win, glad to see Juice getting some of his swagger back. Gabe looked pretty good too, was making stuff happen and looked to have a jolt of confidence. Kings are tied for 7th in the league in points and 14th in points percentage, not to mention 5th in goals for (and 5th-worst in goals against).

Overall happy with this game, but as a general theme of the season, it's unsurprising that Durzi is last in +/-, and surprising that the trio of Arvidsson, Danault, and Moore are just behind him. Walker and Grundstrom round out the bottom six.

Kings are now the hottest team in the Western Conference.

Yeah on one hand it fits my 'theme' for why I'm so grumpy despite the streak--coughing up a 2 goal lead at home in the third is just gross and winning the skills competition spit shines it a bit but the issues are still the issues.

On the other, I'm going to say they took baby steps forward outside that and just enjoy it. They beat a divisional opponent in a tightly-matched game...I don't think Calgary is as bad as their record, we should be beating on each other. Kings generated some GREAT looks and couldn't finish, and maybe they got a little luck with posts too, but in a tight game that happens. It's a small step forward and the first four-game streak of the season so progress is progress even if it's slight. It's a non-lottery opponent who we match up poorly against (size) IN division and for the most part the checking on both sides was unreal for a lot of the night, no space for anyone yet both teams were making smart plays. It's nice to see the Kings CAN play that game at large so again, I'll take the night as a positive (unless we lose to AZ tonight then I reserve the right to play my whine like a little bitch card).

Blowing a multi goal lead late in the 3rd makes the win feel a bit icky.

That said, I did like that the Kings came out in the game and played with some energy. So many times in the past few years we've seen LA come out flat at home, especially against divisional opponents.

Also, nice to see Vilardi looking dangerous again.

Yeah they went toe to toe with physical play and didn't back down, love to see it. How many dudes did Zadorov murder? Yet, Lizotte is in there cold shouldering dudes twice his size to the ground.

Hope that wasn't a one off. But glad to see they can bring it because that's what it will take.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The closer he is to the farm the younger he looks,, it's the source of his power

Yeah on one hand it fits my 'theme' for why I'm so grumpy despite the streak--coughing up a 2 goal lead at home in the third is just gross and winning the skills competition spit shines it a bit but the issues are still the issues.

On the other, I'm going to say they took baby steps forward outside that and just enjoy it. They beat a divisional opponent in a tightly-matched game...I don't think Calgary is as bad as their record, we should be beating on each other. Kings generated some GREAT looks and couldn't finish, and maybe they got a little luck with posts too, but in a tight game that happens. It's a small step forward and the first four-game streak of the season so progress is progress even if it's slight. It's a non-lottery opponent who we match up poorly against (size) IN division and for the most part the checking on both sides was unreal for a lot of the night, no space for anyone yet both teams were making smart plays. It's nice to see the Kings CAN play that game at large so again, I'll take the night as a positive (unless we lose to AZ tonight then I reserve the right to play my whine like a little bitch card).

Yeah they went toe to toe with physical play and didn't back down, love to see it. How many dudes did Zadorov murder? Yet, Lizotte is in there cold shouldering dudes twice his size to the ground.

Hope that wasn't a one off. But glad to see they can bring it because that's what it will take.

In all that.....did you just say you ENJOYED a game??

Reactions: Statto

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
this is arguably my favorite Bill Murray movie of all time and maybe one of my top 10 comedies. Him and Dreyfuss didnt like each other- and it shows.
Yeah, it's a great movie. Not sure if I'd put it in top 10 (Zucker Brothers movies like Airplane, Top Secret, Naked Gun, Brain Donors are up there. Then there are Mel Brooks films). I get some don't like slapstick, but I love them.

Easily in my top 20 though. Removing slapstick it would be in my top 10.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
dont be afraid to say Whitey Widing
5c3a36b9-0b29-42da-afd3-e5b369040bf4_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad