GDT: 2022-23 season game 36 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:30pm 12/22/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FkmoZZUUoAEcjFY

Calgary Flames (15-12-6, 36pts, 5th in Pacific)@ Los Angeles Kings(18-12-5, 41pts, 2nd in Pacific)
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

REGULAR SEASON STATS
c1nXsRq.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings
bvGtkZp.png

HGlcTkP.png

phzMZGc.png

KcElvz0.png

Scratched: Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, Samuel Fagemo
Covid: N/A
Injured: Brendan Lemieux

:flames
6fT4Ha1.png

o083Rip.png

Injuries: Oliver Kylington, Radim Zohorna
Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Two teams that have had somewhat similar seasons IMO.

Both had better than expected seasons last year. Both coaches got lots of praise last year. Both teams made significant move(s) in the offseason. Both teams have had inconsistent up and down seasons thus far.

I really think Calgary handicapped themselves for the rest of this decade with the moves they made this summer.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Two teams that have had somewhat similar seasons IMO.

Both had better than expected seasons last year. Both coaches got lots of praise last year. Both teams made significant move(s) in the offseason. Both teams have had inconsistent up and down seasons thus far.

I really think Calgary handicapped themselves for the rest of this decade with the moves they made this summer.

I don't know about that. Calgary has been good one year, shit the next for what 6 years now? Very odd. I think Calgary has had a similar season to LA's last year. Lots of injuries on the blue line, but hanging around wild card.

No doubt the deals with Kadri and Hubes could look very bad at the end. Especially Kadri given Calgary gave up a first with Monahan just to clear the space. That first was expected to be a low first, but Florida has had a crap year, and this is expected to be a very good draft.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Anyone heard from or seen Quick? At what point do we need to file a missing persons report?

If you're going to wear tight shirts, do some pushups man. Looks like that dude from the Fashionable Male.

Back to back games, we'll see him in ARZ tomorrow.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
This is where the record meets the knife. How many 4 game win streaks this year? 0, I believe. I was real happy how the Kings played against these guys last time. They will stoking the flames to burn us down and Sutter always hold the skates to the fire. We saw last year it took the Kings a while to get going after big additions of Danaault and Arvy. Flames could find the optimal combos and be strong in the back half of the season into the playoffs.
This is easily the most important game of the season with a season high streak on the line.
Little nervous about Copper being scouted by now and also riding his career high start streak. But you gotta go with the fire extinguisher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Once again- Kings rolling with season high 4 in a row....dont mess with the roster! Stability and continuity are critical. Hope the Kings win obviously but not a roster decision I would agree with.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Flames look healthy. Kings look like a team who can be -7 goal differential and 2nd in their division.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Wait. That lineup indicates not just Lizotte on the 3rd line but Vilardi on the 4th?
Todd.
Plus of course the obligatory, mandatory, never ever different 2nd pair of offhand Durzi-Roy. This hybrid creature reminds me of the collection of Ripley clone failures from Alien Resurrection.

Reactions: YAYSAY

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Eh, Spence hasn't been fantastic or anything in his two games. He has the worst CF% Rel, the worst SF% Rel and worst xGF% Rel, while having the highest Ozone start%. To add to that it's really not even close, for example he has a -14.01 xGF% Rel, while Durzi has the second worst at -3.79%. He has put those up while having the highest ozone start percentage, again this one is not even close either.

I know he is young and we do need some prospects to take over, but the management clearly is focused on winning and Spence has some pretty bad underlying numbers.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Eh, Spence hasn't been fantastic or anything in his two games. He has the worst CF% Rel, the worst SF% Rel and worst xGF% Rel, while having the highest Ozone start%. To add to that it's really not even close, for example he has a -14.01 xGF% Rel, while Durzi has the second worst at -3.79%. He has put those up while having the highest ozone start percentage, again this one is not even close either.

I know he is young and we do need some prospects to take over, but the management clearly is focused on winning and Spence has some pretty bad underlying numbers.
What do we expect when he sat out the first 1/3 of the season? And more importantly, has Walker been anything worthy of his replacement? He’s been awful most of they year but another guy only gets one or two games? Weird to say the least.

Reactions: Statto

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Those underlying numbers are based on a two-game sample size. Two games against bottom-feeder teams where EVERYONE looked better and will have good analytics.

Do you think Walker would have done better? Should we look at some of Walker's underlying numbers?

Reactions: tbrown33

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Those underlying numbers are based on a two-game sample size. Two games against bottom-feeder teams where EVERYONE looked better and will have good analytics.

Do you think Walker would have done better? Should we look at some of Walker's underlying numbers?

Walker has better underlying numbers than Spence, he actually has a positive CF% Rel, but his xGF% Rel is negative. Again, it is a small sample size, but that sample was pretty bad relatively. It wasn't like he came out and looked like the best player on the blue line, so it's not overly shocking that they are easing him in.

What do we expect when he sat out the first 1/3 of the season? And more importantly, has Walker been anything worthy of his replacement? He’s been awful most of they year but another guy only gets one or two games? Weird to say the least.

Walker has had better underlying numbers, that is for sure. Again, the Kings are straddling a development/competing path and it makes decisions difficult to understand sometimes.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Walker has better underlying numbers than Spence, he actually has a positive CF% Rel, but his xGF% Rel is negative. Again, it is a small sample size, but that sample was pretty bad relatively. It wasn't like he came out and looked like the best player on the blue line, so it's not overly shocking that they are easing him in.

Walker has had better underlying numbers, that is for sure. Again, the Kings are straddling a development/competing path and it makes decisions difficult to understand sometimes.
Of course Walker has “better” numbers. When you’ve only played 2 games a couple bad shifts and you look like Randy Jones’ pet monkey with cerebral palsy. Imagine if you judged Vilardi by his last three weeks. Dude should be jettisoned to the Uzbekistan rec league, right?

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

👍

💦

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3