GDT: 2022-23 season game 35 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30pm 12/20/22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Playing with Kupari and JAD in ~14 minutes vs. playing with Iafallo/Byfield or Kopitar/Kempe 17-18 minutes will do that to a guy.
I don't think it's just that. He's not playing as well.

Certainly his pace was unsustainable, and it's unrealistic to think he could keep it up, but I'd like to see him buzzing around out there, and he's just not. He's back to looking slow again.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
@All The Kings Men Unless a trade is made why is the consensus been that Clarke will be back in LA by most pundits I’ve heard?

Kings are finally just now putting Spence in, where does Clarke fit? My guess is they send him back down to the OHL and tell him to go after a memorial cup.

I don't think it's just that. He's not playing as well.

Certainly his pace was unsustainable, and it's unrealistic to think he could keep it up, but I'd like to see him buzzing around out there, and he's just not. He's back to looking slow again.
I’m pissed he is not with Kopi. Honestly I’d like to see him with Danault and Moore even. Just what to do with Kempe?

Really want to see that AI/QB/GV line back together. Just rounds out the top 9.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
@All The Kings Men Unless a trade is made why is the consensus been that Clarke will be back in LA by most pundits I’ve heard?

Kings are finally just now putting Spence in, where does Clarke fit? My guess is they send him back down to the OHL and tell him to go after a memorial cup.
Cus people make stuff up and then other people hear that made up stuff, don't verify and just repeat it then other people repeat that and then other people repeat that etc etc etc

I'm not gonna go around throwing people under the bus but I'll tell you I consume a BUNCH of LA Kings media and I rarely see most of the people that generate that content at the practices, morning skates, postgame locker room scrums etc

I happen to know at least two of Elliotte Friedman's "LA Kings sources" and I know how frequently the opinions expressed in that arena are of the "fairly creative extrapolation" variety.

I have no idea what they'll do with Clarke after the WJC but sometimes you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I have no idea what they'll do with Clarke after the WJC but sometimes you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
We are all in the dark about where they'll do with Clarke. Will they bury him in Barrie or will they field a d-corps of all right handed players. Or might they bide their time until February 9, when he old enough play with Quinton in the A.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
And I want to be perfectly clear... I'm not criticizing people for not showing up to every practice, game, morning skate etc

I work for the team. I live around the corner. It's incredibly easy for me to do and I didn't do it when it wasn't as easy.

Just saying be honest about your level of expertise. I frequently use the phrase "I'm just a fan with a mic" despite the fact that (and I always assume this is obvious) I think of myself as far more informed than just a random fan. What I don't want is for anyone to ever say "Well Jesse Cohen said the Kings will do this" or "Well Jesse said that player is that" and then have it take off because having been inside the machine for a few years now I can tell you the definitive statements that get made around here are RARELY as definitive as they may seem.

I'm sure everybody here has been to a dinner or a party or a meeting where every other person involved had a totally different recollection of the event.

I'm rambling for no reason.

Ignore me and enjoy your holidays.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Cus people make stuff up and then other people hear that made up stuff, don't verify and just repeat it then other people repeat that and then other people repeat that etc etc etc

I'm not gonna go around throwing people under the bus but I'll tell you I consume a BUNCH of LA Kings media and I rarely see most of the people that generate that content at the practices, morning skates, postgame locker room scrums etc

I happen to know at least two of Elliotte Friedman's "LA Kings sources" and I know how frequently the opinions expressed in that arena are of the "fairly creative extrapolation" variety.

Just goes to show how much of the stuff we hear in the media is BS.

My guess is we don't see Clarke in LA again until next season.

I’m pissed he is not with Kopi. Honestly I’d like to see him with Danault and Moore even. Just what to do with Kempe?

Really want to see that AI/QB/GV line back together. Just rounds out the top 9.
The way GV as playing early in the year I think he was going to score regardless of who he played with.

I predict we'll see AI-QB-GV again together at some point.

Reactions: LAKings88

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Hi , I am a psychic NHL expert that does not need to attend any Kings function. The Kings will further evaluate Clarke at the WJC and send him to the OHL afterwards. It is written in the stars and the collective bargaining agreement.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Just goes to show how much of the stuff we hear in the media is BS.

My guess is we don't see Clarke in LA again until next season.
Might we see him in Ontario after his 20th bday in Feb? I havent heard anyone discuss this possibility. Like after WJC he's keeps practicing with the Kings and scratched until Feb 9 he goes to the Reign

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Might we see him in Ontario after his 20th bday in Feb? I havent heard anyone discuss this possibility. Like after WJC he's keeps practicing with the Kings and scratched until Feb 9 he goes to the Reign
I'm not sure that's how that works.

I haven't been able to find a copy of the CHL-NHL transfer agreement anywhere but I believe your "age" in any given season is locked in at the start of the season not your given age at any particular point during the season.

Someone please correct me if that's not the case.

Reactions: Statto

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I'm not sure that's how that works.

I haven't been able to find a copy of the CHL-NHL transfer agreement anywhere but I believe your "age" in any given season is locked in at the start of the season not your given age at any particular point during the season.

Someone please correct me if that's not the case.
Thanks for looking into it... my guess is you're right otherwise it would be chaos guys bailing their OHL teams mid season.. but last time I read about it, it looked like a loophole to me.. because it just said the age being 20 in some article I found (not the actual CHL/NHL agreement)

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
And I want to be perfectly clear... I'm not criticizing people for not showing up to every practice, game, morning skate etc

I work for the team. I live around the corner. It's incredibly easy for me to do and I didn't do it when it wasn't as easy.

Just saying be honest about your level of expertise. I frequently use the phrase "I'm just a fan with a mic" despite the fact that (and I always assume this is obvious) I think of myself as far more informed than just a random fan. What I don't want is for anyone to ever say "Well Jesse Cohen said the Kings will do this" or "Well Jesse said that player is that" and then have it take off because having been inside the machine for a few years now I can tell you the definitive statements that get made around here are RARELY as definitive as they may seem.

I'm sure everybody here has been to a dinner or a party or a meeting where every other person involved had a totally different recollection of the event.

I'm rambling for no reason.

Ignore me and enjoy your holidays.
Thank you for this and all you do.

You and I have discussed this before, but I keep coming back to:
If no one ever asks any hard questions on a regular basis (and many of these questions are obvious) how do we fans have any choice but to use the minimal data before us to try to come to logical conclusions and suggestions?...

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Thank you for this and all you do.

You and I have discussed this before, but I keep coming back to:
If no one ever asks any hard questions on a regular basis (and many of these questions are obvious) how do we fans have any choice but to use the minimal data before us to try to come to logical conclusions and suggestions?...

Well first off you guys don't have to thank me. I get paid. I'm incredibly lucky. In fact I experience a weird form of survivors guilt over it.

BUT to your point...

I would say there's no problem in using the minimal data to try and come to the logical conclusions EXCEPT sometimes there is loads of data you DON'T have so I would argue it's not logical to even try to come to a conclusion when you know you don't have all the data.

It's sort of hard, if not impossible, to know when you know everything and when you don't.

Some examples... in 2017 the team waived Jeff Zatkoff in February. I said they'll be bringing Quick back or trading for another goalie because if Zatkoff got claimed they would have been left with only Budaj. Untenable. I was ASSURED by Insiders(TM) that Quick wouldn't be returning for a few more weeks and that I was mistaken.

Well I think it was the next day they activated Quick and then like two days later they traded for Bishop.

I didn't know that was going to happen but I knew that if Zatkoff was claimed they would be screwed and nobody would do that to themselves.

But I could have been wrong.

During this past offseason and training camp, people started talking about the timeline for Arvidsson's return. To the best of my knowledge only one person ever gave any kind of "official" timeline for his return and then it just got repeated and repeated etc etc etc etc and then people started talking about Fagemo or Vilardi as potential replacements and talked about the audition process, made projected lineups... it was a whole thing.

Meanwhile I was there every day in training camp watching Arvidsson practice with Danault and Moore. He missed the first couple days of camp I think but by the end of camp it was perfectly clear that he would be i the lineup on opening night. That data was out there but nobody was factoring it into the conversation because the conversation had already gathered momentum. Arvidsson was GOING to miss time in the regular season. It was KNOWN. Unless you were actually watching practice.

So I dunno man. This is like the sixth attempt my me to answer this question without saying something I regret.

I have to get ready for the game tonight.

I'll include the audio from McLellan answering a direct question about Byfield in tonight's pregame show.

ON THE LA KINGS iHEART RADIO AUDIO NETWORK

Feel free to call in

877-KINGS-20 that's 877-KINGS-20

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
And then RIGHT As I finish that the email comes in that Lemieux has been activated off IR which only is relevant because like three days ago someone at practice asked me what I thought the timline was and I said "in the next 10 days" because I was WATCHING PRACTICE And paying attention and then I'm driving home from the Ducks game listening to fans talk to other fans and someone says "hey *NAME REDACTED* when is Lemieux coming back? and *NAME REDACTED* is like "oh gosh I dunno like maybe in a couple weeks or something I heard he was skating" and I'm screaming "DUDE HE WAS SKATING WITH THE TEAM THIS MORNING. HE'S OUT OF NON-CONTACT STATUS"

The information is frequently out there. I get that it's hard to have all the information all the time. My frustration occurs when people present opinions on topics without the benefit of information when it's perfectly clear minimal effort was put into acquiring that information.

I know it's boring but it's really ok to just say you don't know. I don't know way more stuff than I do know.

OK rant over this time...

Reactions: tny760

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln