GDT: 2022-23 season game 31 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @3:00pm 12/11/22

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Look, Quick should be playing 30 games. But Rob bent over for Cal’s agent. So we’re stuck with Copley as the true #1 G. It’s not Quick’s fault.

As fans, we’re stuck with clowns in charge who would rather lose winnable games due to mismanagement than lose face by facing reality.
It was really dumb that Blake had Quick at $5.8 million and then gave a young unproven Petersen $5 million per year. Now, you are paying $10.8 million for bad goaltending. No team was gonna pay Petersen $5 million per year. If anything, Blake should have gave Petersen a bridge deal, like 2 years @ $2 million per year. I feel Blake just ignored Bill Ranford's recommendation, because I just couldn't see Ranford saying to Blake that Petersen was ready to be a #1 goalie.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It was really dumb that Blake had Quick at $5.8 million and then gave a young unproven Petersen $5 million per year. Now, you are paying $10.8 million for bad goaltending. No team was gonna pay Petersen $5 million per year. If anything, Blake should have gave Petersen a bridge deal, like 2 years @ $2 million per year. I feel Blake just ignored Bill Ranford's recommendation, because I just couldn't see Ranford saying to Blake that Petersen was ready to be a #1 goalie.
Me either.. Ranford is savvy by all accounts.. i would love to know the back story on that contract decision.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Petersen was gaining altitude when he signed and it looked like a good flight but he has since D.B. Coopered out of the plane and has yet to pull the rip cord, and disappeared.
Better be some yelling in that room because most of the organization is in danger of being shipped to snow country.
GM's will be asking for Kaliyev, Danault and line even Kopi, Kempe, Villardi, Fiala and DD, and even , gasp, Durzi.
Dont do it Uncle Rob!

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Don’t get me wrong as I absolutely hate our defense.

Walker - waive him. - small and useless
Edler - no better than a 7th D at this point
Durzi - has never met his own goalie.

Getting rid of all three is addition by subtraction. Yes I know Durzi can score but trade him for a need and call up Spence who plays a better over all game.

Top pairing - Doughty is still top pairing talent but needs a silicate skilled guy with him that runs the offense while Drew can play a more defensive roll as he still has a great read if the game. Need to reduce two minutes a night off his shoulders.

Anderson I like but he is a second line #4 guy. He would be a great partner to bring in Clarke next year.

Roy would look awesome next to a Chychrun type. He however cannot cover subpar partners.

Moverare - I would be playing this guy on the bottom pairing. He is not quick but always in the right position.

Bjornfot does nothing for me at this point. He is not a defensive guy, not an offensive, not a physical guy. He is still young and improving.

I see no identity on our Defence.

Doughy - Anderson
Roy - Bjornfot
Durzi - Moverare
Edler

Best I can do with the players we have up and at our disposal.

Next year Need at least two big physical guys. I think offence comes off right side with Spence and Clarke coming up.

Gives us trade bait in Durzi, Roy, and Bjornfot for two big left shot anchors

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Swap Gabe to C. Lines one and 2 are set.

Why is line 2 set? Why can't we split them up? Call up Byfield and make a big change.

Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Kempe - Danault - Kaliyev
Moore - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Iafallo - Anderson-Dolan - Fagemo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Man what the f*** has happened to Kempes speed? He’s never been fast this season
That's been bothering me for awhile. His best attributes are his shot, and his skating but you rarely see him use either anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad