GDT: 2022-23 season game 31 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @3:00pm 12/11/22

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Quick is playing way too aggressive. 1st goal was an ill-advised pass through the middle, but Quick terribly overplayed his angle and took himself out the play. On the 2nd goal, yes the PK has been mostly awful, but Quick looked unsure on his angling. He is only 6 ft tall and was playing small even on that tipped goal. I hate the say it, but Copley looks more controlled in his movements while Quick is playing with too much acrobatics.
Yeah and he’s not adjusting his over aggressive habits with the terrible defense. He makes the defense look worse than they are and the defense makes him look worse than he is. It’s just an awful combination.

The defense and him are both just bad at this point.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Imagine being Blake, watching this shit, and thinking to yourself “this is fine.”
7E2367CA-1C6B-457B-9A1F-122665768821.jpeg

Does this man look like he does much thinking ?

He looks like the kind of man who hires the coach who got reverse swept

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Our best defensemen are Bjornfot and Anderson, and they’re 21 and 23, respectively.

Ditch Roy, Edler, and Walker. Maybe even Drew if we can trade him.

Bjornfot - Spence
Anderson - Clarke
Moverare - Durzi

Reactions: kenito7 and Telos

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah and he’s not adjusting his over aggressive habits with the terrible defense. He makes the defense look worse than they are and the defense makes him look worse than he is. It’s just an awful combination.

The defense and him are both just bad at this point.
It's why his save % is so awful. I think in the short term Copley deserves more starts than Quick.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I wonder if you can od on excess lactic acid in your muscles..Edler by the 3rd will be on blood thinners
He got on blood thinners likely after warm ups lol.
It's why his save % is so awful. I think in the short term Copley deserves more starts than Quick.
Copley plays much more conservatively which is why he is a much better fit for a shitty defense

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Our best defensemen are Bjornfot and Anderson, and they’re 21 and 23, respectively.

Bjornfot - Spence
Anderson - Clarke
Moverare - Durzi
I wouldn't mind seeing

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Durzi
Moverare/Edler - Spence

When Drew returns eventually since we know they won't play Clarke. Impossible knowing they won't get rid of Roy and/or Walker, but I think that would look and work a lot better than what we currently have.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

Bjornfot - Spence
Anderson - Clarke
Moverare - Durzi
That may be the worst Defence ever iced by the Kings

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Look, Quick should be playing 30 games. But Rob bent over for Cal’s agent. So we’re stuck with Copley as the true #1 G. It’s not Quick’s fault.

As fans, we’re stuck with clowns in charge who would rather lose winnable games due to mismanagement than lose face by facing reality.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This team is like a country line dance -- one step forward, one step back

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
That may be the worst Defence ever iced by the Kings
The fact of the matter is the entire d-corps is a cluster f top to bottom. If we want to compare with the top teams its like: top pair (missing LD, missing RD), 2nd pair (mikeyAndo, DD), 3rd pair (bjornfot, spence or durzi)... everyone else is filler.. you could make a case for Roy on the 3rd pair - but there are cheaper options. If you want to debate if 1 of DD or MikeyA is top pair, fine.. but together its not a top pairing.

Reactions: funky

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I am big Quick fan but after McKenna's analysis, opening my eyes to his style being outdated and figured out, it could be best not to resign him despite Petersens follies. I would lock Copley up fast not quick. Otherwise he could build more, costs more, may wait until the off season and see what other teams offer. Quick is one of the best post to post and reflex saves but you beat him up high and on rebounds and getting multiple players down low.
As others pointed out TMaxc shit the gurney by having Edler Roy 1st pair. Hard to blame him after watching Durzi create minefields all season. Lucky Laine hit the bar. Recall Spence yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad