GDT: 2022-23 Other Games around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Lol they conveniently left of two top end pieces Florida drafted - Barkov and Ekblad - just to fit some half-baked analysis.
Totally forgot Barkov was on the team as he's been invisible but yes, left out one (Ekblad is a borderline 1st pair D). Better? :thumbu: How odd lol

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Totally forgot Barkov was on the team as he's been invisible but yes, left out one (Ekblad is a borderline 1st pair D). Better? :thumbu: How odd lol
He literally scored a goal in the Last game and dominated the shit out of eichel in game 3....how could you forget him? (just kidding, I know why)

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
He literally scored a goal in the Last game and dominated the shit out of eichel in game 3....how could you forget him? (just kidding, I know why)
He scored a goal (they lost) in a game???? AND outplayed his counterpart for (1!) game!??!

Tiburon I think it's your turn to start using some critical thinking. Barkov has been invisible for the entire playoffs. I get you don't like my takes sometimes but you do not know half as much as you think you do.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Even then, Montour and Forsling are easily top-4 defensemen.
2nd pairing defensemen absolutely. Maybe I worded it wrong? When I said 4-6 I tried to imply 2nd-3rd pairing defensemen. If a team has no standout top pair defensemen that's obviously not good. I don't consider Ekblad that or anyone else on that team.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
He scored a goal (they lost) in a game???? AND outplayed his counterpart for (1!) game!??!

Tiburon I think it's your turn to start using some critical thinking. Barkov has been invisible for the entire playoffs. I get you don't like my takes sometimes but you do not know half as much as you think you do.
I don't like your takes because you have a penchant for misrepresenting reality to bolster a specious claim.

First you said "Wish the Sharks had this easy of a matchup in 2016." You realize that the 2016 Sharks got shit-kicked by a team that excelled at breakouts and transition, something every iteration of Vegas has done, including this one. For record, the Sharks are 7-17-3 against Vegas all time. Then when you factor in that Vegas is shutting down the middle of the ice, do you really, truly think that the Burns-offense-driven Sharks who exclusively looked for offensive from defense would penetrate the wall of players in front of hill? The 2016 Sharks would have lost the cup final to this Vegas team without question. I hate them, but they are dominating these playoffs.

Then you try to discredit Florida by saying "Tkachuk, Verhaeghe and Reinhart are really their only bonafide top 6 forwards and their defense is mainly 4-6 defensemen" Not only did you leave their Captain and defensive-first #1 Barkov off the list, you forgot #1 OA Ekblad, who is clearly taking a defensive role to let Montour shine offensively. I think one can very reasonably make the case that Duclair is a bonafide top-6 too, though I agree with leaving Bennett and Lundell off that list.

The only thing you've said correctly is that Florida is overachieving and that's because of Bob. Almost everyone on Florida's advanced Stats suffer because Bob has been bailing them out. But just because they are overachieving doesn't mean you have to misrepresent Vegas AND Florida to prove that point. It's careless and - since we're playing this cat/mouse game here - devoid of critical thinking.

I don;t claim to know a lot, but I definitely can sniff out bullshit, especially when it's attached to most of your posts

2nd pairing defensemen absolutely. Maybe I worded it wrong? When I said 4-6 I tried to imply 2nd-3rd pairing defensemen. If a team has no standout top pair defensemen that's obviously not good. I don't consider Ekblad that or anyone else on that team.

Lol nice save there..... "Oh the words i took time to wrote arent acutally what I meant once I got called out....uhhhhh"

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
If you thought Knights fans were bad already, just prepare. It's going to be a shitshow
1686705222520.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA