GDT: 2022-23 Other Games around the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Or more likely just right then. The moment the Sharks do it. Then they'll get penalized 25 first round picks, all of which will be distributed to Vegas and St. Louis.
That's what I'm afraid of actually. It will piss me off if one day there is chance to use that loop hole and league goes "oh now I see what you're doing there"

But anyway to use LTIR to your advantage you need to have a very good team all year, it doesn't work if you are not dominating the whole year. Gotta admit good work Vegas on that part. I just can't be mad anymore, NHL just needs to get better.

All in all it's to time focus on draft, it's actually very exciting. It's these baby steps that are important and I like what MG is doing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
It’s okay guys.

Grier is going to pass on Michkov, who will go to Arizona and lead them to a cup.

Vancouver will win the lottery next year and get Celebrini, who will lead them to a cup.

Fantilli and anaheim? Believe it or not, also cup.

The Kraken will win next year.

Literally every team in the pacific will have a cup besides us. Because this is the deal DW made for his tan with the hockey gods.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Since I simply forgot to set my DVR for last night's game, that means it didn't actually happen and no one is being awarded the Stanley Cup this year, right?

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Why even have a salary cap when you allow teams to blatantly circumvent it without punishment anyways.
Yeah it’s going back to the days of when big market teams are dominating the free agent market because they can just hide salary on the LTIR and create a bunch of space

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'm still not miffed by the LTIR thing because GMs always have and will always find a way to circumvent the cap, just like front-loading contracts used to be an issue before the last CBA. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm still not miffed by the LTIR thing because GMs always have and will always find a way to circumvent the cap, just like front-loading contracts used to be an issue before the last CBA. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole.
The ltir issue is an easy fix, have to be cap compliant by the end of the season. And if a player is not part of that end of the season roster to be compliant, then they do not play in round 1.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Bingo. Dean Lombardi was the king of finding loopholes in the CBA. If you're not looking for arbitrage opportunities you're not trying.

It’s okay guys.

Grier is going to pass on Michkov, who will go to Arizona and lead them to a cup.

Vancouver will win the lottery next year and get Celebrini, who will lead them to a cup.

Fantilli and anaheim? Believe it or not, also cup.

The Kraken will win next year.

Literally every team in the pacific will have a cup besides us. Because this is the deal DW made for his tan with the hockey gods.
Anaheim already has a cup.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Just make it so LTIR can only be used for players who have been deemed out for the season. They won't be eligible to return to the playoffs. Problem solved.

It's called "Long Term" Injured Reserve for a reason, not "Just long enough for your #1C who happens to be on a 9.5M AAV contract to come back for Game 1 of the playoffs" Injured Reserve

Last edited:

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
It’s even easier just make the 20 man roster that is iced have to be cap compliant for every playoff game. It gives about 3 million in wiggle room since they don’t need to include the healthy scratches.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
It’s even easier just make the 20 man roster that is iced have to be cap compliant for every playoff game. It gives about 3 million in wiggle room since they don’t need to include the healthy scratches.
Probably the best idea I've heard so far.

Like I said though, someone will find a way to circumvent it. The difference between the bad/average GMs and the very good ones are knowing how to play the system.

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
Vegas escaped the injury bug too. I know that Stone was likely not 100%. However, no major injuries to their top 9 forwards and the most games missed by their top 6 d was one a piece. That’s just absurd or destined.

The match ups reminded me of the King’s first cup round. Hell, the Knights may have had it easier. I will never forgive the hockey gods for running the Sharks through LA, Nashville, and St. Louis and then rewarding them with a loaded Penguins team in the finals.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That would kill the trade deadline by preventing teams from adding players with accrued cap space. For example the Avs Cup winning roster was over the cap too not from abusing LTIR but by being under the cap all season then using the accrued increase in prorated space to acquire Manson and Lehkonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad