Prospect Info: 2022-23 Oilers Prospects Thread

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Shane Lachance the secondary assist in this tic-tac-toe goal by Celebrini. Lachane's second game on Celebrini's wing off to a good start.

Reactions: Giggleplex

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've been seeing these hi-lites posted, isn't 17 goals pretty meh for a guy his age? Is he tracking to be an AHL or ECHL guy?
It's hard to say.

The 67s are a low scoring team and he's mostly been used on the second line with Dallas prospect, Brad Gardiner. They're usually the main defensive line with a revolving door of low scoring guys including a defenseman with 9 points on their RW.

He doesn't see much PP time on the top unit either.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Interesting seeing a handful of teams signing overage CHLers to entry level deals in the last couple days. IIRC there’s something about being able to do that as of March 1st, makes it so the contract doesn’t start till the following season I believe? Would be nice to see the Oil sign a couple guys who fit that bill to help stock the cupboards in Bakersfield a bit for next year and try to find a hidden gem.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So I haven’t paid any attention to our prospects outside the AHL this year. Outside of Akey is there anyone who seems like a real prospect that could be an NHLer one day?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So I haven’t paid any attention to our prospects outside the AHL this year. Outside of Akey is there anyone who seems like a real prospect that could be an NHLer one day?
Two of the guys they’ve got playing in Russia are interesting enough. Maxim Beryozkin had a solid year putting up 30 points which is comparable to what a guy like Kuzmenko put up at a similar age. Nikita Yevseyev seemed to take a bit of a step back last year but he did have one of the better seasons for an 18 year old dman in the KHL last year. He’ll need to hopefully bounce back to being a full time KHL guy next year.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Two of the guys they’ve got playing in Russia are interesting enough. Maxim Beryozkin had a solid year putting up 30 points which is comparable to what a guy like Kuzmenko put up at a similar age. Nikita Yevseyev seemed to take a bit of a step back last year but he did have one of the better seasons for an 18 year old dman in the KHL last year. He’ll need to hopefully bounce back to being a full time KHL guy next year.
Mitchell Miller's signing part way through the year kind of bumped Yevseyev down to the VHL. He will be a good one though.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The thing about the Oilers prospects is I see quite a lot of making the NHL. They are more of middle to bottom 6 or bottom pairing players. That's still good I guess.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The thing about the Oilers prospects is I see quite a lot of making the NHL. They are more of middle to bottom 6 or bottom pairing players. That's still good I guess.
Weird. I see a bunch of them playing a few games here and there but I don’t see like any full time guys.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I don't think I've ever seen the Oilers with a worse batch of prospects..

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

The thing is, we actually did a lot of good drafting in later rounds to find NHL players for 5 or 6 years when we actually had picks. Lots of 5/6/7 D, etc

We got nothing for any of them. So, it’s nice to draft decent players in later rounds, even if they’re just role players and tweeners.

But, if you have no room for them on your roster, and no plan on developing them on the big club, and you dont trade them for anything or do anything with them… what’s the point? Even if you’re drafting well, you might as well trade off your picks if you’ve got nowhere to put them or no will to develop them.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The thing is, we actually did a lot of good drafting in later rounds to find NHL players for 5 or 6 years when we actually had picks. Lots of 5/6/7 D, etc

We got nothing for any of them. So, it’s nice to draft decent players in later rounds, even if they’re just role players and tweeners.

But, if you have no room for them on your roster, and no plan on developing them on the big club, and you dont trade them for anything or do anything with them… what’s the point? Even if you’re drafting well, you might as well trade off your picks if you’ve got nowhere to put them or no will to develop them.
The dream is you draft a guy in the 4/5/6/7 round and they develop well enough that they are work a 3/4/5/6. Lots of teams have drafted guys later and flipped them for more than the pick they are worth. Lots of retooling or mid rebuild teams are willing to trade for guys further along.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
At this point, with not a lot of viable options on the farm or pool, and looking like we'll spend a few more draft picks, the cupboard will really be bare, so out scouts are really going to have to been sharp in finding some college and other young hidden talent to help out.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Terriers haven't played in 12 days but the top line picks up where they left off. Lachance with a goal and two assists, all at evens. BU won 4-2, the members of the top line scored all the goals.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln