Celtics/NBA 2022-23 NBA Off-Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I respect that the team didn’t try to hide it but it also sort of turned a consensual relationship into major distraction for the team and sort of dragged Ime in the mud a bit.

But they did the right thing

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well he just went on my wife's shit list in like 2 secs 😆 .

I respect that the team didn’t try to hide it but it also sort of turned a consensual relationship into major distraction for the team and sort of dragged Ime in the mud a bit.
Lol He dragged them in mud u mean.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well he dragged himself in the mud yeah for sure but idk about the organization itself, they can move on from him if they want.
Good number Celtics season tickets holders are women. I expect some backlash but a suspension & apology should suffice.He has other worries with marriage however.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You're suspending the coach who brought you to the finals because he had an affair? I don't endorse that behavior but seems like making a mountain out of a molehill?

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyduke

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You're suspending the coach who brought you to the finals because he had an affair? I don't endorse that behavior but seems like making a mountain out of a molehill?

You gotta have morals. You have these rules in place for a reason. Also, hes married to NIA LONG. And he CHEATED. As a woman I am appalled. Consensual or not. It crosses a line. You can't do that. Both are on STAFF. That's your co-worker. Crossing that line is a no-no. It's disappointing.

Burn his shit girl. Burn it allll

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The pearl clutching by some is hilarious and embarrassing.

Second, he is not married. He and Nia Long are engaged. What is going on between them is none of my business and should stay private.

He’s lucky they aren’t firing him as most companies have clauses in their code of conduct policies or separate ones altogether that prohibit inter office romances between a manager and a subordinate even if it is consensual.

On the surface it looks like they were caught but things could have gone south as well and it was reported to HR/Brad Stevens and then to ownership and this is the final outcome of the investigation. I’m leaning to the former because there is no news on the other party. It could be by design but social media is already speculating who it could be and vilifying her which is wrong.

I don’t like that this happened however to vilify either of them is wrong. This kind of thing happens more than people realize and in cases I have seen, some were terminated by “mutual agreement” and some were written up and the subordinate was moved to a different manager.

I am not going to chastise them because they‘re two consenting adults. This situation reminds me of Will Middlebrooks and Jenny Dell or what has happened when a Patriots cheerleader and player get involved.

I’ll reiterate, anyone who speculates who else is involved is garbage. Do not vilify her. They were 2 consenting adults who happened to break the rules and now there are consequences. Just glad it wasn’t anything worse.

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It was consensual whats the problem this is pathetic happens all the time people meeting at work.

Brad Stevens chokes away every big game his team are in and have the win sealed up G7 vs Cleveland and the Natty vs a scrub uconn team with a huge lead.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Ime, you absolute fool. You stumbled ass backwards into marrying one of the most attractive women in Hollywood from the 90s and you cheat on her...with a member of the coaching staff?

Lol. So because she was considered hot 25-30 years ago, you have a problem with it.......yawn. Attractive people get cheated on every day. Pretty sure we all know the "show me a hot x" saying. This is nowhere near the hugh grant/Liz hurley/divine brown situation imo. Now THAT was a real head-scratcher.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The head f***ing coach can't f*** staff.
Nope. He's lucky they aren't going to fire him.

Whomever leaked this to the media needs to be investigated. The damage has already been done on social media with people blaming and trying to id the woman involved.

It takes 2 to tango and it was consensual. I'm not happy about it but it could have been so much worse.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Ime, you absolute fool. You stumbled ass backwards into marrying one of the most attractive women in Hollywood from the 90s and you cheat on her...with a member of the coaching staff?

Who is this relationship with? I do have to say that if there is a CONSENSUAL relationship I don't see why this is a big deal. Totally different to me than if he was harassing staffers etc. Sure, cheating on your wife ain't ideal but it's not something to be punished for.

You gotta have morals. You have these rules in place for a reason. Also, hes married to NIA LONG. And he CHEATED. As a woman I am appalled. Consensual or not. It crosses a line. You can't do that. Both are on STAFF. That's your co-worker. Crossing that line is a no-no. It's disappointing.

Burn his shit girl. Burn it allll

Cheating is not crossing some organizational standard. If sports teams or any industry gets involved with punishing workers for cheating on their spouses we have a big problem on our hands. That sounds like something that would end up in the courts.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Who is this relationship with? I do have to say that if there is a CONSENSUAL relationship I don't see why this is a big deal. Totally different to me than if he was harassing staffers etc. Sure, cheating on your wife ain't ideal but it's not something to be punished for.

Cheating is not crossing some organizational standard. If sports teams or any industry gets involved with punishing workers for cheating on their spouses we have a big problem on our hands. That sounds like something that would end up in the courts.
I don't think any team would punish an employee for cheating on their partner.

They would punish an employee for having an inappropriate relationship with someone who works under them.

There's a pretty significant difference.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't think any team would punish an employee for cheating on their partner.

They would punish an employee for having an inappropriate relationship with someone who works under them.

There's a pretty significant difference.
Sure there's a difference. I am just of the opinion that if there is mutual interest and it's consensual than so be it. But I realize the conflict of interest that can arise.

So he gets suspended. What if the two want to continue their relationship? Then what?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It does seem like an issue that they’re handling internally that was made super public with info sprinkling out in pieces.

Are they gauging the blow back from the public to decide how long the suspension will be? Or is there more to it idk just seems kinda weird how it’s coming out.

Came out right after Brad talked to the media last night too correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad