Injury Report: 2022-23 Injury Thread Part 2: HF's longest ever thread

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Pretending to do? Hurt the organization?

Couldn't be more wrong. Hurting the organization would be more of the same: more rehab and then give it a try during the season only to come to the same conclusion that was realistic months before. At least this way it clarifies a path ahead that also allows the organization to plan and move ahead with greater certainty.
I meant “pretending” like he could come back. Again, I think we’ve seen the last of Landy. 2+ years off idk that any player can be as impactful after 2 years off. Hurting the org by not allowing them to move on completely and long term (purely business wise).

I also wrote my OP after the bull poo that was the draft “lottery.” Where money is more important that sexual assault. So I was mad.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If we respond to the Landeskog news with a large, expensive Compher extension I'll be at the point of sending tear-stained letters to the management.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think a JTC extension is too likely. He's heading to a 5.5+m payday over 5-6 years. Avs can't realistically afford that. ERod is the player I think has a decent chance of returning now. Avs can now find a way to give him ~4m and if that is enough of a bag for him, I can see him coming back for 3-4 years.

Reactions: Avsboy

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I don't think a JTC extension is too likely. He's heading to a 5.5+m payday over 5-6 years. Avs can't realistically afford that. ERod is the player I think has a decent chance of returning now. Avs can now find a way to give him ~4m and if that is enough of a bag for him, I can see him coming back for 3-4 years.
I would think the previous JTC deal would be more in order, 4 x $3.5M AAV. While I would like JTC to stay, anything over $4.5M AAV is too much for him, and you can only keep one of them at that price.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
JTC's next contract will be interesting. He showed near 2C productivity only briefly and usually with players much better than him and only this season- his 6th full one in the NHL. I'm not so sure teams will be lining up to give him 5+/year and/or have a plan to slot him as a 2C.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
JTC's next contract will be interesting. He showed near 2C productivity only briefly and usually with players much better than him and only this season- his 6th full one in the NHL. I'm not so sure teams will be lining up to give him 5+/year and/or have a plan to slot him as a 2C.
I don't think they will plan him as a 2C, but a versatile middle 6 guy. Hyman got 5.5, Coleman got 4.9, Rust got 5.125, Rakell got 5... Compher adds center versatility to those names... which should be worth ~500k.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Possibly, most of those listed have more sandpaper or are bigger than JTC, which factors into their salary, that's one of the main issues the Avs need to address expecially w/o Landy and possbly Nuke next year.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I thought JTC was far from bad, but he's not a 2C on this team and may be able to get a 2C salary elsewhere. If he wants that, let him walk and thank him for his services. If he's willing to come back as a 3C with a 3C salary welcome him back with open arms.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
It's all good fam!

Foppa's spleen never bothered him again. This is a good omen.
giphy.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Ewww.. wtf?

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad