Injury Report: 2022-23 Injury Thread Part 2: HF's longest ever thread

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
That Methot interview sounds horrible. Makes it sound like Landeskog will not return at all following rehab.
Yeah I’m just going assume Landy is never coming back and I hope the Avs prepare that way.

Methot though made it sound like he had trouble walking and getting out of bed, Landy basically said there is no pain in walking or anything, just skating. Maybe landys isn’t as bad.

Either way, what a huge buzzkill for this team, fans and the cup window seems like a peep hole now

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
The thing is, even without nuke and Landy, this team is a cup contender if you improve the depth.

Ideally that is with a center, but add in a true second line player along with 2-3 2nd/3rd line players with up and down scoring potential and some 4th line/bench forward depth and the Avs are right back in contention.

And there is 100% going to be a buyers market this summer for depth players due to one more season of a tight cap.

A healthy D core plus some added depth up front, and the Avs are right back in the swing. Add the potential for a healthy Landy at playoff time….

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Kinda funny that we were all concerned early in Landys career that him being a human missile was going to shorten his career and if he didnt pick and choose when to be physical he wouldnt play long. Who would have thought his career might be cut short because a teammate stabbed him.

Also, stay away from Cogliano at all cost. That guy is always around weird shit happening on the ice. Guy is the human crash test dummy.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The thing is, even without nuke and Landy, this team is a cup contender if you improve the depth.

Ideally that is with a center, but add in a true second line player along with 2-3 2nd/3rd line players with up and down scoring potential and some 4th line/bench forward depth and the Avs are right back in contention.

And there is 100% going to be a buyers market this summer for depth players due to one more season of a tight cap.

A healthy D core plus some added depth up front, and the Avs are right back in the swing. Add the potential for a healthy Landy at playoff time….
They're missing a top line winger, a 2C, a second line winger, and an entire third line.

Right now after MacK Rants and Lehkonen there's in terms of top 9 forwards.

That's a lot of holes to fill without Landy and Nuke.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
They're missing a top line winger, a 2C, a second line winger, and an entire third line.

Right now after MacK Rants and Lehkonen there's in terms of top 9 forwards.

That's a lot of holes to fill without Landy and Nuke.
That’s a lot of holes to fill with not a ton of money. Some ELCs would have been great but we are where we are. Is there still any hope OO can become a Burakovsky type of player?

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That’s a lot of holes to fill with not a ton of money. Some ELCs would have been great but we are where we are. Is there still any hope OO can become a Burakovsky type of player?
Oh god no… not yet. Kid is raw and just might be a dummy (on the ice, don’t know off)

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
I feel awful for Landy. I really do.

I don’t feel bad for how he is dragging along his possible return. He’s missing 2 entire seasons of hockey….he isn’t coming back as Landy or coming back at all to be honest.

Can we just let the team move on…find a bonafide 2nd line centre, with Gabes salary. Name a new C (Makar) and establish a new identity. Sounds harsh. I know. But if Chicago being handed the 1st overall is any indication. Money and business is all that matters. I dont know what Gabe is pretending to do but it’s not good for the org. Which is all that should matter, right Gary?

If you couldn’t tell a lurker has checked out on the “potentially rigged” nhl.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I don’t feel bad for how he is dragging along his possible return. He’s missing 2 entire seasons of hockey….he isn’t coming back as Landy or coming back at all to be honest.

Can we just let the team move on…find a bonafide 2nd line centre, with Gabes salary. Name a new C (Makar) and establish a new identity. Sounds harsh. I know. But if Chicago being handed the 1st overall is any indication. Money and business is all that matters. I dont know what Gabe is pretending to do but it’s not good for the org. Which is all that should matter, right Gary?

He isn't pretending to do anything... what kind of garbage is this.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

¿Que?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Buravosky and OO are not going to be on the Avs roster ever. So they have that similarity.

If OO plays 100 games for the Avs I'll eat a pair of Timberlands.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016

Wow, that's one of the worst takes I've read on this website in some time and I've seen the dieze posts. He's not pretending, the guy wants to come back. Even if he's not the same Landy he wants to be an nhl player still. His whole identity revolves around it. That being said he's going to take the money if he cant play. They signed a contract and you would have to be a moron not to. It's not like he isn't trying to get better either. It's like the Shea weber or Carey price situation, obviously if they could come back they would but that doesn't mean they are going to retire and forgo generational wealth.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
No!

He injured his first knee (Makar) got the surgery on that knee, came back for the playoffs too soon last year. Because that knee didn't fully recover, he compensated with his other knee and injured it in the process.

He got a surgery for that 2nd knee this year but it was unsuccessful. It's that 2nd knee that is too painful to skate on and will be looking for a new surgery on that knee.
Why he getting this surgery on the right knee then? Thats the one Makar stabbed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad