GWT: 2022-23 - English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Saying AWB is world class at 1 v 1 defending is like saying James Ward Prowse is world class at free kicks or that De Gea is world class at shot stopping.

It's not saying they're world class overall, it's saying that at the one talent they're truly one of the very best in the world, which is undoubtedly true in all three of those cases.

Also LOL at using an ESPN FC tweet to try to make some kind of meaningful point. They're trash, of course they're going to have trash takes.
I was told no one is saying that AWB was world class.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’ve always said that Wan-(I can’t believe the f***ing auto-correct on my iPad for Bissaka) is underrated. The question for United going forward is if he’s going to be a rotational/squad player and not a starter, is he worth his wages or worth keeping if a solid bid comes in?

Tackling is great, but I’m generally more interested in a defenders’ interception numbers. That said, a bit different for a modern fullback.
I saw some training videos from pre-season last summer where ETH was working on improving AWB's offense, especially crossing and passing. I think he considers AWB a "project" that's slowly starting to show sign of development in his offense. I said a couple of season's ago that he seems to have more offensive ability than he lets everyone know. Especially with his ball handling/dribbling. It's clear that he has the speed, acceleration and skill to get past opponents, especially this season. Because he's so good at tackling, he seemed unsure of himself, not having confidence in his own abilities. Consistency is also another area of his that needs improvement as he has put in some poor performances after good ones.

-----------------

You can't help but love his attitude.

Reactions: les Habs

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’m not even really sure what anyone on United did wrong.

I guess Varane could have stepped up a bit faster or Lindelof could have headed it out versus in, but sometimes you just gotta hang your hat to an absurd finish.

Reactions: maclean and luiginb

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Uniteds only chance would´ve been to hold on and hope it goes to pens. That gameplan died right away.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s actually impressive how bad De Geas distribution is. You think he’d have more success by just randomly kicking the ball and hoping someone happens to be there.

Reactions: OKR

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It’s actually impressive how bad De Geas distribution is. You think he’d have more success by just randomly kicking the ball and hoping someone happens to be there.
You might get to see how good Butland's is.

On the other hand, Ortega might be even better than Ederson with his feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad