Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency (Mod Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Smells like a Nathan Mackinnon extension kinda day 🐕🐕
I’m only feeling bloated and gassy from eating too much tzaziki last night.

I know people are antsy for news. I am too. If I had to guess, I’d say the Avs moves will all come close together. Re-signings, trades, etc

Reactions: tucker3434

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
My honest prediction is both Kadri and Klingberg sign in late August.

I have a feeling both missed the boat big time with what they wanted.
Yep exactly this. The money they were looking for teams don't have and or the teams interested don't want to make the moves necessary to make it fit. This BS narrative of trades take time and maybe something is already lined up crap needs to stop. If the teams interested in Kadri really wanted him at his current ask a corresponding cap compliance trade would have happened by now to make it happen by one of the interested teams.

Kadri and his agent really dropped the ball and overplayed their hand. Feel kind if bad that Kadri couldn't cash in on his big season. Now he's looking at even having to potentially sign a 1 yr prove it deal and having to bet on himself again. As there aren't many teams that can offer term and money left at this point. And even less options if Kadri wants to go somewhere where the team is competitive.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yep exactly this. The money they were looking for teams don't have and or the teams interested don't want to make the moves necessary to make it fit. This BS narrative of trades take time and maybe something is already lined up crap needs to stop. If the teams interested in Kadri really wanted him at his current ask a corresponding cap compliance trade would have happened by now to make it happen by one of the interested teams.

Kadri and his agent really dropped the ball and overplayed their hand. Feel kind if bad that Kadri couldn't cash in on his big season. Now he's looking at even having to potentially sign a 1 yr prove it deal and having to bet on himself again. As there aren't many teams that can offer term and money left at this point. And even less options if Kadri wants to go somewhere where the team is competitive.
Not sure why you seem annoyed by this suggestion. I don't know that this is what's going on but can't really discount it as a possibility.

When the Duchene trade happened, it took forever and McFarland was a key reason why that 3-way trade between the Avs, Sens and Preds actually took place. He got all the parties back to the negotiating table to iron out that deal.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Lol calm down big guy, no one knows exactly what’s going on so nothing NEEDS to stop.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010

You saw the Björkstrand trade? The helping teams have realized that they can ask premium when bailing teams with not so much cap space. Kadri could have already contract signed but not filed because his team would need to shed some salaries. If other teams knew that then they could ask higher price for helping out. You don't want to give leverage to the team you are negotiating with.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure why you seem annoyed by this suggestion. I don't know that this is what's going on but can't really discount it as a possibility.

When the Duchene trade happened, it took forever and McFarland was a key reason why that 3-way trade between the Avs, Sens and Preds actually took place. He got all the parties back to the negotiating table to iron out that deal.
Not annoyed just realistic. Not even a whisper of a trade. Pretty easy to connect the dots. Even with Duchene there were whispers.

It's been compete radio silence since basically day 1 of ufa. At least anything credible.

So the notion that something in the works is fairly far fetched at this point. This points to teams not being willing to move the pieces necessary to commit to Kadri at his current ask.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Shadow1 wrote this on closed on

Tkachuk is great; he's an upgrade from Huberdeau if you consider two-way game, and if he's able to replicate his 104 point performance from this year (and not his 62 point pace from 2021). But the Panthers also lost Weegar, who is a sure fire top pairing defenseman, despite his post-season blips. It would almost be like if Colorado traded Rantanen + Toews + a prospect and a 1st for Tkachuk; short term, it's bad for Florida.

I would say it's now like Landeskog (same age), Girard (top 4 dman), prospect, '23 pick

Reactions: shadow1

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
A minor scenario I'd like to see happen that I think will pay dividends.

Trade Kaut + small add if necessary for Jusso Valimaki. He's a player that would do well in our system and is kind of like a LH Conor Timmins stylistically. He works out to be the Ryan Murray replacement on the blueline (makes even more sens if we move Girard)

Sign E. Svechnikov to compete with Sedlak et al for a 4th line role. Can happen with or without a Kaut trade but that at least opens up a contract/roster spot for him.

Not sure #1 happens because of Hunt, and it's hard to see us spending 1.5M in cap on who figures to be the #7D as things stand right now. We are more likely to get a physical JJ replacement, especially if someone like EJ is moved instead of G (i.e. Holl). But I do think both of these guys are good buy-low targets this offseason.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

Trade Kaut + small add if necessary for Jusso Valimaki. He's a player that would do well in our system and is kind of like a LH Conor Timmins stylistically. He works out to be the Ryan Murray replacement on the blueline (makes even more sens if we move Girard)

Sign E. Svechnikov to compete with Sedlak et al for a 4th line role. Can happen with or without a Kaut trade but that at least opens up a contract/roster spot for him.

Not sure #1 happens because of Hunt, and it's hard to see us spending 1.5M in cap on who figures to be the #7D as things stand right now. We are more likely to get a physical JJ replacement, especially if someone like EJ is moved instead of G (i.e. Holl). But I do think both of these guys are good buy-low targets this offseason.

I think we are done with the depth signings. Maybe JJ on a cheap one year deal.

Lehkonen- Mackinnon- Nichushkin
Landeskog- Compher- Rantanen
Newhook- Meyers- O'Connor
Cogliano- Helm- Megna
Sedlak

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - EJ
MacDermid

Georgiev
Francouz

D- Hunt - 2 way
D- McDonald - 2 way
D- Middleton - 2 way
LW- Hudon - 2 way
C- Maltsev - 2 way
G- Johansson - 2 way
G- Annunen - 2 way

Prospects

W- Olousson
D- Behrens

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

That would be quite the acquisition. Pretty sure it would take more than Kaut + though unless that + is pretty good.

It's too bad Valimaki got derailed by injuries - so I don't know where he stands with the Flames and what they want to do with him but I loved that guy his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad