OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Meh. Let’s face it you tend to be upset regardless of what happens
True, I have never seen a GM that BWC thought was any good. He thinks every GM and coach sucks and needs to be fired.

Lots of excuse making here. Regardless of depth, you simply don’t take a punter in the 4th round when you have needs. Poles has done great things. This and the Claypool trade are his worst
Only thing I can think of is that they hated this draft, which is why they traded their picks away.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
True, I have never seen a GM that BWC thought was any good. He thinks every GM and coach sucks and needs to be fired.

Only thing I can think of is that they hated this draft, which is why they traded their picks away.

Don’t have a issue with somebody not liking a pick on a punter but to act like the sky is falling all the time gets a bit much.

They traded mid round picks for veteran depth

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bears draft the best punter in college with an ainec attached to him and I just have to see the over reactions.....

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I like the process much less than the pick. Was there no opportunity to drop down a little and take the punter later?

Its not like other pass rushers are flying off the board either. It's been Thomas and Dorlus since the start of round 4, and calling either of them a pass rusher is being generous.

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
For the value, a 2025 4th to pick Booker is probably worth the risk.

If it works out, even better for our D.

Reactions: Sarava

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Happy with that

Draft grades

QB Caleb Williams = A (Still not sold he was best QB, I like Maye)
WR Rome Odunze = A+
T Karen Amegadjie = B-
P Tory Taylor = F- (multiplied by infinity)
EDGE Austin Booker = A

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
For me, his potential is high. Lack of playtime in college (really only a one year starter), but he had production and he has the measurables. He needs to get bigger. He's long and he's young.

I feel like most draft people I saw had him in the 3rd round. As I said, might have dropped because of slight character concerns. Might also have been lack of starts in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad