Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Exactly.

And it’s not like the Gophs didn’t have chances to score. They just didn’t convert.

Only 1 team can score :sarcasm:
A turtle is refusing to forecheck in favor of selling out to play D.

That wasn't what I saw. Every chance to forecheck, the Gophers did... they didn't dump and change like a turtle team does

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
A turtle is refusing to forecheck in favor of selling out to play D.

That wasn't what I saw. Every chance to forecheck, the Gophers did... they didn't dump and change like a turtle team does
Idk if I would call it turtling, but they definitely didn’t commit to a serious forecheck

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Idk if I would call it turtling, but they definitely didn’t commit to a serious forecheck
Define "serious forecheck". They often had 1 person deep on the forecheck. Honestly, it would be stupid to have 2 high forecheckers.

They ran a 1-2-2, which is a pretty standard tactic in the third, with the lead.

Rolling a 2-1-2 just allows the opposing team greater chances for odd man rushes, which is what you don't want.

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Grant Potulny..

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Define "serious forecheck". They often had 1 person deep on the forecheck. Honestly, it would be stupid to have 2 high forecheckers.

They ran a 1-2-2, which is a pretty standard tactic in the third, with the lead.

Rolling a 2-1-2 just allows the opposing team greater chances for odd man rushes, which is what you don't want.
Felt like they gave easy exits to Q all period.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is it normal to start LaCombe-Kester and not Faber’s pair? I guess I always just assumed Faber’s pair was the top pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad