Trois-Rivières Lions 2022/2023 - Lions de Trois-Rivières

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brett Stapley is having such an odd start to his pro career #'s wise. In 10 games he has no points and in 4 games he has 10 points. He's had 2 3 pt games and 2 2 pt games or no pts.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3R won their weekend games against Iowa Heartlanders.

They won 4-2 last night.

Goals:
- Ryan Francis scores his 3rd of the year assisted by William Leblanc.
- Anthony Beauregard scores his 7th assisted by Nicolas Guay & Hames Phelan
- Santino Centorame scores his 1st assisted by Beauregard & Leblanc
- Olivier Galipeau scores his 3rd assisted by Francis & Leblanc

Scary moment last night as Centorame was hit behind the play and went into the boards hard. He wasn't moving and it was scary. I believe he was unconscious. He was stretchered off.

Sanchez, the player who hit Centorame has been suspended for 2 games.

Today, they played again. 3R won 5-4 in OT.

Goals:
- John Parker-Jones scores his 7th assisted by Alex Breton & Brett Stapley
- Olivier Galipeau scores his 4th assisted by Stapley & Pierrick Dube
- Colin Bilek scores his 7th assisted by Philippe Bureau-Blais & Nicolas Larivere
- Dube scores his 7th assisted by Stapley & Francis Thibeault
- Anthony Beauregard scores his 8th to win it in OT assisted by Ryan Francis

3R currently sit in 4th place in the North Division. That is a playoff spot. But a lot of hockey left to move up in the standings. But also a lot of hockey to fall out of a playoff spot.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don't know what kind of drugs they have in western canada but almost all of the prospects that come from there in the past few years have had the funkiest names ever. Arshdeep Bains, Jagger Firkus, Ozzy Wiesblatt ?? What the heck ?? I wish I still did drugs that good :laugh:

Arshdeep is an Indian first name.

As for Wiesblatt, Ozzy is the most normal name of the 4 brothers. The others are Orca, Oasiz and Ocean. :laugh:

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Lots going on for the Lions:

The Lions did not paid the rent:
Lions de Trois-Rivières | Trois-Rivières met en demeure Deacon Sports & Entertainment

There is also a rumour in town that a new group is in negociation to purchase the team:
PRIMEUR | Fix Auto, futur propriétaire des Lions de Trois-Rivières ?

It was not an easy second season but I hope the best for my team
Hopefully Montreal steps in and purchases the team or a part of it. I felt it was underutilized by the organization and poorly ran. Sure it needs the veteran players, and the Laval call-ups but was expecting more undrafted NCAA and CHL players being given a shot to make an impression. As well the almost all Quebec players on the team might be better for marketing but has proven to be a failure on the ice. Maybe a winning team would also draw fans? Would also like Montreal to have the ability to groom executives and young coaches for the future there.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Hopefully Montreal steps in and purchases the team or a part of it. I felt it was underutilized by the organization and poorly ran. Sure it needs the veteran players, and the Laval call-ups but was expecting more undrafted NCAA and CHL players being given a shot to make an impression. As well the almost all Quebec players on the team might be better for marketing but has proven to be a failure on the ice. Maybe a winning team would also draw fans? Would also like Montreal to have the ability to groom executives and young coaches for the future there.
The Growlers are a good example of success. Local veterans who stick with the team and youngsters under contract with affiliated AHL to fill the rest of the team. It worked well the first year, and that was more locals then last season. Last season was derailled by inuries in both Montreal and Laval, but it's part of the game...

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I
Good coach will want to coach in the QMJHL before coaching in the ECHL

Better exposure and better conditions, Éric Bélanger didn't make the change for nothing
Agree with you, but there are only so many vacancies in the Q. Let them get experience in the ECHL, move up to the Q, and hopefully return to the organization afterwards. Does not hurt to help development of these young coaches, you never know what fostering a good relationship with them might give back later. Just hope Montreal has more of a say in which are given the opportunity.

Reactions: Vachon23

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I

Agree with you, but there are only so many vacancies in the Q. Let them get experience in the ECHL, move up to the Q, and hopefully return to the organization afterwards. Does not hurt to help development of these young coaches, you never know what fostering a good relationship with them might give back later. Just hope Montreal has more of a say in which are given the opportunity.
Just wanted to add that I see an additional benefit in these coaches gaining an understanding of coaching adults and professionals as opposed to the ones who only coached in the youth and Q ranks before becoming head coaches in the AHL or NHL as we have seen with Bouchard, Boucher, Roy etc... The successful ones either were assistants first to learn the difference in how to handle the players who are not 17 yersr olds, or head coaches at the ECHL level.

Reactions: Fenris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad