Trois-Rivières Lions 2022/2023 - Lions de Trois-Rivières

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The guys we need the most now are Nellis, Archambault, D'Aoust, Ducharme and Galipeau (one of the few offensive D the Lions had). If Hayden Shaw wants to come back, that'd be great too.

There's a bunch of interesting guys from the QMJHL like Parent, Guay, Rochette, Pinard and Tourigny. If Galipeau leaves, they need to go hard on Tourigny.

People were talking about Eliezer Sherbatov last season after he left Ukraine. Could be worth a shot.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The guys we need the most now are Nellis, Archambault, D'Aoust, Ducharme and Galipeau (one of the few offensive D the Lions had). If Hayden Shaw wants to come back, that'd be great too.

There's a bunch of interesting guys from the QMJHL like Parent, Guay, Rochette, Pinard and Tourigny. If Galipeau leaves, they need to go hard on Tourigny.

People were talking about Eliezer Sherbatov last season after he left Ukraine. Could be worth a shot.

Nellis is gone.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nellis is gone.

To Slovakia? Is the pay really better? Weird.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I would stay as far as possible from Ukraine and the war for the next few years.

Let's get far from that subject, ok?

It's more about how the Slovakian league is relatively low level. Unless there's a language barrier, he should be a star there as he was already a pretty good ECHLer.

Jul 6, 2016
Let's get far from that subject, ok?

It's more about how the Slovakian league is relatively low level. Unless there's a language barrier, he should be a star there as he was already a pretty good ECHLer.
ECHL is not that high caliber either. Salary must be his incentive to move over there.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
ECHL is not that high caliber either. Salary must be his incentive to move over there.

Looking into it, imports make between 35-80k USD, so the upper end is more than most ECHL players. Nellis would likely get that upper salary looking at other comparables.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

You can delete your post now as it clearly brings bad forture...lol.

After Nellis, Archambault is also gone.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Mattinen would have looked damn fine in Trois-Rivières...was really good for the Rocket. Bergeron has A LOT of job to do this summer...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's always hard to keep the lower pro level players around, sadly. Those deals in Europe can be real tempting , I sure can't blame a guy for taking it. The good news is that TR is pretty attractive for the local players and the undrafted guys out of the Q, they shouldnt have too much trouble filling the roster.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I don’t understand why Laval did not call up Nellis this year. I wonder how much of an impact it had on his decision

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don’t understand why Laval did not call up Nellis this year. I wonder how much of an impact it had on his decision
Nellis had an ECHL contract. He would have had to be a PTO, but there were already a lot of guys (Ducharme, Abandonnato, St-Amant and a few more) with AHL deals

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Impressive addition with Breton. Tons of work to do. Top end talent up front.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Great signing this one.

He's been in Slovakia the last 2 seasons. Before that, in 2019-20, he played for the Allen Americans, where he put up 55 pts (11G, 44A) in 61 GP. He was named ECHL defenseman of the year that year.

Was really good in the Q with Gatineau too

Add Vincent Sévigny to your list, really good Dmen

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Do you see any of Habs draftee that could end up with the Lions like Hillis, Brook and Khisamutdinov this year?

I'd be insanely surprise to ever see Khisa in a Habs related uniform. The other 2...maybe. You have to think that they'd want to be moved though if that happens. But maybe. I see Simoneau being given to T-R. I hope they sign other Q players too in the process. And there has to be better NCAA free agents ready to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad