Trois-Rivières Lions 2022/2023 - Lions de Trois-Rivières

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I was at the game yesterday. A loss 6-3 to the baby Leafs. If the Leafs had half the heart of the Growlers, they would already have a cup.

Desrosiers was not shining but the Growlers got high scoring chances on almost every shot they took. I was thinking that the defense was looking good on paper but some guys like Breton and Galipeau need to do more, and actually play defense. We probably need another big body outside Brodeur.

Francis and Beauregard had a good game again. I'm impressed by Francis speed. Does this guy have a contract with Laval?

Also, Vrbetic will be starting this afternoon.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I was at the game yesterday. A loss 6-3 to the baby Leafs. If the Leafs had half the heart of the Growlers, they would already have a cup.

Desrosiers was not shining but the Growlers got high scoring chances on almost every shot they took. I was thinking that the defense was looking good on paper but some guys like Breton and Galipeau need to do more, and actually play defense. We probably need another big body outside Brodeur.

Francis and Beauregard had a good game again. I'm impressed by Francis speed. Does this guy have a contract with Laval?

Also, Vrbetic will be starting this afternoon.

He's under contract with Laval.

Reactions: GrandBison

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dubé was signed to a PTO before the year started. He is now officially signed to an AHL deal and has been assigned to 3R:

They also assigned Saulnier to 3R

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3R were down 1-0 to Adirondack. But they score 2 goals to take the 2-1 lead.

- Lariviere scores his 1st of the year assists by Galipeau and Vrbetic (who gets his first career point in the pros).
- Dube scores his 1st in his 1st game of the year. His goal was assisted by Galipeau (his 2nd of the game) and Francis.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3R win it in 4-3 in OT.

Dube also scored his 2nd of the game to put 3R up 3-2. Assisted by Beauregard and Leblanc.

Then Adirondack scored to tie it. Noah Corson scored that. Yes, the son of Shayne Corson.

And then Breton takes advantage of a screw up to score the OT winner.

Reactions: Fenris and Treb

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Here are the goals from last night. This was their first win at home.

- Larivière assisted by Galipeau & Vrbetic

- Dubé assisted by Francis & Galipeau

- Dubé assisted by Beauregard & Leblanc

- Breton's OT winner

They're also playing Adirondack today again @ 3PM ET:

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3R is on a 3-game winning streak. They are now up 3-0 on Norfolk in thd 2nd period. If they win this, it'll be 4 wins in a row.

John Parker-Jones is on fire now. He has 5 pts (3G, 2A) in his last 5 games. And he still has tonight's game to add to that. He has those same 5 points in 11 GP this season, as he went pointless in his first 6 games.

Stapley has 2 assists so far tonight, giving him 5 assists on the season. He's playing his 9th game of the season tonight.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just heard the conference on local radio, Bergeron will probably coach for the rest of the season.

So as @GrandBison mentioned, MAB says he will likely coach the rest of the year. He says he's not in a rush to find a new coach. And he also said he was surprised, but at the same time not that much by Bélanger's resignation.

At the same time, Philippe Boucher in his daily segment on JiC's morning radio show, was asked if Bélanger is his new coach as we saw the rumor say is the case. Boucher said not to believe what you read/hear. But all he could confirm was that he was going to have a conversation with Bélanger today.

Reactions: GrandBison

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

So as @GrandBison mentioned, MAB says he will likely coach the rest of the year. He says he's not in a rush to find a new coach. And he also said he was surprised, but at the same time not that much by Bélanger's resignation.

At the same time, Philippe Boucher in his daily segment on JiC's morning radio show, was asked if Bélanger is his new coach as we saw the rumor say is the case. Boucher said not to believe what you read/hear. But all he could confirm was that he was going to have a conversation with Bélanger today.

At the same time, Boucher wasn’t going to confirm that today at the radio. I’m sure Belanger didn’t quit the Lions job without knowing he was getting the job with Drummond. They where already a lot of talk about that possibility this weekend in the QMJHL world (I heard that rumour Saturday)

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It's official. Boucher also confirmed it this morning on the radio. And Belanger will be presented to the media @ 11AM this morning.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Isn't that kind of a step back career wise ? It doesn't feel like it makes him any closer to being an NHL coach one day, if that's his long term ambition.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
More stability with players in the Q and they are more coach from the CHL that make the jump to the AHL then ECHL coach
It's such a long shot though, realistically his best bet would probably be to slowly climb the Habs organization in the first place. I mean, unless it was made pretty clear there's no hope on that front.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
It's such a long shot though, realistically his best bet would probably be to slowly climb the Habs organization in the first place. I mean, unless it was made pretty clear there's no hope on that front.
It's clear that Belanger was not a Hughes guy. If Hughes wants someone in, Bergeron will listen.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would have made the same decision if I was him. Better conditions in the Q and like I said, probably better opportunities to go up with Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad