Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
1 Cooley
2 Guenther
3 Geekie
4 Duda
5 Kesselring
6 Lamoureux
7 Fedotov
8 Matikka
9 Smith
10 Doan
Post draft....

1 Cooley
2 Guenther
3 Geekie
4 But
5 Simashev
6 Duda
7 Kesselring
8 Lamoureux
9 Matikka
10 Doan

I dropped Fedotov out because of his contract extension. I dropped Smith out because our UFA signings have put up a road block for him to start this season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Whenever I rank players it's a super elaborate formula that mixes ceiling/floor, tape and viewings, draft capital and raw skill. It's such a top secret analysis I can't share it, but trust me Jakey seeing the players at development is only a fraction of what goes into my ultra sophisticated projections.
You forgot the :sarcasm:

Reactions: Grimes

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Don’t forget that any scout worth his pay is making draft lists only based on pull-ups and jumping in one day. So everyone only needs the Combine and Development Camp attendance to vote on Hall of Fame induction. Any other declarations, Jakey?

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Sport-Express updated salary for Ilya Fedotov
There was information about the salaries of the Fedotov brothers in SKA. Forward Ilya Fedotov will earn 90 million rubles under a new contract in 4 years. Next season, the forward's salary will be 20 million rubles per year, in the 2024/25 season - 15 million, in the 2025/26 season - 25 million, in the-2026-27 season - 30 million.
SKA coach Roman Rotenberg called Ilya’s brother, Maxim, the “Russian Cale Makar.”

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Anyone know how the “Indefinite“ prospects are handled? I understand why they are listed that way but what happens when a team reaches the 90 reserve contract limit? Capfriendly has the Coyotes listed as 79/90. BA‘s got lots of incoming picks and they still have 38y/o Pestunov, 36 y/o Krysanov, and 27 y/o Kudla holding slots. This may be the first time this has happened. Can the team release certain contracts?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Anyone know how the “Indefinite“ prospects are handled? I understand why they are listed that way but what happens when a team reaches the 90 reserve contract limit? Capfriendly has the Coyotes listed as 79/90. BA‘s got lots of incoming picks and they still have 38y/o Pestunov, 36 y/o Krysanov, and 27 y/o Kudla holding slots. This may be the first time this has happened. Can the team release certain contracts?
They can release the rights at any time, IIRC.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Puts him at 22 yo at the end of his contract.

I feel like the perception (fair or unfair) or the AHL is starting to become a problem for the NHL. It seems that Canadian kids are the only ones not trying to avoid the league at all costs.

Even through pictures his skating is elite

I’ve been watching his MHL games from last season most nights for the last couple of weeks. His skating is unreal. Especially for his size. What still can’t help but be even more excited for But. The kid is incredible. They can both skate so well, and they both compete so hard, and have an edge to them. There’s a lot of skill there, too. Especially when it comes to But and his offensive talent.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I feel like the perception (fair or unfair) or the AHL is starting to become a problem for the NHL. It seems that Canadian kids are the only ones not trying to avoid the league at all costs.

I’ve been watching his MHL games from last season most nights for the last couple of weeks. His skating is unreal. Especially for his size. What still can’t help but be even more excited for But. The kid is incredible. They can both skate so well, and they both compete so hard, and have an edge to them. There’s a lot of skill there, too. Especially when it comes to But and his offensive talent.
feel free to post more links to must see games from KHL/MHL for Simashev and But. I watched the 3 tournament games. Hard not to like their skill sets.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Obviously it doesn't mean a whole lot, but Julian Lutz played a couple of exhibition games with the German U20 team against Slovakia. The Slovaks were missing all their best players so the results don't carry a lot of weight.

However, for what it's worth Lutz had an assist in the first game (6-7 loss in the shootout), but looked pretty good out there. I just wished he had been more assertive in his play.
He certainly was that in the second game a 9-0 blow out win, where he finished with 2g 2a and was clearly the best player on the ice, by a fair margin.
I really hope he can take the next step at the pro level this season. It's about time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Simashev can really skate, but other than a couple of clips I have no idea what kind of talent these kids have. After watching their games, do have any players who you would compare them to?

rt

May 13, 2004
Simashev can really skate, but other than a couple of clips I have no idea what kind of talent these kids have. After watching their games, do have any players who you would compare them to?
For Simashev I keep coming back to K’Andre Miller as a comp. I think it fits. If you don’t like that one, maybe a hybrid of Hampus Lindholm mixed with Darnell Nurse, if you can imagine that.

With But, he’s got the puck hounding mentality of Tuch, but he really looks to finish his checks like Crouse, but has that ultra smooth, dual threat offensive game like Wheeler.

So gun to my head if I had to pick one for each, I’d say Miller and Wheeler. But there’s other elements there. That’s where the Lindholm/Nurse hybrid and the Tuch/Crouse hybrid ideas come in to play.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
For Simashev I keep coming back to K’Andre Miller as a comp. I think it fits. If you don’t like that one, maybe a hybrid of Hampus Lindholm mixed with Darnell Nurse, if you can imagine that.

With But, he’s got the puck hounding mentality of Tuch, but he really looks to finish his checks like Crouse, but has that ultra smooth, dual threat offensive game like Wheeler.

So gun to my head if I had to pick one for each, I’d say Miller and Wheeler. But there’s other elements there. That’s where the Lindholm/Nurse hybrid and the Tuch/Crouse hybrid ideas come in to play.
I like the Wheeler comparison though isn't But more of a shooter?

rt

May 13, 2004
I like the Wheeler comparison though isn't But more of a shooter?
He’s both. That’s why I’m hesitant to 100% say Tuch. I think But is a little meaner and a little more of a playmaker. Having said that, I do think Tuch is pretty darn close. Especially since we are projecting and sometimes only certain elements translate.

The way But hounds pucks, and is constantly looking to strip guys and transition to a rush is very Tuch-like. I see that defensive upside. He’s a dual-threat like Tuch, too. I’d say But is a little meaner. Looks for more opportunities to finish checks. That’s against juniors, though. He could settle into Tuch-level physicality once he faces men. I think this player card and scouting report are going to be about what we see from But.

Reactions: Summer Rose

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Was thinking he might be the perfect compliment on Cooley's wing some day depending on how much skill translates. Thoughts, or more of a second line player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese