Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dang, when decent prospects leave there might be a problem.

Some kind of announcement about the arena better happen soon. If a mass exodus of players starts I wont stick around as a fan. I will just hope a team I like gets Keller / Cooley / Guenther / Moser

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Dang, when decent prospects leave there might be a problem.

Some kind of announcement about the arena better happen soon. If a mass exodus of players starts I wont stick around as a fan. I will just hope a team I like gets Keller / Cooley / Guenther / Moser
I don't know what Koly's motivations are but I feel pretty confident his league choice doesn't depend on the Coyotes future arena plans.

We're going to see some kids like Farinacci leave if they feel like their path to the NHL is blocked. Other clubs that are heavy with veterans and thin on prospects can offer a much easier path to the big show.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't know what Koly's motivations are but I feel pretty confident his league choice doesn't depend on the Coyotes future arena plans.

We're going to see some kids like Farinacci leave if they feel like their path to the NHL is blocked. Other clubs that are heavy with veterans and thin on prospects can offer a much easier path to the big show.
I don't think AZ has exactly blocked the path of anyone to be honest. Look at the roster and the guys that need to be beaten to take a job. It may get complicated as more of our top prospects start to land and play but until that happens? We aren't there yet and if Farinacci can't compete with this group of players for a spot then good luck to him and his career.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't think AZ has exactly blocked the path of anyone to be honest. Look at the roster and the guys that need to be beaten to take a job. It may get complicated as more of our top prospects start to land and play but until that happens? We aren't there yet and if Farinacci can't compete with this group of players for a spot then good luck to him and his career.
I think we are also all going to need to adjust to the idea that we stockpiled so many picks that we won’t have the contract spots available to be extra patient with every late bloomer and project, outside of our premier set.

There will be some winnowing. Wheat from chaff.

We also need to be prepared for the inevitability that there will be one or two that gets away that we ultimately regret losing.

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Good comments...with all the Keller rumour mongering (post botched referendum) I have been feeling less optimistic about the team than ever before.

Good to get a kick in the *** and be reminded the team does have a bright future (and sooooooooo many picks).

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
this might explain the lack of a callup
As I understand it, Vladislav Kolyachonok will leave for Europe

This could simply be posturing - the Kolyachonok camp angling for a shot in the NHL. I don't see a European assignment clause in his contract - would BA toll the contract and retain his rights for the remaining ELC year?

Time to dust off the Mouser signal.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
This could simply be posturing - the Kolyachonok camp angling for a shot in the NHL. I don't see a European assignment clause in his contract - would BA toll the contract and retain his rights for the remaining ELC year?

Time to dust off the Mouser signal.
I think when prospects go to Russia, their NHL rights are frozen til they come back.
Not sure if it's forever or til they turn 27, but it's a while.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I thought the KHL and NHL agreed to honor active contracts and not poach players. So maybe as a loan? Have we seen anything specific about this or just HF speculation?

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Who and what picks are you referring to.:

Edit: Langlois? I doubt there were any assurances.
I read the tweet as Langlois for the 2nd and 4th picks. So I just figured that a team giving up picks would only do so if they had been assured by the Coyotes/Langlois that he was actually returning thus making the expense worth it.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I read the tweet as Langlois for the 2nd and 4th picks. So I just figured that a team giving up picks would only do so if they had been assured by the Coyotes/Langlois that he was actually returning thus making the expense worth it.
I doubt AZ would be providing any assurances re: Langlois prior to signing him. Doing so could jeopardize their ability to sign JL.

Edit: Langlois is 19 but has played 4 years of major junior. As lanky referenced above he would, in fact, be eligible for the AHL?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad