Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Everytime I see Guenther beat a goalie like that, it's tempered by memories of Perlini doing the same for a short while with the Coyotes, but now he's on the fringe of being an NHLer.

Anything about Guenther that might persuade me to stop thinking that?

Thank you!
Well the first thing is that if he turned out to be as good as Phil Kessel that would be pretty great. The second thing would be that he’s not at all like Phil Kessel. And the third thing would be that if the only thing that reminds you of Phil is the sick-ass snipes, you don’t really have much to worry about do you? :)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Everytime I see Guenther beat a goalie like that, it's tempered by memories of Perlini doing the same for a short while with the Coyotes, but now he's on the fringe of being an NHLer.

Anything about Guenther that might persuade me to stop thinking that?

Thank you!
Criticism of Perlini was his hockey sense. I don’t believe those concerns are present with Guenther.

Reactions: BAdvocate

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Perlini just wasnt that motivated to use his talent. Guenther is extremely competitive and gets involved - you especially see that on the forecheck.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Well the first thing is that if he turned out to be as good as Phil Kessel that would be pretty great. The second thing would be that he’s not at all like Phil Kessel. And the third thing would be that if the only thing that reminds you of Phil is the sick-ass snipes, you don’t really have much to worry about do you? :)

I saw in another thread where you said you didn't need corrective lenses..... you might want to reconsider as it looks like G appears to you as a K, and you are having similar issues seeing the lowercase letters.:naughty::popcorn:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I saw in another thread where you said you didn't need corrective lenses..... you might want to reconsider as it looks like G appears to you as a K, and you are having similar issues seeing the lowercase letters.:naughty::popcorn:
Mr. Papageorgio doesn’t require them. I do.

No idea how I saw Kessel and not Perlini. Was this really not a ninja edit? Did my matrix really glitch out that badly?

Guenther even less like Perlini than he is like Kessel. Perlini played the game with blinders on, which was fitting as he was a one-trick-pony. Guenther is a complete dual threat on offense. His offensive game is as well-rounded as it gets.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I see that Fedotov wasn't invited to Russia's WJC try-outs. We'll have to stay patient to get a read on him.

Last edited:

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I see that Fedotov wasn't invited to Russia's WJC try-outs. We'll have to stay patient to get a read on him.
Historically Russia likes to have an older team so not seeing him listed isn't all that alarming.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Guenther is just money. He’s a mini Ovechkin on the PP. gets set up at the face off dot, one timer, in the net. Rinse repeat. I think I’ve seen this exact same goal multiple times already this season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Guenther is just money. He’s a mini Ovechkin on the PP. gets set up at the face off dot, one timer, in the net. Rinse repeat. I think I’ve seen this exact same goal multiple times already this season.

Shot isn't as automatic as Ovi, but not saying it isn't reminiscent. If he turns into a center he looks like vintage Jeff Carter, but with spunk. If he is a RW it's like Semin without Semin's "untangibles". He seems to be tracking to be a top 30 winger in the league one day.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Shot isn't as automatic as Ovi, but not saying it isn't reminiscent. If he turns into a center he looks like vintage Jeff Carter, but with spunk. If he is a RW it's like Semin without Semin's "untangibles". He seems to be tracking to be a top 30 winger in the league one day.

I'm not saying Guenther is the next Ovechkin, but he's only 18 and still developing and improving his game. Ovechkin is one of the greatest ever. I'm hoping Guenther can be one of the greatest Coyotes ever.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was just referring to him being money from the same spot every time. It’s a fantastic shot.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Josh Doan #1 in Rookie NCAA Scoring with 18pts and just for reference here are leading scorers for U20 in NCAA

1 - Kent Johnson 15gp 4g 17a 21pts - 1.40ppg
2 - Owen Power 15gp 3g 18a 21pts - 1.40ppg
3 - Carter Savoie 12gp 11g 8a 19pts - 1.58ppg
4 - Matt Beniers 15gp 10g 8a 18pts - 1.20ppg
5 - Brett Berard 16gp 8g 8a 16pts - 1.00ppg
6 - Josh Doan 14gp 5g 13a 18pts - 1.29ppg
7 - Thomas Bordeleau 15gp 5g 12a 17pts - 1.13ppg
8 - Ryan Tverberg 13gp 9g 7a 16pts - 1.23ppg
9 - Luke Hughes 15gp 7g 8a 15pts - 1.00ppg

I'd say he's in pretty excellent company

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
It is appearing to be an astute pick, not the family reach it appeared at the draft.

I think astute would have been picking him with a 7th rounder the year before. Pretty sure BA said that he wanted to do that if he had been involved. If there's ever a prospect we should have had the inside track on, surely he's that prospect. A 2nd isnt quite as great value but I'm just glad he's not with another franchise.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Btw, Maccelli according to the stats is really starting to figure it out, here are his splits over first 7 games and the last 7 games

First 7 Games Played:
7gp - 0 goals - 3 assists - 3 points - 6 SOG

Next 7 Games Played:
7gp - 6 goals - 8 assists - 14 points - 18 SOG

I'd say that is a nice progression and hope he can maintain just a PPG+ the rest of the way and help push Tucson into the playoffs. That way we can move Hayton back down for a Calder cup run.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Btw, Maccelli according to the stats is really starting to figure it out, here are his splits over first 7 games and the last 7 games

First 7 Games Played:
7gp - 0 goals - 3 assists - 3 points - 6 SOG

Next 7 Games Played:
7gp - 6 goals - 8 assists - 14 points - 18 SOG

I'd say that is a nice progression and hope he can maintain just a PPG+ the rest of the way and help push Tucson into the playoffs. That way we can move Hayton back down for a Calder cup run.
Worthy of a callup. Give him an nhl paycheck. Get him thirsty.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
When you go to research Ilya Fedotov at eliteprospects.com, the U20 WJC shows up under his name, so I click on the team and he is listed as part of the 23-man roster
RUS-WJC-CAMP-2021.png

Doesn't look like the case (this is from the Russian U20 thread in the international tournaments forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany