2022-2023 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospects in action today:

- Gordin @ 10AM ET

Pre-season action, I note the team but it will remain to be seen if the prospect will be in the line-up:

- Owen Sound @ 2PM ET (Guindon)
- AB @ 2PM ET (Kidney)
- Seattle @ 3PM ET (Davidson)
- Charlottetown @ 3PM ET (Trudeau)
- Sherbrooke @ 4PM ET (Roy)
- Windsor @ 4PM ET (Sobolev)

Looks like Gordin isn't in the line-up for Rostov.

- Kidney back to 1C for today's game.

- Roy not in the line-up for Sherbrooke.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
interesting, wonder what changed for Kostenko there, after back to back 2 min games, he's played about 31 mins combined over the last 2 games which is great to see. I used to get KHL games on espn+ but looks like they stopped covering them due to what's happening over there. I should get to see him at some point this week or so as I didn't want to waste time if he was only playing 2 mins a game or even 5 mins but I won't have any vids as the KHL blocks vids as they made me take down a vid with Gordin's 1st KHL goal.

Gordin with just 2 games played so far, not the start you want to see there but it's not like I have much hope of him being a legit prospect.

Kapanen starts his season in a couple days, he's going to need to step up big time, although getting the ice time will be big as last year he couldn't crack the lineup above the 4th line most nights.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No Davidson for Seattle in their pre-season game. And no Trudeau for Charlottetown (he hasn't played in any of their pre-season games),

- Missed this, but Guindon is playing 1C for Owen Sound in their pre-season game against North Bay. They're up 3-1, but no points for Guindon yet.

- AB was down 4-0 to Saint John, but they now made it 4-2. Kidney has a goal and an assist. Edit: Saint John scored again to make it 5-2

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Liiga starts today.

- Kapanen is playing @ 11:30AM ET

He is listed as 4C

Sochi is playing @ 12:30PM ET. Though we shouldn't expect Gordin to play since he's in and out of the line-up in the VHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
That might give him some confidence! Pretty sweet play... nice combination of skill and jam
His potential is underrated on this board mostly due to the Habs poor draft results out of Scandinavia. He looked really good shutting down other team's top lines at the most recent WJC's (he's elegible for a potentially larger role this December) and his coaches seem to have faith in his abilities, rewarding him with valuable ice time at crucial parts of games. He may never be a top 6 player for Montreal - though the possibility remains that he grows into a top 9 NHL forward or an asset used in a future trade.

"Kapanen’s game is all about his instincts in the offensive zone combined with lethal finishing skills from close and mid-range. He recognizes space well and takes advantage of even the slightest mistakes by the opposing defences. He has some gravitational elements as a playmaker, being able to draw in pressure before dishing the puck to an open teammate.' -EliteProspects 2021 NHL Draft Guide

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Prospects in action today:

Start of the SHL season:
- Engstrom @ 9:15AM ET
- Dichow @ 9:15AM ET

- Kapanen @ 10AM ET (he is listed at 3C)

No surprise as Dichow is the back up.

Rostov is playing, but Gordin isn't in the line-up. Wonder if he's hurt or simply a healthy scratch. Today is Rostov's 5th game of the season. Gordin has only played in two.

Engstrom as 7D. As he's been with the SHL team so far.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Rostov is playing, but Gordin isn't in the line-up. Wonder if he's hurt or simply a healthy scratch. Today is Rostov's 5th game of the season. Gordin has only played in two.
Doesn't appear to be injured, for 2 of the 3 games, he will listed with a bunch of players as been "in the reserve". For one game they even mentionned injured players before listing the reserve guys.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Doesn't appear to be injured, for 2 of the 3 games, he will listed with a bunch of players as been "in the reserve". For one game they even mentionned injured players before listing the reserve guys.

I wrote my post and knew that you would come in with the info as always.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The problem with Kapanen last year was he struggled to get the ice time with KalPa, so far at least he's been getting the TOI, playing almost 16 mins on ave over the first 3 games but just 1 pt.

Engstrom is certainly interesting, he turns 19 in Nov, so he's a little older but great to see him getting SHL time but also time in juniors so he can play a lot. Will be interesting to see how they handle him all year since they are a top team in the league and what the Habs plans are since he's currently not under contract in Sweden after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad