Rumor: 2022-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 14: Sakic goes back to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Starting to sour on Lehkonen. I think Habs will demand a huge overpayment.
Hughes wants a 2023 1st (not 2022) and we have one.

Once that's on the table I think it's basically done. He's waiting for a 2023 1st round pick. Also once his price is met he pulls the trigger, he doesn't like to wait (he said it himself and we've seen it with the Toffoli and Chiarot trades).

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I understand that this is a very important year for us with the UFA status of our entire second line. I know it's easy to get competitive seeing other teams add players and thinking "buy, buy, buy." But do we really think this is the last year of our window? Maybe we'll need that 2023 first-rounder to get something important at the next deadline?

Not saying that I necessarily think this way, but you know that Sakic is going to consider the value of that 2023 1st rounder for a future transaction. I think you can make a good case that spending it on, say, 1 playoff run of Andrew Copp isn't good asset management.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It's obvious that no one was "played" by Fletcher. It's obvious that Giroux only had discussions after Game 1000 - as he said he would in the press conference. Last minute request to Fletcher: "I only want Florida." Briere coming to Colorado, MacFarland going there...none of it was a smokescreen or for Braun, just no one knew about Giroux's one-team trade list until last minute.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I understand that this is a very important year for us with the UFA status of our entire second line. I know it's easy to get competitive seeing other teams add players and thinking "buy, buy, buy." But do we really think this is the last year of our window? Maybe we'll need that 2023 first-rounder to get something important at the next deadline?

Not saying that I necessarily think this way, but you know that Sakic is going to consider the value of that 2023 1st rounder for a future transaction. I think you can make a good case that spending it on, say, 1 playoff run of Andrew Copp isn't good asset management.

Copp is an rfa and our window might not close but this year and the way the west looks is very clearly the best opportunity to make the finals. Our bottom 6 isn’t playoff capable, simple as that.

Reactions: Reparlana

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Lindholm is living off his reputation a bit.

The contract is fair.

I'm not a huge Lindholm fan, and that 8 year deal is a little scary, but these stat guys never realize the difference playing on a bad team versus a good team can have on your analytics.

Brandon Saad is the perfect example.

Reactions: hughdreamz

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's never been a Bruin so why would he buy into "the Bruins way" when he can get at least that in UFA? Boston are also going to be the next SJ in a couple of years when Bergeron and Marchand retire.
Why buy in? Couldn't tell you. But the Bruins have almost always gotten their way on contracts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not a huge Lindholm fan, and that 8 year deal is a little scary, but these stat guys never realize the difference playing on a bad team versus a good team can have on your analytics.

Yeah, for the most part these analytics guys like JFresh will show how "bad" a player has been when the team is bad, and conversely how "good" a player has been when the team is good.

I think most people out there know just how good Lindholm is. IMO Lindholm-McAvoy (if they play together) could be the best shutdown pairing in hockey.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Like I said in my other post, show me a trade Friedman or anyone else have called correctly so far. None of them.

I mean there's only been a few trades so far, and Freidman and others all said Florida was the front runner for Giroux.

They almost never say Player X is going to Team Y. They say which teams are interested and who the frontrunners are.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Like I said in my other post, show me a trade Friedman or anyone else have called correctly so far. None of them.
He speculated that Colorado and Toronto were working on something, and mentioned Jost's name. The next day Jost was traded to Minnesota. Could have just been a coincidence (and it was pretty obvious to everyone here that Jost was the logical piece to move), but it seems a bit like he had heard something from someone about Jost being shopped.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why buy in? Couldn't tell you. But the Bruins have almost always gotten their way on contracts.
They knew how much he wanted before trading for him. Not like Lindholm accepted less just because he became a Bruin.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Fletcher played the media and then got played by Florida.
How did he get played by Florida? He got a 1st round pick and a top prospect. I'm not a huge fan of Tippett but he's clearly on the cusp of breaking into the NHL. He's shown he's too good for the AHL already.

What more did people expect Giroux would get?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Coop is gonna get at least a 5m per deal. He’s worth it, but re-signing him would likely be tough. Still he makes the team better now. Hope the Avs land him.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Friedman has been saying for days now that Giroux was going to Florida. It's entirely possible that he didn't know that he ONLY wanted to go there.

It looks like Fletcher started shopping around before he knew that Giroux would only accept to go to Florida, hence the Briere stuff.

Reactions: Avsboy

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
All this so called insiders know which players are on trading block, which is no secret, everyone knows, all they do is just name random teams and say that's where player X will go to, if they're lucky they are right, most of the time they're wrong. Anyone can do their job, easiest thing to do.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I’m sure he’ll uptick when he goes to Boston and is paired with McAvoy, but his contract kicks in when he’s 29 and he’s not exactly an offensive dynamo. How much do you think he’s worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad